RD GT Championship 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
You get a team behind you and a league against you.... No ofcourse I'm not going to sign up with the threat of if for any reason I cant take part I get a HEAVY penalty. No, I wont sign up, yes I will actively encourage people not to, and yes that is 100000000% the WRONG way to run a league. You are dealing with people that are purchasing for the racing, and you basically are turning round to them are going "yeah you have paid but hey we have your money now so we can do whatever we want HAHAHAHAHA"
Lewis, you don't have to be present all 6 rounds. Your team needs to have at least 2 drivers in the grid. Whether it's you or Oscar, Oscar or someone else, or someone else #1 and someone else #2 (making examples here).

It's in the rules:

Driver lineup is free of choice and can be changed between the rounds.
If you're the manager you can make that choice.

But what Frank said :ninja:.

"It means you lose your premium membership plus you will be put on a list where we prevent you from joining any future leagues unless we see reason otherwise. And no, there is no refund."

That suggests otherwise buddy. Make up your mind. Make a decent rule set, don't blackmail people.
I am talking to you specifically as you seem to have a lot trouble with our decision making, which is fine to me, what you quoted is about the league and our requirement. Again if you don't agree, you don't have to sign up, which you won't as you stated, which is also completely fine. I am sure you got many other things to do other than get angry about a decision made for a league you won't be joining.

Lewis, you don't have to be present all 6 rounds. Your team needs to have at least 2 drivers in the grid. Whether it's you or Oscar, Oscar or someone else, or someone else #1 and someone else #2 (making examples here).

Yes but however if I only find out when like for example I'm at work, and they need me to cover someone elses shift, I cant go "Yeah you know what I cant cause I actually have to go home and play a video game" cause that doesnt cut it.... I then tell Oscar and he has an hour to find a driver, sometimes that isn't possible considering the paid content in AC required and getting all the files and making sure everything is right sometimes its not possible. And because I had to stay in work and despite trying really hard to try and find a replacement we are all removed and actually basically had money in someway stolen as you aren't filling out your side of what I signed. We would be treated like cheaters, like people that intentionally wreck people etc just cause 1 person couldnt show up????????? yup smart!

Also I like the club racing, the idea of doing a season in the GT's in AC still appealed to me, the stupidity of that rule is an absolute joke.

Sorry man, you got away games in the night? Maybe you can find a team with more drivers so you can join a few? Remember, it is not the driver but the team who needs to compete in every race with 2 cars.
nah the football games are at 3 but finish at 5, ill never make it back in time to race :(, if they were home i could. Oh well, good luck to the participants :thumbsup:.

My team, DTK Racing, will drive Yellow and Black McLarens.
Interested maybe @kedy89, @Benutzername, @Timmieturner12, @Aidan Keranen or @Ricoow
I gave up sadly.

Need to save money for a proper wheel, otherwise its hopeless. Way too much effort to be mediocre at best. Had the chance to do some laps on a racetrack and it was soooooo much easier, natural and precise than with my horrible wheel which even makes a challenge to drive down a straight.

Once i have the money i'll invest it and happily will drive lots of things on RD :)

There are ways to have rules in a league that still penalise people for not showing up that dont dump a load of horse manure all over the place.
Again, if you don't like it, you don't sign up. When signing up for the league you agree on the rules, otherwise you don't and there is no discussion needed. Other ways of penalizing didn't work for us.

I was planning on being a reserve driver for this league for teams who are in a pickle and might need someone to fill in. (My PC can't deal with Brands Hatch in AC so I can't run the full season anyway.) .

Does that means though that if any team I might have driven just one race for doesn't show up to a round with two drivers I get banned from racing here for a full year?

Edit: Not trying to fuel the flames or anything, but I want to know because it will obviously influence my decision.

Last edited:
I will be available as a driver on a per-race basis for teams who want to fill in gaps in their driver lineup although I would not at all be opposed to the idea of running more than one race for one team.

My PC can't deal with Brands Hatch in AC so I am not available for that race. I will also have to do some testing pertaining to this in Spielberg and Spa. I will definitely be available for Monza, the Nürburgring and Silverstone though.

If you are interested, drop me a PM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years