1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

RDHGP S4 - Testing event - 15th October

Discussion in 'GT Legends' started by Stuart Thomson, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson
    The Stoat Without Fear ™ Premium Member

[​IMG]

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
    Class: GTC76 League Cars (skinpack to follow)
    Track: Paul Ricard 88 / Paul Ricard 75 / Snetterton 64
    Practice: 15 mins
    Qualification: 10 mins
    Race: 6 laps
    Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

No entry list or sign up required.

2. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

Stuart,I have to work that evening,bud I hope to be there at least race two and three.

That picture above, where is that taken? Holland P1 makes me curios,it is tropical with these helmets?

Hans

3. I'll be there :)

4. Yup me to. :)

5. Me too :)

6. Knut Omdal Tveito

Knut Omdal Tveito
    Premium Member

Looking forward to this. Im off to the garage to prep my very own 906:drool:

7. Need to do some practice. I am new to Legends and need to get rid of some GTR Evo/Rfactor/iracing habits. Like late on the brakes and turning hard. That doesn't work at all in Legends and i like that because i need to "learn" to drive again. :)

8. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

NOTE TO ALL RDHGP DRIVERS

The password for this event will not be the normal Racing Club password.

The correct password will ONLY be supplied in your GPCOS control centre, so you will need to register in GPCOS to be able to drive this, or any other, League event.

9. Warren Dawes

Warren Dawes
    Premium Member

Good thinking Ivo, and there are quite a few "other habits" that I have seen people do in GTRE that I hope never transfer to our GTL community too.

I'm not referring to you here Ivo, but I'm sure you know what I mean. :bump2: :fencing:

:wink: :whistle: :D

10. Hehe :D

11. The same here m8, my first starts and totally first league on this sim, you are right is much different then GTR Evo, so it is big challenge to us.

12. Hans Sneep

Hans Sneep
    Premium Member

Any body??

13. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Sorry Hans, no. It came up as a result on "racing pits"

Although I think "Holland" is a drivers name rather than a location.

The other one is labelled "Rose"

14. Carlos Diaz

Carlos Diaz
    Happily driving a "girly" car

OK, so I went and opened an account in the GPCOS website. Now what? I don't know what to do next. I guess I am supposed to join a league? Sorry for my noobness:sorry:

15. Enjoy the test guys, can't make it unfortunately.

16. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Hi Carlos,

Go here and have a look around: http://forum.racedepartment.com/rd-historic-grand-prix/

Then if you still want to join us in the League, go here and sign up (after choosing your car, of course): http://forum.racedepartment.com/rd-historic-grand-prix/22891-rdhgp-s4-sign-up-thread.html

17. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

OK, as it stands, the following people have entered sign-ups, but NOT done their GPCOS yet, and so won't be able to participate on Thursday, as they won't know the password.

Simon Bacon
    Stuart Neal
    Matt Crouch
    Jay Adgie
    ummagumma (waiting on full RC application).

Some I know the reasons for their non-processing up to this point, some I don't.

But the following people HAVE done their GPCOS, and will be able to participate (in car number ascending order).

Ulli Haus
    David Cuthill
    Krzysztof Babij
    Warren Dawes
    Gary Lennon
    Peter Gog
    Steven Palmer
    Sam J Simpson
    Piotr Misiorek
    Tom Wilson
    Bert Van Waes
    Stuart Thomson
    Carlos Diaz
    Nigel Atkins
    Ben Tusting
    Predrag Drobac
    Kris Leeten
    Amir Margalit
    Ryan Callan
    Peter Duivelaar
    Knut Omdal Tveito
    Ivo Simons
    Jari Vinnari
    Hans Sneep

So, if the non-GPCOS-ers do their sign ups, we are at a very healthy potential field of 29, and that's not allowing for any more late joiners.

I will be posting up v1.0 of the skinpack tomorrow (Sun 11th Oct). If you sign up between tomorrow and Wednesday, and want to use a 3rd party skin, you will have to wait until v1.1 of the skinpack for that skin to be included. You can still drive the testing event, but you will need to use one of the other non-claimed skins still remaining available in the v1.0 pack.

Please note - Wednesday evening (14th Oct) 23.00 Ldn Time is the last time I will be accepting or processing ANY sign-ups or users in GPCOS before the Testing Event.

I will not even consider looking at anyone's application on Thursday, so I can prepare for the testing myself and not get caught up in a barrage of PM's with 5 minutes to go to event start, so if you aren't ready by Wednesday, you'll have to miss the event I'm afraid, and I'll process your sign-up & GPCOS etc from Friday 16th onwards.

18. Carlos Diaz

Carlos Diaz
    Happily driving a "girly" car

I haven't tried the other two tracks, but I am getting random lock ups on PR1975. Complete lockups, not CTD, would be better if they were CTDs.
    I have tried all kinds of different graphics settings and nothing. I even tried different DX levels (like DX7). I hope I don't have these problems with any of the league tracks:damnit:

My PC:
    Phenom 8400
    3GB DDR2
    ATI HD3870

19. Hi Stuart,

unfortunately I won't be able to make it to the test event! My girl went to France for 6 months and I will visit her for the first time now! Will be back thursday, October 22ed!

20. Stuart Thomson

Stuart Thomson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.