RDHCS S10 - Round 5 - 100km (32 Laps) - Portland 70 - Tue 23rd April 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
just 1 or 2 laps before the finish Senad spun right in front of me ( i don't think i've hit you Senad, but if i did it wasn't intencional, it may have been lag :unsure:)
No, my own doing, I accidentally double down-shifted. Suits me right for not using the H-shifter.

Was quite fun indeed. Hope all was well with my driving.

Thanks to the organizers and everyone racing, see you all in the next one.

My most disappointing race this season for me, and it had so much potential :cry:

A lot of practice saw me as prepared as I could be, and my practice laps saw me sitting quite high in the list, and going off track was a rarity.

Quali saw me starting 13th again. Behind Bob H again. Unlucky for me again?

I got a clean, if steady, start this time, no gantries to spin me off track, and Bob disappeared up the road. As I approached T1, Jack flew by me then braked hard as Yves suddenly appeared in front of him. This started a slow spin by Yves, and everyone got bunched up by the accident. I got pushed to the outside, so I carried on to the wall to try and get by-only to find Rupe stalled against the wall, and I had nowhere to go.
So I waited and ended up dead last. Slowly caught people up, had a short fight with Peter, then wrecked it by spinning on the grass. And that was the story of my night. Got lapped about half way, but when Dmytro and Knut went by I was actually catching them at one point. I bagged the 7th fastest lap time of the race, about 0.4 secs faster than my quali lap.

I enjoyed this track. I enjoyed the occasional battles with other drivers. My driving let me down.

GP200, here we come. And guys, watch that first corner :p

Had a good start, moved up several positions ....heading into turn 1 everything looked good until...:( Yves 's cars spawned ( appeared out of the blue). I hit the brakes but I unfortunately tapped him just enough to throw him off balance and he then hit Bob. I feel terrible about it but please trust that it was not due to crazy driving. I did not wait due to the rules but I let Yves by me later as he caught up to me pretty quickly again. I then had 16 laps of great racing and having a blast until I missed my braking point, locked the brakes passing Rui at the first turn again and killed the engine at the left wall. Felt like crying..but I stayed in the pits to watch the rest of the action.....good racing.

Thanks Rupe and Knut and Stu. WD Ross, Neil, and Dmy. Grats all drivers.

Confirmed Results for Round

Click me for race Analysis and Results :)

Portland 70 confirmed results.jpg

Ondrej Kapal given a 2 minute penalty for not taking his drive through for a 3rd cut track warning, he had completed 75% of the race distance and ended in 21st place due to laps completed over lower placings..

My replay
Well even though i was not expecting great things form this track, i was surprised how well i was doing. in practice i was slowly slipping down the timing board but it stopped at about 8th place..
This was far better than i imagined.. When we started Qually i set off and seemed for the first time to actually bettered my lap times in practice. I ended up in 4th place .. now that was a big shock..:)..

Then it was Race time.. i remember then number coming 3,2,1, and GO, i was all in slow motion for me my car set off and i was off, really off. I must of nailed the start i was going past the 3 cars in front of me... it was a Really weird feeling, i got to about the 200m mark and hit the brakes .. I had done quite a few practice start from abouth 10th place and that seemed to be were i needed to brake.. As the corner drew closer i thought to my self this is going to be close, my car was not turning i just seemed to be going straight on.. I knew Neil was on the outside of me and expected Ross somewhere on the inside..
As the barriers drew closer there comes that cold chill , that sinking feeling inside, reality checks in ..im going to crash...BANG, i hit the wall. As i look behind me all i see are cars,they were every where, my car was stalled, Oh i felt so bad inside. The next thing i know i get a tap from behind.. my first though was were is Neil, but it wasnt it was Jack.
.. my car fired up and a sheeperly drove round the bend on the grass.. oh man i was feeling bad... I waited for a gap in the traffic and set off.:(:redface:

As i look behind me there must of been 10 cars.. feeling really bad now.. I turn off the speaker in T/speak at the beginning of the race so i was hearing nothing but my engine , (i can get distracted sometimes). As i was driving round the track i started to overtake a couple of cars, so when i got a little wide on a corner i thought to my self this is a good time pulled over and let all the cars go by.. Still thinking i was to blame for all the first corner mayhem..
Once i was plum last it took me a couple of steady laps to catch up the cars in front. for the next 20 laps every car i overtook i felt bad almost regretting the overtake. I slowly caught up to Bob H and he looked to be having a good race with Yves in his very wide mustang, I passed Bob on the back straight. This was a good place to pass in the Healey. I didnt think i would get by Yves but he spun on the first corner very soon after.. I managed a couple of more places due to cars spinning in front of me. i could see the laps were counting down quick now I could see Jay up ahead but he crossed the line just ahead of me..
It was only when i finished and started to apologise to all on T/speak, i was told it wasn't me, I had only tangled with Neil
So a big sorry to Neil.:(
I thought i could make the turn from where i braked...i will be a bit more cautios next time. im glad i didnt end your race.. Sorry you never got the break you deserved in the ferrairi. you was quick:thumbsup:
So after spending the whole race feeling bad, on reflection from a driving point it was maybe one of my strongest performances.:) . apart from the wall..:(
From last to 9th place.. Wow..

