Status
Not open for further replies.
I am HYPED.
hyped_by_pikachumaster-d9rs6lm.gif

I thought I should have a go at Norschleife as it is in table.... I HATE IT I HATE I HATE IT!!!
There is nothing in it that will aver make it forgiven and the mountain it been built on should be leveled and pulverized!

Whoever architect that designed the road... was an evil genious and most certainly a sadist.
The roadworker who made the road, adding more bump and kinks than needed must have had a twisted mind and was without any doubt a sadist.
Then the moron who thought the road designed by a evil the genious and built buy a properly insane roadworker, there is no words describing the evil that must lurk inside his or her head!!!:mad:

It is evil! What looks like a short straight turn quickly into an unforseen corner which can change to any direction! I can see the road bending right while I like UFO is flying in the opposite direction.
And one is never safe even if you have the right gear and speed, the architect, builder and race steward have thought of that aswell and put some carefully placed bumps and kinks in what seems to be a random pattern. So if on throttle ever so slightly wheelspin is inevitable, if on brakes it locks up.. in both cases i will bump around and spin like a hippo trying to do Swanlake in the Bolsjoij Balet. There is no grace in that what so ever.:(

And each lap takes about ten minutes, I forget what to shop in five when in the store. Each lap feels like a new one, which is good for sightseeing purposes I suppose but but no so much when I start to wonder if I should stay in fifth gear or if now would be a good time to be in second??? More jumping and bumping... more ungraceful Swanlake.

I feel with the crew who will have to take care of what ever will be left of the car

I thought I should have a go at Norschleife as it is in table.... I HATE IT I HATE I HATE IT!!!
There is nothing in it that will aver make it forgiven and the mountain it been built on should be leveled and pulverized!

Whoever architect that designed the road... was an evil genious and most certainly a sadist.
The roadworker who made the road, adding more bump and kinks than needed must have had a twisted mind and was without any doubt a sadist.
Then the moron who thought the road designed by a evil the genious and built buy a properly insane roadworker, there is no words describing the evil that must lurk inside his or her head!!!:mad:

It is evil! What looks like a short straight turn quickly into an unforseen corner which can change to any direction! I can see the road bending right while I like UFO is flying in the opposite direction.
And one is never safe even if you have the right gear and speed, the architect, builder and race steward have thought of that aswell and put some carefully placed bumps and kinks in what seems to be a random pattern. So if on throttle ever so slightly wheelspin is inevitable, if on brakes it locks up.. in both cases i will bump around and spin like a hippo trying to do Swanlake in the Bolsjoij Balet. There is no grace in that what so ever.:(

And each lap takes about ten minutes, I forget what to shop in five when in the store. Each lap feels like a new one, which is good for sightseeing purposes I suppose but but no so much when I start to wonder if I should stay in fifth gear or if now would be a good time to be in second??? More jumping and bumping... more ungraceful Swanlake.

I feel with the crew who will have to take care of what ever will be left of the car

On top of that it's also incredibly satisfying once you do more laps and finally get familiar with the track (yes or takes s*** loads of time and still doesn't guarantee you won't crash). There's no other place like Nords, it's just not possible to not love it.

it's just not possible to not love it.
Oh, it most certainly is possible not to love it.
I'm living proof of it. :D

Although it's not quite that bad. :roflmao:
Couple of tips; Yes, the Nords is bumpy as hell, so you may want to soften the dampers a bit to get something that is somewhat more forgiving.
Next, in the beginning don't even try to memorize each corner, just assume that every corner is a 3rd gear corner. After a while you'll start to memorize the ones that AREN'T, which is much easier.
Finally, it'll take time. It's a big-ass track, there's just no arguing that fact.
The damn thing is 4 times longer than Spa, with 6 times as many corners.
So a fair bit of patience is needed.

But if you're up for it, and assuming we can talk one of our illustrious staffers into setting up a server, I'll be happy to take you out on a few practice-runs.
Don't get me wrong, I don't know it particularly well, nor am I especially fast on it.
But I can drive it without crashing. :D
Just send me a PM if you're interested, and we'll find a time that suits us both.

