1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

RDIWS | Round 2 - Montreal

Discussion in 'RD IndyCar World Series' started by Lorenzo Bonder, May 27, 2016.

Added to Calendar: 04-06-16
  1. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

Flyer R2.jpg
    Bonjour for Round 2!

General Information
    Date: Saturday, June 4th 2016
    Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM IWS R2

Start time: 17:30 GMT (18:30 BST)
    Broadcast Start: 18:30 GMT (19:30 BST)

Skin Pack: DOWNLOAD VIA LOGIN ON SERVER
    Virtual Time of Day: 14:00
    Track Grip: Heavily rubbered track
    Conditions: According to forecast

Race Schedule
    • 17:30 GMT (18:30 BST) | Free Practice | 60 minutes
    • 18:30 GMT (19:30 BST) | Qualification | 20 minutes - Max of 5 laps completed (1x Outlap + 3x Hotlaps + 1x Inlap
    • 18:50 GMT (19:50 BST) | Warmup / Driver Briefing | 5 minutes (Track closed)
    • 18:55 GMT (19:55 BST) Recon Laps | 5 Minutes (Pits closed 2min30sec after session start)
    • 19:00 GMT (20:00 BST) | Race | 54 Laps - Rolling Start
    Technical Notes
    Track Length: 4.361 km (2.71 mi)
    Top speed: 300 km/h
    Turns: 13 in total. (8 right, 5 left)

Track Map & Red Zone:
    The red zone for Round 2 applies from the Start/Finish line to the exit of Turn 10 during the first lap of the race. Incidents that occur in this zone will be automatically looked at and scrutinized more heavily, and may be punished more severely. The objective of the red zone is to promote a clean start to the race so that everyone can get through the first lap unscathed. Erratic changes of direction, contact and crashes will be penalized more harshly if found guilty.
    800px-Circuit_GillesVilleneuve_2002.svg.png

Track Limits
    Article 6.1 of the 2016 RaceDepartment League Regulations states that all drivers must maintain at least two wheels within the white lines of the track at all times when under normal control of their car. Whilst article 6.1 applies to the entire race track, the stewards will pay particularly strong attention to the following areas of the track. The cutting penalties outlined in the Stewards Notice Board thread will be applied to drivers who take liberties with these areas too often.

Turns 12/13 (Chicane)
    Drivers must keep two wheels on the white line at all times. Going over the kerb with more than three wheels is considered as cutting. The exit will be excempt, as the surface is too slippery to provide any time gain.
    GRAB_002.JPG

Pit Lane Exit
    Drivers must not switch lanes until the exit of T2. If caught doing so, you will be given an automatic 10 second time penalty added to your race time. Drivers are allowed to cross it during the practice session, provided it does not impede anyone or cause an incident. If it does impede or cause an incident, then the affected driver is free to submit an incident report.
    [​IMG]

Teamspeak
    Teamspeak will be Mandatory for the league, as the race director will use whisper messages to communicate everything needed. Make sure to properly set up TS for whispers, using the same settings as the screenshot below. Speakers must be activated at all times during qualifying and race.
    [​IMG]

When joining the server you can create your team's subchannel following the steps listed below.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  2. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

• Like Like x 3
  3. SK

SK
    Prince with a thousand enemies. Premium Member

Well played on the freedomfication of my surname.

• Haha Haha x 2
  4. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

Haha, well it just had to be done :roflmao:

5. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner
    Germany's greatest Indycar Fan. Staff Premium Member

Just to confirm @Matheus Machado, can we run up to the wall of champions (last turn) or are the white lines track limits as usual on the track?

6. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein
    TXL Racing Premium Member

Thought about the same thing. It would be nice if we could run up to the wall makes policing easier and makes it the true wall of champions and if you "cut", you get an instant penalty :D

7. Valrys

Valrys
    Premium Member

That would be cool, +1. It's also pretty slippy out there on that green stuff by the wall, you are likely to penalise yourself going out there at all. Only really need to stop people cutting across the inside, that's the easy way to gain time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Valrys

Valrys
    Premium Member

Also, is there a higher res version of that spotters guide available, Andrew?

9. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

Hi @Valrys sorry matey just saw your post.

Once the entry list is confirmed I'll update it and repost it as some may change colour schemes, or sign is as absent, etc.

If you want the PDF version to print here it is....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/la8lreic3qx3a1y/Round Two Montreal.pdf?dl=0

The original version was in 600Dpi which is overkill really, as you could put it on a wall! :D I prefer to start at a higher size and then shrink down, makes things easier, but if you want a link to that one, give me a shout :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein

Just tried to connect to the new server and get a "Mod download failed". I could download the vMod from the WEC server. This error usually comes up when the vMod is not available in the packages folder on the server (just a shot in the dark in case others have the same problem).

11. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado
    #17 Talking Door Racing Staff

The server was supposed to be down, I was doing some tests on it and forgot to put it down afterwards. The files are indeed not there as the RaceRfactor track needs to be updated on the server.

• Like Like x 2
  12. SK

SK
    Prince with a thousand enemies. Premium Member

no server still?

13. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein

Looks like it. Cant see anything in liveracer.

14. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

We are working on it. We'll get it up still today I guess

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

Server is up folks :)

• Like Like x 3
  16. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner
    Germany's greatest Indycar Fan. Staff Premium Member

Yay, Wall of Champions :)

17. TrevorGreenfield

TrevorGreenfield
    Premium Member

I spent a lot of time preparing a setup for the first Montreal track.
    Now on this second Montreal track, I have done a ton of testing and absolutely cannot dial out the bumps. If you watch this onboard (fast forward to 16:33 since RD doesnt support this feature)
    These sharp bumps and undulating bumps in the track simply don't exist in real life. Yeah theres a couple small bumps, but you wouldnt even really notice it compared to a track like Sebring or the street circuits.

Not sure what to say other than I don't think this track is realistic.

18. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein

I also strugle with the bumps, but only had a few laps on the new version. I guess a more cautious driving approach helps.

19. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

Yes as @Frederic Schornstein mentioned above. I signed into the server last night but the track and my wheel hate one another. Did about 20 laps but was having trouble keeping the car in a straight line due to the bumps. Switched off the FFB in the end just so I could make it round.

As you mention matey, you just have to be very cautious but the grip levels on the server were pretty low as well which didn't help.

Gonna do a race simulation with a bunch of AI cars later today which I think will be a better test than running by myself. Probably less frustrating as well! :)

Nice vid @TrevorGreenfield wish I could carry that much speed into the corners! :(

Can someone post a link to the first track, just out of curiosity I'd like to compare the two anyway. Thanks.

EDIT: My apologies, I assume it's the ISI version that was the previous one we tried.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  20. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein

Tried all three available tracks. The layout is pretty much exactly the same except for anti-cut curbs and the exit of the hairpin. Only major diffrence are the bumps, which I didnt really notice first.

• Like Like x 1