RDHCS S10 - Round 4 - 100km (21 Laps) - Motodrom Schottenring - Tue 9th April 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
schotten.jpg

All Corners Without Exception – The kerbs are not deemed as track, therefore 2 wheels must be within the white lines, on the tarmac, At All Times. Again, there are NO exceptions to this rule at any point on the circuit. Any exception to this rule is deemed illegal, any advantage gained by this method must be ceded immediately. Report people deliberately and excessively cutting. The worst offenders from previous seasons have not signed up, so I hope that this will be a non-issue this season.

Racing Room must be given to all driversand this works both ways. Divebombing into and across a corner denies people the chance to make the corner correctly just as much as someone obliviously (or deliberately) cutting the nose off of another driver who has achieved partial overlap fairly.
All points on the track – General Items
Drivers may put on their lights (and keep them on) during a timed qualification lap, so other drivers know to get out of the way when safe to do so.
No lights are to be used or flashed at any stage, under any circumstances, during the Race Session.
No Chat during the Quali or Race except by Race Control for information.
The Track must be re-entered safely so as not to ruin other peoples races.
Car damage must be assessed realistically to know if it is possible to make the pits or not.
Incidents, Investigations and Penalties
There were no Incident Reports, and everyone fulfilled their Attendance Satus correctly.
Please remember, the League staff will only review incidents if they are reported to them.
No report = no review.
Please try and remember the incident reporting guidelines: review, cool off, review again. Only after following the above process, and if you are convinced you still need to report it, should you let the League staff know. Please give as much information as possible during the report (time of incident, drivers involved etc.) Accident reports made within 24 hours of race completion will be ignored.
Any accusations or complaints aired in the Chat during or after a race will mean a penalty levied on the person complaining or making the accusations, even if a subsequent official complaint gets found in their favour. I simply will NOT tolerate any post race finger pointing.
Liveries
You have chosen your car and livery already, and you must only drive your chosen car at any time during an RDHCS event. Every driver has a unique livery in this season of RDHCS.
Reporting Attendance
I will be sending a PM with the round password to all Signed-Up drivers. I will also be running an “Attendance” post. If you are definitely driving, you need to “like” the post. If you are NOT driving (or if you are unsure of attendance) you must post a reply to say so. If there is no response, or if a response is posted after 2 hours before Event start time (ie 1800 London time) on race day, it will be treated as a "will attend" status, and any absence will be deemed a No-Show. 2 No-Shows will mean removal from the league.
Scoring System
Points are scored down to P25 (75% distance completion required) so people can fight for some points no matter where they are on the track, and hopefully have a season long battle with people around them in the League.
The Distribution is as follows for 100km events :
P01 – 30 pts
P02 - 27
P03 - 25
P04 - 23
P05 - 21
P06 - 20
P07 - 19
P08 - 18
P09 - 17
P10 - 16
P11 - 15
P12 - 14
P13 - 13
P14 - 12
P15 - 11
P16 - 10
P17 - 9
P18 - 8
P19 - 7
P20 - 6
P21 - 5
P22 - 4
P23 - 3
P24 - 2
P25 - 1
1 point for fastest race lap
1 point for qualifying on Pole

The general session info says that from round 5 the start of the event will be 19:00 GMT. But I think it should be from round 4.
We had 2 practice events, instead of 1 originally planned. Because of this all races where shifted 2 weeks
What do you think?

On the 8th of Oct. 1974 Karry said in a press release: "In Wiesbaden it is reckoned the
required road construction works should be completed by the end of 1978."
After his statements the costs for the constructions for an amount of 60000 visitors
and a time of clearance of 3,5 hours after an event would be 16 million D-Mark. This
includes the cost of roads already in new construction for the already planed bypass
of Schotten, so the financing of 1,4 million D-Mark by the "highway budget" has to be
negotiated with the minister for traffic. Also the the accompanying environmental
degradation by the usage of the track with seven big events each year was not expected to
exceed an acceptable level.
But just before Christmas the projects was dropped all in a sudden. Karry wrote to the
ADAC: the Hessian government is unable to have the 4,2 million Mark available, since the
ADAC is unable to ensure that the financing is save. It was looked for culprits for the
refusal, but what it came down to was: with the draw back of the Hessian government
the "Project Motodrom Schottenring" was dead.
The last sentence of the press item was: "Within this time it is not possible to
realise the Motodrom"
But what if the story was different? We asked ourself this question and came up with the
plan to should try to make a semi-fictional version of the track for GT-Legends, based up
on the old maps and models of the planed track.
Beside to drive the interesting layout it gave us the opportunity to try out stuff we
always wanted to see on a racetrack - and this time we had the artistic freedom to do so!
The Track, as we pictured it, was build in on the edge between old nature tracks and the
modern planed circuits. Curves where not made to be difficult, their difficulty derived
from the geography they where constructed in. Modifications of the ground should be
reduced to a minimum. This leads to some combinations that do not look very spectacular
on the first view, but to drive real fast laps, one has to find his very one line wich can
be completely different from the next drivers. There is not the one perfect line. On the
other hand offers quite modern safety features and state-of-the-art pit, maintenance and
event buildings. There are plenty of tribunes and they offer from roofed and easy
accessible seats to the famous nature tribunes, that where so popular. Every point on the
track is easy to reach for the spectators, despite of the site it is very open to the
public. Additionally the track has its own small airfield with grass runway, which offers
perfect supply for the race teams as-well as fastest medical care in case of emergency.
We hope all these thought we followed while creating the track are made realistic enough
and you have loads of fun with this half-fantasy track as it was one that existed for
real. This one should have existed for real!

