RDHGP S8 - Test Event - 10 laps - Adelaide 88/Kyalami 70 - Tue 4th Oct 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
Welcome to the Pre-Season Testing event for Season 8 of the RaceDepartment Historic Grand Prix.

This will be a very cut down briefing compared to the actual race events, as the event is mostly a practice session - we will NOT be having a separate qualifying session, I'll roll straight to Race and just go with whatever the game gives us.

The breakdown of the events will be as follows:

Practice1: 19.00GMT - 40 minutes
Race1: 19.40GMT - 10 laps
Practice2: 20.00GMT - 40 minutes
Race2: 20.40GMT - 10 laps

We will be using RD CLUB rules and CLUB PASSWORD for this event. If you take anyone off, or even if you think you might have, STOP AND WAIT FOR THEM. Failure to do so could jepoardise your place in the League.

This is a non-competitive event, merely for us to work any last minute kinks out of our setups, make our final vehicle choice decisions, test the preliminary skin packs I'll be providing, make sure no-one has any problem connecting / staying in / viewing anyone elses skin. Don't go treating it like a League race.

Event 1 will be round Adelaide (88s layout) I will be rolling here @19.00GMT, irrespective of what track the server is currently on.

t1.jpgAdelaide88 is a tight, twisty street circuit. We've used it in the Club in the past, and it gets a really nice flow to it.

This circuit will test braking, handling & balance in the cars, and probably patience and control in the drivers.
Adelaide88.jpgThe Race Director has the following points for drivers:
1. The "speed bump" type kerbs - should be treated as Normal kerbs with regard to the 2 wheel rule.
2. The starting chicane - attacking this too fast will take drivers over the bumps, causing both loss of control and a probable cut. I've also seen instant Stop/Go's awarded here if positions are gained by deliberate cutting
3. Mutt Street - the corner exiting Mutt Street can be attacked, but again there is a bumped kerb, which will throw the car out of control

t2.jpg
This is a pure power circuit in contrast to Adelaide. There are no really tight corners, more stable, mid speed sweepings, and the long, long back straight will allow the top speed to be wrung out of the vehicles.

This is here for people to work on their top speeds / gearings / tyre pressures / relative slipstream efficiency.

Kyalami.jpg
The Race Director has the following points for drivers:
1. T1 - Crowthorne - Especially on Lap1, there will be lots of different speed, different size and different braking cars all piling into T1 from the Grid. Take care through here, don't take liberties. If it looks like there may be some doubt as to whether you can pass cleanly, just back out.
2. T6/T7 - Esses - As the race goes on, drivers will pile into here faster and faster. Be aware of what is in front of you, other drivers ahead may not be able to see you coming because of the turns and the gradient changes.

Good luck all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years