So a big sorry if my tangle with Neil distracted others:redface:
thanks all for racing,

Thanks m8. My replay always seems to be me stationary in the grass and is only 30 seconds long. Any way I can fix that? :(
By default the Replays are overwritten each time. To make a unique name for each race replay, open the PLR file and make sure the Replay Dated is activated:
Replays Dated="1"

After your next race the replay will be named with a date and time, Portland_130423_2201.Vcr instead of just Portland.Vcr

I had a good race, rather uneventful after lap 4, but despite not much on-track action I am very pleased with the result!

In practice I felt lack of grip at first, driving rally-style sideways a lot with lots of spins, but gradually things got better, in Qualy I did a LOT of laps and even managed 5th place. More than happy with that!
Atfter the start I managed a narrow escape from the T1 incident, which got me into 3rd place for a short while, I once even applied for 2nd place in the twisty section but Dmytro was having none of that and gave me a little 'Jenson Button' ;) leaving me no room but on the grass, so had to slow down and Guus and Neil came past.. so back into 5th..

I could sneak past Guus shortly after that, but I was defenseless against Knuts Ferrari down the long straight, so once again, I was in 5th at the beginning of lap 4.

And that's about all there was to it, the guys in front slowly took off out of sight, as I managed to steadily open up a gap to Guus behind me. And that's how it stayed until the end, finish in 5th!:)
I did however fanatically try to lap Tim for the last 8 laps of the race, but to no avail as he was really flying in his Alpine, real shame he struck as much bad luck as he did!:confused:
And Dave too, he was really quick in his Lotus and looking good for a high finish until his spin :(,

Thanks to everyone for racing, especially to the guys that got lapped, as you were all super clean and predictable :thumbsup:
Grats to Ross, Neil and Dmytro for making the podium, and of course big thanks to Rupe, Knut and Stuart for all their efforts for this great league.

This was a good one:cool:
During Quali stood a long time on p15-16 with my fastest lap till than bud in the last 3 min. drop down to 22 an a bit disappointed :( laptimes where real close so to the start!

From early race's I new that T1 was a tricky one,start on the right side of the track an stay there to T1, it was a bit of a Chaos an passed on the outside an stay out off trouble so halfway lap 1 found my self on p11 real shock:ninja: lap 2 behind Ondrej in trouble an passed him p10??? !

Bud not for long in lap 4 he got me back, then it started the fast guys where coming fast in L5 first Jay in lap 8 Yves thundering by an lap 9 Hutcho an Rupe, me trying to hold on to Rupe bud way to fast for me !

Now on p15 with a small gap to the guys behind me Jack Rui Bob an Senad the gap was between 1 to 3 seconds an they keep me sharp no room for mistakes;)

In lap 21 I think Ross game by braking early for T1 to let him pass bud the guys behind back to 1 second...:sick: so put some more coal on the fire an bring the gap back to 2 sec..

Lap 25 Neil passed an the same thing happen did my fastest lap after that an holding the distance:) with the Finn inside lap 31 on p15 do to DQ from Ondrej offering me P14 best result for me:D !!
Thanks To Rupe Knut an Stuart for a great League, Grats Podium Ross Neil Dmytro !!
An All for Racing !!

I will join the unhappy racers, not for the race itself, because that was great fun with Rui and Senad, but with my lack of pace in the race being almost 1 second off my normal practice times and my usual lack of grunt, which showed here more than any other track.

But, and it's a big BUT, I had probably the most fun so far, it was great racing with Rui and Senad lap after lap sometimes inches apart and no contact, it was a huge pleasure racing with you and looking forward to the next race.

Congratulations to the podium aliens.

Very late race report:

Went much faster in qualie than i'd ever gone before, but still an agonising 0.002s short at the end! I really had to nail the infield section and the final chicane to get that time, but Neil just had enough for pole!

In the race I knew i'd be a sitting duck off the start, but I got a massive slice of luck when Neil & Rupe went straight on at turn 1. (I assumed both had braked too late) I have to say though, that Rupe seemed to have a rocket up his ar*e off the line! From then on I had to keep my right foot planted so I could get out of the 'DRS zone!' (ie: any straight piece of track) and use the alpine's cornering abilities to pull away. I quite enjoy this track so it was nice to just get my head down and drive it. Well done to Neil & Dmytro on their podiums, and thanks to Rupe, Thommo and Knut for running the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back