So here it is. And what a lovely track it is.

As you exit the pits you cant help but notice all the VW camper vans its like a hippy convention
I felt at home straight away .
don't forget you turn right to get on the track as you exit pit lane you enter possibly the widest part of the track that does narrow as you reach the first corner so be careful very careful on the opening lap and subsequent laps please, every race we've had so far has produced a few drama's here. So pick you line and stick to it , please remember there maybe 2 or 3 cars on your inside or outside you cant go from far right to left on the first few laps there may not be room.. you have been warned..
Once you got round the first bend safely it a quick blast to a tightening left hander that ends up going right maybe the slowest corner on the track with a big gulley on the inside , (take it from me you don't want to end up down there).
Watch out for wheel spin on the exit as there is a wall to the left and a unforgiving barrier to the right. Its a sweeping left hander uphill all the way climbing as you go into a tricky breaking zone for a left hander 180 deg brake early to get the power on wheel spin slides it all happens in this corner, and a you go over a crest its hard on the brakes for the 180deg right hand bend don't overshoot and mark the wall it will hurt your car.
Your nearly at the highest point on the track now with a little blast to the last of the 180's the same again brake early an get the power on. be careful on the exit if your to the left on the track it has a nasty bump/ridge that can really mess up the lap.
Now its down hill all the way hopefully not your driving but the track. don't forget to hug the inside at the next right hander you don't want to run wide turn in and get the power on you have a nice run to the to the last big 180deg bend .. A word of caution Watch out for the run off to the left or you will end up with the fishes. (the only way back from this is a good run-up under water and back out on the same side of the track .. infact its the only way out )
As you approach the last big corner be aware that cars will close to the apex so no sitting on the inside of a rear wing, please give each other room at all times around the track. As you exit the corner its a long drag to the finish line as the track sweeps left, please watch out for the wall at pit entry.
i was treated to a LM55 car doing a lovely triple salko there a while back..
this will put a end to your race for sure.
As you cross the line you can let out a sigh and get ready for the next lap..
Enjoy the track and respect all drivers at all times and please remember cars will brake at different points going into corners and the corner speed will be different so give room and lets try to keep the collisions to a minimum

Please be very careful as you come towards the pits! The track kinks left there, and it's very easy to just catch the grass while trying to overtake. At high speed you cant get off the grass, so you end up going through the pits-and probably getting a S&G for speeding.
You have been warned!

The LOTUS S2 (my car) is not there when I try to get on the server - a Lotus Elan 26R (faster car) is there... very sad right now as I've been 'off' for a few days and arrived buzzing and full of motivation to get on the server, think I'm gonna cry !!! :( :cry: ;):)

Rupe Wilson - its there in the pack I just checked - you just need to reboot the server with the Lotus Elan deselected and the Lotus Elite Works (not the Lotus Elite) selected instead I think that will solve it.

i have a question, in my country, the daylight savings made our clocks go 1 hour forward a week ago (i'm on GMT, now GMT+1), was the race start already modified for the race to start at the same time, or will it only be changed for the next rounds?
sorry for be asking this but i always get confused with daylight savings :redface:

i have a question, in my country, the daylight savings made our clocks go 1 hour forward a week ago (i'm on GMT, now GMT+1), was the race start already modified for the race to start at the same time, or will it only be changed for the next rounds?
sorry for be asking this but i always get confused with daylight savings :redface:
Race starts at the same time for you, and almost everyone else.

EDIT: the Intro and Info post says different, but I guess it's just a matter of event dates not being updated. DST has started, so events should be starting at 19:00 GMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back