Status
Not open for further replies.
My main point here being I don't get to choose my own car, one of the most appealing aspects of GT3 racing is the variety and brand identity available in the class, and if you remove the choice, for me you remove some of the interest. I don't expect anything from the simracing community, but I'm free to criticise. I don't want anything for nothing, don't put a strawman argument into my mouth. My other point is I already have GT3 cars, why should I pay for content I don't want when I could have just as easily not. I'm not having a go, this is not a personal attack, I just really don't see the justification for this.

I fully appreciate your right to criticise and have no issue with that, but the main argument in both of your posts is still "why should I pay for stuff". The reason I'm addressing it is because not having the content required is a bar to entering any league that RD runs, not just this one. If you don't have the sim you need, you need to buy it. If you don't have the tracks you need, you need to buy them. If you don't have the cars you need, you need to buy those too. So singling out the possible purchase of a single car for this particular league is a bit of a silly argument, especially when for most leagues you'd need a whole DLC for far greater cost.

Other than that, I understand you don't want to end up in a car you don't like and that's fine. I'm sorry we can't please everyone on this occasion.

Honestly, I think RD is taking some indirect flak from S3's business model with this sim. What annoys me (and others who are mad at RD's decisions for the league, I'm sure), is the fact that even after spending 50-60$ on tracks and cars for a "free" sim we might have to spend more money just to participate when we might already have 2-3 perfectly good cars from the class. For me, it is especially annoying to be forced to spend 3-4$ on the Ford GT to use it only once, as I don't really have an interest to use it again.

And of course not to mention the fact that people like certain cars in particulars, but that topic has been debated enough already.

Based on the time gap between the league announcement date and the actual posting of the details and rules, correct me if I'm wrong but I assume the latest has been the subject of quite a lot of disagreement among the admins (again, this is only an assumption), so I think some people are also just a bit crossed at some of the hostility coming from some responses, especially if I'm right and the admins disagreed as well. Perhaps a bit more transparency from the admins would have been better. Just a thought, take it for what it's worth :p

Based on the time gap between the league announcement date and the actual posting of the details and rules, correct me if I'm wrong but I assume the latest has been the subject of quite a lot of disagreement among the admins (again, this is only an assumption), so I think some people are also just a bit crossed at some of the hostility coming from some responses, especially if I'm right and the admins disagreed as well. Perhaps a bit more transparency from the admins would have been better. Just a thought, take it for what it's worth :p

I'm afraid you're assumption is incorrect. The subject was debated yes, and as a team we all agreed that this was the best way forwards for all the reasons we have already mentioned in this thread. I really don't understand how much more transparent we can be since we've already explained our reasoning on multiple occasions.

Just for reference, $3-$4 is roughly the cost of a cup of coffee and a muffin at a branded cafe. If someone can't save that amount over the next few weeks then I feel quite sorry for them.

Time to try out R3E no point buying all the stuff and not using it..
Remember that you can test drive any car in R3E however many times you like, though you're limited to RaceRoom Raceway circuit and five minute sessions at a time. And you can also "test" cars and tracks without any time restrictions in the free competitions (for example, there's currently a competition involving Group 5 Capri and Spa, which I'd definitely recommend).

Remember that you can test drive any car in R3E however many times you like, though you're limited to RaceRoom Raceway circuit and five minute sessions at a time. And you can also "test" cars and tracks without any time restrictions in the free competitions (for example, there's currently a competition involving Group 5 Capri and Spa, which I'd definitely recommend).

I think Rupe said he already has all the content Martin.

Is it possible to join the league, only having raced in the AC club events. I'm really interested in competetive racing and im sure i'll get hang of RRE with a bit of practice.

Sure thing @JoelK. As long as you are familiar with how we race online it's cool :thumbsup:

Best practice is of course done online in our R3E club for this series so don't hesitate to join a few races if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back