1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

RDIWS | Final Round 7 - Indy 200

Discussion in 'RD IndyCar World Series' started by Lorenzo Bonder, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

[​IMG]
    Back for a last round at Indy!

General Information
    Date: Saturday, Auguest 27th 2016
    Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM IWS R7

Start time: 17:30 GMT (18:30 BST)
    Broadcast Start: 18:30 GMT (19:30 BST)

Skin Pack: DOWNLOAD VIA LOGIN ON SERVER
    Virtual Time of Day: 14:00
    Track Grip: Heavily rubbered track
    Conditions: According to forecast (if raining it will be a Sunny Day)

Race Schedule
    • 17:30 GMT (18:30 BST) | Free Practice | 60 minutes
    • 18:30 GMT (19:30 BST) | Qualification | 20 minutes - Max of 5 laps completed (1x Outlap + 3x Hotlaps + 1x Inlap
    • 18:50 GMT (19:50 BST) | Warmup / Driver Briefing | 5 minutes (Track closed)
    • 18:55 GMT (19:55 BST) Recon Laps | 5 Minutes (Pits closed 2min30sec after session start)
    • 19:00 GMT (20:00 BST) | Race | 80 Laps - Manual Rolling Start
    Technical Notes
    Track Length: 4.023 km (2.5 mi)
    Top speed: 375 kmh (+233 mph)
    Turns: 4 Left Turns

Track Map & Red Zone:
    The red zone is the entire first lap, with largest focus on turns 1 & 2 as the aero push and provide accidents and pile-ups, especially with cold tires. Any accidents over there will be reviewed and if proven guilty, could face major incidents.
    [​IMG]

Track Limits
    Article 6.1 of the 2016 RaceDepartment League Regulations states that all drivers must maintain at least two wheels within the white lines of the track at all times when under normal control of their car. Whilst article 6.1 applies to the entire race track, the stewards will pay particularly strong attention to the following areas of the track. The cutting penalties outlined in the Stewards Notice Board thread will be applied to drivers who take liberties with these areas too often.

Since the whole circuit is a rectangular shaped oval, the turns are very straightforward. Track limits is the white inside line in the whole extent of the track.

Pit Exit
    During a pit stop, drivers leaving the pits must leave using the green marked area, running in the pit exit tarmac in order to avoid early rejoin and cause an accident with drivers running with blazing fast speeds.

Once the pit exit area ends and the race line begins, drivers MUST stay in the inside line until it's safe to resume on the outside part of the track and rejoin safely on the outside part of the track.
    [​IMG]

Drivers when leaving the pits can remove the pit limited once they cross the yellow marked line in the end of the pits, as seen below.
    [​IMG]

Pit Entry
    Pit Entry is right after Turn 4, and to enter it, drivers must take the inside line after the curve, as seen in the picture below.
    [​IMG]

Once entry is done, driver must reduce speed ASAP as the pit speed limit starts in the yellow line inside the pits, making it really hard for drivers to see. Drivers after passing the white line will have about 150 meters to brake and come to pit speed before crossing the yellow limit line.
    We recommend that the decceleration begins before the white pit entry line is crossed. In the picture below is a reference to drivers of the speed reduction zone. The yellow line means where drivers must reduce car speed and the red lines indicate a reference on when drivers need to have pit speed. The limit line is seen right next to one of the red lines covering the whole pit area.
    [​IMG]

Teamspeak
    Teamspeak will be Mandatory for the league, as the race director will use whisper messages to communicate everything needed. Make sure to properly set up TS for whispers, using the same settings as the screenshot below. Speakers must be activated at all times during qualifying and race.
    [​IMG]

When joining the server you can create your team's subchannel following the steps listed below.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sherwin van der Sloot

Sherwin van der Sloot
    RDIWS - SimTech Motorsport #11 Premium Member

I hope that a server will be up soon('ish), so we can see what everybody's doing around here.

If the previous attempt (and last race!) is anything to go by, this is going to be a freaking awesome season finale!

And I'm not going to lie, I am possibly even more looking forward to hearing about the next season :D:D:D:D:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

5. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel
    RedShift Racing Staff Premium Member

SERVER IS UP!

