RDHCS - Merged Previous Season Admin Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Knut we've got a test day session planned where we rotate some non-season tracks and people can try out the 5 vehicles there.

You've always got the offline to pootle around in , but we will have a pre season shindig at some stage.

Never driven one in real life no, but love it in the game, and saw a rally kitted one at a motorshow when I was a very small boy - fell in love right there.

OK I've read enough. I'm asking my lovely assistant to clear my diary of anything on a Thursday. I don't think I have extensively driven any of the cars listed, so I'll have to have a few test runs and see which takes my fancy.

Yes Knut we've got a test day session planned where we rotate some of the season tracks and people can try out the 5 vehicles there.

You've always got the offline to pootle around in , but we will have a pre season shindig at some stage.

Never driven one in real life no, but love it in the game, and saw a rally kitted one at a motorshow when I was a very small boy - fell in love right there.

OK, good.

I had to have a go with the A110 around Magny Cours GP earlier. Was driving offline against the cars listed and it was a very even race:good: The Alpine is certainly a different kind of animal, but after some laps I started to learn the car. It was that much more rewarding to set a good lap after a lot of sliding and spins:) It is definitely the most entertaining car I have driven so far. Will have to check out the other options though...

It must be an awesome car to own. Looking forward to next COTM then?

Attachments

• a110.jpg
    a110.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 166
  • alpine.jpg
    alpine.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 158
I'm tossing up between the Mercedes and the Healey. I'd probably be more comfy in the Healey since it really nice to drive, but I've driven the Merc a couple of times and quite liked it. I'm leaning towards the Merc.

Besides, surely no one would hit someone driving something so expensive and rare, would they? :)

I'm tossing up between the Mercedes and the Healey. I'd probably be more comfy in the Healey since it really nice to drive, but I've driven the Merc a couple of times and quite liked it. I'm leaning towards the Merc.

Besides, surely no one would hit someone driving something so expensive and rare, would they? :)
Let alone tumble you over... Surely roofless cars are handled with extra care :D

Yoeri

Well I'm glad to see there's no one model standing out.

I was going to be a Alpine driver in the league, nailed on, absolutely certain. When I was catching the E-Types and Healeys at Glen Watkins, even with all those long straights, it was heaven.

But then in the testing, the other cars really grew on me.

I knew the Healey was fun to drive, as I said to Warren a few months before, but it's pretty quick (not the fastest for me, but that's another issue), and fairly forgiving (perhaps I'm not pushing it enough :D ) and it's got the whole Terry-Thomas/cad/bounder thing going on :good:

The Ferrari again was a pleasant surprise, once I realised how to turn it, again, it's quick and that sound is just magnificent.

The Merc is a less my cup of tea, but once you get it set up to be a bit easier to turn, that engine just has bucketloads of torque to get you onto the next straight.

And the Shelby, well that's a Hulk to the Mustangs Bruce Banner. I've said a few times, I didn't "get" the Mustang until recently, but to know it is to love it, and this is like "Mustang Plus".

I'm probably falling between the Alpine & the Healey stools at the moment, but there's still time for me to vacillate wildly between the options, as they're all so close.

For those of you who might not be sure of the facts and figures of the League cars.

Code:
                                    |   Weight   Power    Torque  Gears

Shelby GT350                        |   1330kg   351bhp   455NM   4 gears
Mercedes 300SL                      |   1166kg   250bhp   328NM   4 gears
Ferrrari 275GTB                     |   1160kg   310bhp   295NM   5 gears
Austin Healey 3000                  |    940kg   225bhp   320NM   4 gears
Renault Alpine A110                 |    700kg   150bhp   175NM   5 gears

Had the Ferrari and the Alpine out for a test at Hockenhiem at the weekend (Same track as the openning RDMCC event, so good practice) and I must say I like both of them, both different driving styles but very nice to drive, and the Ferrari sounds luuuuuverly :smile:

At the moment I've only tried those 3 on the that one track and there is a difference of 1.2 secs between the 3, of course that is all down to my driving, but yes mate that is a good even spread of motors as I'm sure those with a bit more experience will testify to. :good:

Had the Ferrari and the Alpine out for a test at Hockenhiem at the weekend (Same track as the openning RDMCC event, so good practice) and I must say I like both of them, both different driving styles but very nice to drive, and the Ferrari sounds luuuuuverly :smile:
Yeah, that engine noise is something else, isn't it?
Nothing beats the Shelby in this particular area. :in-love::flag:

I hope so because now I don't see the reason to choosing some cars while they are clearly slower than others

Instead of choosing directly car/track combo you can always set the rule driver have to use each car at least once so that option could produce mixed grids also and it is interesting tactically

In my opinion it is wrong to stick with one car while there are some many great ones in GTL

As opposed to the tactics of selecting which car of the 5 will be fastest for you over 8 very different tracks?

The point about these 5 cars is that there aren't really any that are demonstrably faster than the others across all track types, and they aren't particularly used very often.

A couple may be on the slower side on some types of track, but it's not night and day.

And having the different models will give mixed grids depending on track anyway.

Also, just picking the fastest cars is a bit, well, obvious.

A GT40/Pantera league may well be fun, but it limits the type of track you can run without the experience becoming frustrating.

These 5 ARE some of the great cars in GTL. Just beacuse they aren't the fastest in the game does not preclude good racing.

I didn't think about taking fastest cars from whole game, these 5 that has been selected are absolutely great but not very equal in terms of performance

So if we have these 5 cars and each one have to be used at least one by a driver it is interesting
it's better to try different cars instead of one, that's my point of view :)

OK - that makes a bit more sense to me now.

We'll consider that for future events / leagues.

This one will be the driver chooses a single car out of the 5 options and drives it for the entire league season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%