Status
Not open for further replies.
but people will always voice their thought's that's all
As long as it's in a mature way that is perfectly fine, however like I said we aren't going to make any changes to the format as it has been carved in stone for season 7. This is what we are offering: a very challenging series, with four great tracks and an awesome field of diverse cars.

Then perhaps they should practice more? In a sim with so many cars why do people limit themselves to cars they instantly feel comfy in and ignore all the others? You learn nothing as a driver if you stay in your comfort zone. There's over a month until the first RDGTC race, which is a lot of practice time.
Yes there are loads of cars to pick but this being my first year in sim racing i found it to my benifit to focus on a few cars (one in each class i liked basically) and make them my bitch (excuse my French), spreading my attention too wide didnt allow me to give each the attention it required to get the best out of it and me. Hell, i been driving the Bentley since April and still learning about the car. Those that apply can start practice now but practicing without knowing the car you're driving kinda makes practicing now pointless as the GT3 class has over ten available cars for the league. The real practice starts 2 weeks from pre-qual when assigned your car.

Still like RD and what it offers, you and Kenny put up good club events and we all appreciate the effort put it. Wishing you all a good champ just saddened i wont be joining.

"During an exciting pre-qualification event a decision will be made who drives in which exotic GT3 car from the GTR 3 Pack."

Can I ask how this decision is made please? Sorry if I missed the explanation previously. Is it randomly picked out of a hat?

Have you considered letting everyone pick a car but when someone has chosen a car, someone else may not pick the same one? This way there will still be the diverse grid you want, but also give the drivers the opportunity to use a car they like.

Have you considered letting everyone pick a car but when someone has chosen a car
Yes and this will result in the staff getting flooded with messages in the coming weeks arranging a huge puzzle of cars as not everybody can drive the same car. In the end a large parts of the people will have to drive their 2nd or 3rd choice and we'll be having the same discussion as we do now.

We have discussed also the option to let the fastest or the slowest driver in the PreQ make the first choice to run what car but that also can't be arranged as that would require us to send out 60 or more private messages, wait days for response (not to mention the discussions) etc. This awesome game is being heavily limited because of the lack of custom car skins but we knew that up front. We have to work with what we have.

To avoid all this we have opted to the current car distribution plan.

Can anyone tell me what time of day this will all start ? Every other Sunday I will be taking my lad home to his mums and I wouldn't get back to pc till around 745pm

I appreciate the fact that this might not impact the club races as bad I first thought but could you please explain why the decision was made to go to a Sunday for this league.
@Whiskeyjack, it was necessary due to staff availability and the other leagues which are currently underway and running on Saturdays. Dates are limited because the league needs to be done and dusted before the start of the holiday season.

Before any calls me out as whiner...
Don't worry, I wouldn't do that. Your points are just as valid as mine and I genuinely understand your point of view. :) We knew the decisions made would generate a certain amount of discussion and potential unhappiness for some, but as Bram said above we are just working with what we have.

Are there 5 racing club events between now and the opening of the league? :p

Haha... across all clubs there will probably be about 500! In the R3E club alone there will be around 25 or more. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 232 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 161 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 118 7.5%