RDHCS - Media Thread

Yesterday was the day of trailer making, literally.
I hope that 8 hours of capturing, editing and experimenting with various clip was productive. :)
Clips in this trailer would be better if I had more time for capturing, though I think it's decent this way also.

Relax, take a deep breath, tune the volume up and enjoy. :musical-note:

Watch in HD if you can.

cheers!

P.S. Carlos, move this thread where it belongs (sticky). :)

Awesome stuff Stu. I found myself laughing outloud and enjoying the whole experience. The tightness of the Adelaide track really shows the action of the race. I feel much better already after my poor effort and am excited about trying to become a contender, lol.

I did stick this in the "got tips" section, but no front page :frown: Oh well

[video=youtube_share;tvNIugCDRaM]http://youtu.be/tvNIugCDRaM[/video]

Round one of season eight of the Historic Grand Prix series. Eighteen drivers, 5 different manufacturers.
The big Jaguar MkII, great acceleration, very fast, but heavy.
The TVR Grantura, very fast and light, but a fragile engine.
The Lotus Elite, light and agile, but be careful on the downshift or it will bite you.
The Fiat Abarth 1000TC, a tiny engine, but light as a feather, with a tendency to understerr
The Lancia Fulvia 1200HF, a front wheel drive car thats just a touch underpowered, but is very stable.
The test race had shown that these cars could be close, but would that still be the case with a much longer race?
Qualification showed that the cars were as close as could be. The first 12 places was covered by a time difference of one second, with all the manufacturers represented!
At the start Ross McGregor sat in the middle of turn 1, so although Dmytro Botnarenko had pulled alongside, he couldn't get past.
With no collisions at turn one, it wasn't until turn 4 that the first collision occured, with Tim Ling recovering to last position, and chasing the pack.
At the front, Ross McGregor pulled away, but behind him many hard fights were going on. Bob Hutchins was chasing Nils Norberg nose to tail for lap after lap.

By halfway through the race, things had settled down a little. Ross McGregor had a good lead and had started to lap the backmarkers. Dmytro Botnarenko was in second, and Krzysztof Babij was in third, with Bob Hutchins getting ever closer.
In the mid-field, Knut Tveito was chasing Jack Smith, with Jack doing all he could to stay in front.
Eventually Bob Hutchins grabbed third place after getting a good slipstream on the long straight, and there were no further position changes at the front.
1st place: Ross McGregor. 2nd place: Dmytro Botnarenko. 3rd place: Bob Hutchins
The next round will be held on the 1st November, at the Vayline International Raceway, a race track that is as twisty as a snake with stomach cramps. Sign-ups are still available, don't miss another round.

TBH, I thought it might be something like that. Just makes me more grateful for the care and attention you and Bob (and previously Carlos) give to our favourite sim. I was hoping the RaceRoom version of GT Legends might encourage more people to give it a try, but I guess the lack of "serious", ultra-competitive leagues means it's not big with the "in" crowd. It's not like you could get a league where the top 10 in qualie were within a second of each other, is it.

Oh, hang on...:cynical smiley:

I used Neils replay. My replays were disabled, as I had problems with micro-freezes, and it was suggested that it was the replays that were causing the issues http://www.racedepartment.com/gt-legends/64038-micro-freezes-gt-legends.html

After some more testing, I'm pretty sure it's the fastest lap replays that are causing my problems. I'll test online in the club race tomorrow to make sure. If the freezes still happen, I'll wait for the server replay

This is how my GTL looks like. I'm using enbseries plugin starting this season. It is compatible with XD as you can see on screenshots (I've included renamed dll file for XD).

The plugin is activated/deactivated with Shift+F12, and bloom effect with Shift+F9, in case you don't like it. :)

I can't imagine driving GTL without this plugin anymore, colors are more historic now, and environment is brighter with more contrast on shadows and dark areas, perfect. :)

http://www8.zippyshare.com/v/50968446/file.html

Copy all the files from the archive to GTL root folder.

I've also included screenshots without enbseries, easier to see the difference.

enb01-1.jpg

enb01-2.jpg

enb01-3.jpg

enb01-4.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%