Apologies for the delay. I wish you all the best of luck for the final race of the season! :D

• Like Like x 3
  6. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

• Like Like x 4
  7. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs
    Premium Member

Looking forward to racing Indy this weekend????

[​IMG]

• Haha Haha x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Sherwin van der Sloot

Sherwin van der Sloot
    RDIWS - SimTech Motorsport #11 Premium Member

I just noticed that on the server, the race is currently set to a rolling start. If I remember correctly, this was (part of) why the starting procedure the last time around was very, very messy ;)

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

DAAAAAIIIIIIMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN

10. Valrys

Valrys
    Premium Member

He'd have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those meddling SimTech kids

• Haha Haha x 6
  11. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

DAMN THE TORPEDOES.

Allie...nice reference. For that you deserve it.
    [​IMG]

12. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel

HAHAHA! Done - switched to a standing start. :thumbsup: I just based it on the description in the first post; I will update this for you as well. ;)

13. Otune

Otune
    Premium Member

It's not actually a standing start though - it's a manual rolling start. ;)

14. Daiman Patel

Daiman Patel

Ah right, thanks for the heads up! :D I have re-amended the first post.

15. Campbell Wallis

Campbell Wallis
    Premium Member

Not the end to the season I was after. Made good progress before the first safety car but on the restart the cars in front unexpectedly slowed and someone went into the back of me. No major damage done, but a few laps later I went wide into the wall at turn 3 and wasn't able to correct the spin to avoid coming back on to the track and taking out @Kresh , then barrel rolling through the air a few times. Really sorry about that.

Amazingly, that wasn't an instant retirement (though it resulted in a two and a half minute pit stop) but after a few green flag laps I realised there was still way too much damage for me to continue without being a liability so I parked it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Frederic Schornstein

Frederic Schornstein
    TXL Racing Premium Member

Shame I had to miss the round, but with no running for the past few weeks and being a still sick I would probably have been a danger out on track (was already in bed before the race finished). Looking at the results my chances to defend the first place overall didnt look bad, but in oval racing you never know. Big congrats to Charles who looks to have won the championship (we will see). A bit sad I had to give it up after leading from the start, but looking at the great finish of yesterdays race everyone at the front end deserved it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Matt88

Matt88
    Premium Member

1st off congrats to Charles on winning the championship. Put in a quality drive in that race :)

Qually: Car felt great :)

Race: Really enjoyed the 1st 40 laps, great battle with Shane on the restarts and it was very very tense, trying to keep it together on the limit for so many laps.

Did my 1st stop and enjoyed the first few laps battling it out, there was some great racing with everyone I came across whilst running in the mid pack. Then the safety cars came.........

Now the restart (I can't remember what one it was, but I got some blame on the broadcast :D). I went early, the rolling speed wasn't very consistant in the mid pack and it looked to me that the cars in front had booted. Put my foot down, went passed Tal and immediately realised I had jumped the gun, I pulled to the inside line as close to the wall as possible and lifted. Next thing my rearview was like a hollywood movie. Although I did go early, I did get off the racing line and did not come close to making contact with anyone, or make any other driver change there course of direction.

I had overfueled at this point and got my, on the fly math all wrong, at least I wasn't the only one to do this @Lorenzo Bonder, what happened to the accurate maths? :D:roflmao:. On the last restart I did not hear the green flag call, so sat behind Tal for a couple of laps before realising. Lost the momentum I had in the race earlier on and couldn't close the gap on the leaders, but had a good few laps at the end with Ollie which was fun.

Anyways, this is the 1st league I have ever taken part in and have really enjoyed it. It has been close and exciting throught the whole season. Really looking foward to season 2. I do hope season 2 is longer ;):thumbsup:

Did the fact I led the most laps give me any extra hope of beating Charles. Remember their doubled as well :D:D. Im clutching at straws I know :rolleyes: Again well done Charles :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    #forçaChape Staff

Too many variables to handle with. :whistling:

20. James Wilson

James Wilson
    Premium Member

Insanely late but here is my POV of this race.

James Wilson

• Like Like x 1