RD GT Championship 2010 I

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to always use it and I still always use it in gt simulations. However, I think hood is way more realistic since it offers you much more information to base your decisions on. If I compare the amount of square centimetres on my 17" non-flat screen in cockpit view (where up to 50% of the screen gives me no visuals I can base any decisions on since they are basically static) to the amount of square centimetres I'd have available if you'd put a pane through areal car about 60cm from my face, the result is not "realistic" at all. So in Richard Burns Rally, where every bit of visual and tactile information counts, I put the FFB up high and play in hood view. That said, I am so much used to cockpit view because I used to do it exclusively for many years, don't care about forced or unforced. The "realsim" bit, though, needs to be discussed realistically: Unless you have three big screens and a tracking system, hood is more true to the amount of information your brain would have at its dispospal in a real car.

I'm not a fan of cockpit view as I loose my sense of players around me and I have to calculate where they are (sometimes good calculation and sometimes really bad one, especially guys in front of me).
but on the other side it did give me time to get accustomed with trying to go fast in a view that i normally don't use.
I'm not saying that I like it, but I'm also not saying that I don't like it :) (i'm a person who takes the situation as it is and just accept it, but if it gets a bit extreme/hardcore, then you will hear me complain :))

it was great fun in short seasons like this or racing with guys i do trust, but not for longer race calenders where it gets a bit more serious :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 60 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%