RD GT Championship 2010 II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys,
my monitor die yesterday, try all what i can but nothing work, he ws flashing since some days but when he come hot there was no prob, but yeterday he stay flashing to this morning, then i decide to go see for a other one. big thx to mym mom who help me to buy a new one.

really sad to miss the LAST race, made a lot of practice and like the track.
hope you had fun and good results all(dont read all the post yet).
saw now that i still 1st in championship, not 100% happy cause its only by luck that i won this one :s
big thx to organisation, Ivo, Remco and RD!!!
cu on track guys ;)

As guys may have noticed, this is probably THE hardest mod to setup and manage tyres for in rFactor.

It has always been the case with NAGT - in my opinion they get it almost spot on, but of course it does take it too far for more casual racers - but it's an ideal mod for aliens who know how to set their car up.

So whether that is a good thing or not is open to debate.

As guys may have noticed, this is probably THE hardest mod to setup and manage tyres for in rFactor.

It has always been the case with NAGT - in my opinion they get it almost spot on, but of course it does take it too far for more casual racers - but it's an ideal mod for aliens who know how to set their car up.

So whether that is a good thing or not is open to debate.

well while you are debating it the data shows that the race tyres in this mod have a higher heating ratio that most (if not all) other soft qualifying tyres from other rfactor mods i looked at as well as all the tyres in GTR2, the tyres in this mod are also unique in the fact that the drop in grip for a tyre being above temp is more than double that of a cold tyre, so with such a huge drop in grip for a tyre that is hot then it is near impossible to get the setup just right when the tyre tempature can change 30 to 40 degree on some parts of the track.
So have they got it right in breaking the mould by making a hot tyre have a lot less grip than a cold one? well i doubt it.

But yes some of the races were fun, just the practice sucked.

They are very special tyres like in the real life series. They arent the usual slick tyres but they are more street tyres with a special compound thats why they are called heat cycles. :) I loved when you took care of them they rewarded you and you could keep the same pace all the race. Lots of times i did my pb in the last laps. Even Matthias i believed did the fastest lap yesterday 6 laps before the end. I loved the tactical approach of it. Do i push it in the beginning, middle or end of the race.
But maybe with the Skyline the overheating was to much. I never had it in my other league. But i read here some other opinions. So truly noted for the future. :)

Raced this mod at another league too. Had the same experience with some loving it and some detesting it.

I think it is a great mod. One of few that i've driven a bit where one's laptimes improves all the time as the fuel load lightens. Never had a problem that a tyre went pop before a full tank runs dry either. The rwd cars at least. Done very little driving with the AWD's though, so that may be a bit different.

These Skyline discussions make me interested. I have to solve my CSP probs, so I can do some test laps with the Skyline, too. I cannot remember having such tire temp trouble during my preseason tests for the car choice. But I did only very few laps, so that's not representative.

About the Caddy I can say, I had never tire troubles. Either with temps or wear, it was always ok. But I know, even Greg was often wandering about my lower tire temps when we did some training together. But I cannot say how I got them, as I did nothing different than for other mods. Maybe it's the car, or the driving style or the general way I setup the car. My temps where always around 110 at the front and 105 at the rear. Seldom, I got short high peeks up to 116 at the front in a corner. And that was quite perfect for me as the car felt best with tire temps between 100 and 110 degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 305 27.7%