1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

RDIWS | Round 1 - Sebring

Discussion in 'RD IndyCar World Series' started by Matheus Machado, May 12, 2016.

1. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado
    #17 Talking Door Racing Staff

[​IMG]
    And away we go!

General Information
    Date: Saturday 21st of April 2016
    Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM RDIWS

Start time: 17:30 GMT (18:30 BST)
    Broadcast Start: 18:30 GMT (19:30 BST)

Skin Pack:
    DOWNLOAD VIA LOGIN ON SERVER
    Virtual Time of Day: 14:00
    Track Grip: Heavily rubbered track
    Conditions: According to forecast

Race Schedule
    • 17:30 GMT (18:30 BST) | Free Practice | 60 minutes
    • 18:30 GMT (19:30 BST) | Qualification | 20 minutes - Max of 5 laps completed (including inlap)
    • 18:50 GMT (19:50 BST) | Warmup | 5 minutes
    • 18:55 GMT (19:55 BST) Recon Laps | 5 Minutes (Pits closed 2min30sec after session start)
    • 19:00 GMT (20:00 BST) | Race | 62 Laps - Rolling Start

Technical Notes
    Track Length: 6.018 km
    Top speed: 307 km/h
    Turns: 17 in total. (11 right, 6 left)

Track Map & Red Zone:
    The red zone for Round 1 applies from the start finish line to the exit of Turn 8 during the first lap of the race. Incidents that occur in this zone will be automatically looked at and scrutinized more heavily, and may be punished more severely. The objective of the red zone is to promote a clean start to the race so that everyone can get through the first lap unscathed. Erratic changes of direction, contact and crashes will be penalized more harshly if found guilty.
    [​IMG]

Track Limits
    Article 6.1 of the 2016 RaceDepartment League Regulations states that all drivers must maintain at least two wheels within the white lines of the track at all times when under normal control of their car. Whilst article 6.1 applies to the entire race track, the stewards will pay particularly strong attention to the following areas of the track. The cutting penalties outlined in the Stewards Notice Board thread will be applied to drivers who take liberties with these areas too often.

An exception (applied to both qualy and race) has been made for the inside of T1 and the entirety of T17. Both exceptions are placed to follow real life series and allow for more overtaking spots.

Turn 1
    Drivers are only allowed to place the car's wheels on the left line of the pit exit. Touching the right side line will be considered as cutting.
    [​IMG]

Turns 15/16
    Drivers must keep two wheels on the white lines at all times. Going over the kerb with three wheels or more is considered as cutting
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pit Lane Exit
    Drivers must not exceed the white line on the exit of the pit lane which guides you safely back to the racing line, at any point during Qualifying or the Race. If caught doing so, you will be given an automatic 10 second time penalty added to your race time. Drivers are allowed to cross it during the practice session, provided it does not impede anyone or cause an incident. If it does impede or cause an incident, then the affected driver is free to submit an incident report.
    During the race, drivers must rejoin the track near the exit kerb. If a driver is exiting the pits and another car is coming into T1, the rejoining car must yield the position if the car behind has already initiated the turn in. If the car behind is still going straight, the rejoining car is free to take the position in the track and the on-track car must yield the position.
    [​IMG]

Be aware that the pit lane ends a little bit before the exit lights. See image below:
    [​IMG]

Teamspeak
    Teamspeak will be Mandatory for the league, as the race director will use whisper messages to communicate everything needed. Make sure to properly set up TS for whispers, using the same settings as the screenshot below. Speakers must be activated at all times during qualifying and race.
    [​IMG]

When joining the server you can create your team's subchannel following the steps listed below.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2016
    • Love Love x 2
  2. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner
    Germany's greatest Indycar Fan. Staff Premium Member

I'm hyped :) Think TDR has a decent setup for round 1, but no idea how the pace is gonna be in the end...

• Like Like x 1
  3. TTupsi

TTupsi
    Premium Member

I assume reseves are automatically called up since the max number of sign ups hasn't been reached`? :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner

You're welcome to race with us :)

• Like Like x 4
  5. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

Managed a couple of hours last night on the server, had some company too which was cool.

Still work to do but I'm much faster than I was in the club race, it's just doing long runs now and being consistent, also just getting my braking right into the apexes.

Did try both tyre compounds, those reds are very addictive but don't last too long! :D

Just looking for a solid result for this one, the quick guys are out of reach but I'll give it my best :thumbsup:

6. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis
    Premium Member

I'm unsure how to start the race. We must do a recon lap, stop on the grid, then a formation lap with a rolling start?

7. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner

Yep, exactly :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado

Confirmed Entry List For Round 1
    1. @Chark (Charles Baccio)
    2. @Tobias Röhner
    3. @Norman Bruce
    4. @Szymon Olizarowicz
    5. @Tal (Tal Segal)
    6. @Valrys (Allie Ferrie)
    7. @SK (Evan Spall)
    8. @Alessandro Di Domenicantonio
    9. @Martin Vindis
    10. @James Wilson
    11. @Andrew Harper
    12. @Jimmy Broadbent
    13. @Nate Lupson
    14. @Ryan Reed-Edwards
    15. @Kresh (Kreshinik Halili)
    16. @Matt88 (Matthew Beavis)
    17. @Sherwin van der Sloot
    18. @Campbell Wallis
    19. @Frederic Schornstein
    20. @Luke Walsh
    21. @TrevorGreenfield (Trevor Greenfield)
    22. @TTupsi (Tapio Rinneaho)
    23. @Dolf4737 (Dolf Tolentino)
    Reported Absences

• Like Like x 3
  9. Sherwin van der Sloot

Sherwin van der Sloot
    RDIWS - SimTech Motorsport #11 Premium Member

The 62 laps of the race, is that including the manual formation lap, or is it 62 laps after that manual lap? :)

Looking forward to a great race today !!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

62 laps is usually from the point the race goes green flag, so my guess is no it doesn't include any formation laps.

11. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado

After the green flag as Andrew said. Race will show up as 63 laps on the server.

12. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado

Server is restarted! Practice timer is showing an extra 5 minutes to what it should be, but the session will be manually skipped.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Valrys

Valrys
    Premium Member

I'm a little confused about the warmup and recon laps. I understand that we can't do a complete lap and have to drive through the pits....but if the pitlane is closed with 2min30 to spare, does this mean we have to leave the pits before that and then drive round to park on the grid? Or just that we have to stay in the pits for the last couple of minutes before the session switches to race session?

Edit: Oh also, is the race being streamed?

14. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado

Once the game switches to race session, wait for the pit exit light to turn green. Then, you have 2min and 30 sec to leave the pits. And then more 2min and 30 sec to park the car on the grid, pits will be closed on both exit and entry.
    If you leave the pits as soon as it opens, you can do two recon laps by going through the pits and starting another lap to park the car on the grid. Just make sure to exit the pits before it is closed.

15. Valrys

Valrys
    Premium Member

Alright, I think I understand. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Matt88

Matt88
    Premium Member

Hi,

The link for the TS server is unavailable.

Where can i get the details for the Racedperatment TS Server?

Thanks

17. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado

• Like Like x 1
  18. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein
    TXL Racing Premium Member

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  19. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein
    TXL Racing Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  20. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner

The race was extremely back and forth for me. Was fighting for 2nd 3rd for most of the race until I binned it in the last 10 laps which was a bit disappointing, but still super fun for me to be in.

Huge props to @Matheus Machado and @Lorenzo Bonder for the live stewarding. Super stressful and hard to keep track of what's what.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love Love x 2