Oh, it most certainly is possible not to love it.
I'm living proof of it. :D

Although it's not quite that bad. :roflmao:
Couple of tips; Yes, the Nords is bumpy as hell, so you may want to soften the dampers a bit to get something that is somewhat more forgiving.
Next, in the beginning don't even try to memorize each corner, just assume that every corner is a 3rd gear corner. After a while you'll start to memorize the ones that AREN'T, which is much easier.
Finally, it'll take time. It's a big-ass track, there's just no arguing that fact.
The damn thing is 4 times longer than Spa, with 6 times as many corners.
So a fair bit of patience is needed.

But if you're up for it, and assuming we can talk one of our illustrious staffers into setting up a server, I'll be happy to take you out on a few practice-runs.
Don't get me wrong, I don't know it particularly well, nor am I especially fast on it.
But I can drive it without crashing. :D
Just send me a PM if you're interested, and we'll find a time that suits us both.

Sounds like a plan as after thursday's GT3 I kind if decided to try the league. Still have to decide what car to choose, I found the Audi R8 pretty nice to drive however it gave me some suprises when changing directions quickly. And I only drove the hell with default settings so will soften it up some, I will give it some more runs too offline. I will get back to you soon. :)

Sounds like a plan as after thursday's GT3 I kind if decided to try the league. Still have to decide what car to choose, I found the Audi R8 pretty nice to drive however it gave me some suprises when changing directions quickly. And I only drove the hell with default settings so will soften it up some, I will give it some more runs too offline. I will get back to you soon. :)
Try the BMW Z4. It's more nimble than the rest of the lot, so it's easier to get out of trouble.
Doesn't have the sheer power of some of the competitors, but I'm assuming you're like me, and mainly want to join the league for the experience, not necessarily to race for podiums. :)

I found the Alpina to be a nice drive too, easier than most. I love the RUF because it's the closest we have to a Porsche right now, but it's a pig. Don't think I'll choose it for the championship.

We need to see some picture from your studion while commentating!
Once I resetup my commentary booth (aka: my bedroom :roflmao:) over the next few days, I will be sure to let you guys see my actual setup, and will try to tweet as often as I can during the league race weekends about the races, including images of me streaming too. :thumbsup: I want to be professional as hell here, so I will do my research too :)

Try the BMW Z4. It's more nimble than the rest of the lot, so it's easier to get out of trouble.
Doesn't have the sheer power of some of the competitors, but I'm assuming you're like me, and mainly want to join the league for the experience, not necessarily to race for podiums. :)
It is a really nice car to drive and very nimble, that's true. Aiming for podiums aren't on my scope, I will be there for fun and experience.
I will stay away from Bentley, M6, Camaro or Mustang, the first two felt like ocean liners and steering any of them felt like wiggeling a row boat hoping for the best :)

I found the Alpina to be a nice drive too, easier than most. I love the RUF because it's the closest we have to a Porsche right now, but it's a pig. Don't think I'll choose it for the championship.

I just wrote to @Lars Hansen that I found M6 to feel like an ocean liner but oddly enough I to found the B6 nice. Can't explain why I feel like that. I tried the Ruf quite some laps before I chose the R8 this thursday, I found it quite nice on Mid Ohio track. :)

Once I resetup my commentary booth (aka: my bedroom :roflmao:) over the next few days, I will be sure to let you guys see my actual setup, and will try to tweet as often as I can during the league race weekends about the races, including images of me streaming too. :thumbsup: I want to be professional as hell here, so I will do my research too :)
As much as I love your commentating, but please don't work yourself to pieces to make the rest of us happy.
Make sure you still enjoy it, it much of your enjoyment that makes the strearm such a pleasure! :thumbsup:

I took the Z4 and softened the suspension 2 clicks both front and rear and went out cruising. It was way easier to manage than the R8 with default settings. As I was following your advice and just cruised around I could actually enjoy the surroundings a bit. It must be amazing to drive there with VR with all the bends and elevation changes.
But it does takes a lot of effort to drive around so it is a good thing there is some time to any racing there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back