• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

RDGPC Season 6 | General Discussion

Discussion in 'RD GP Championship' started by Joseph Wright, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Dan ONeill

Dan ONeill
    Premium

Ratings:
    +156
    @Joseph Wright
    Please could you clarify for me amendment 1.2 where you state upon calling "VSC is active" the pit limiter must be on.
    Does this mean we don't have to brake hard to get down to pit limiter SPEED, just apply the limited and this will slow the car?
    Because I was braking to get to the limiter speed in the practice race and that may have caused incidents if someone was behind and just applied the limiter.
    Cheers

2. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright
    Lead Commentator Staff

Ratings:
    +1,498
    You need to be at pit limiter speed by the end of the countdown. How you get there is up to you. Although it may be adjusted with this information. I will think about it and will let you know :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tero Dahlberg

Tero Dahlberg
    Ajira Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +306
    Completely forgot this after Interlagos but I saw people getting penalties for exceeding allocated laps in qualy. But I cannot find where that limit is stated or that there even is one.

4. Joeks

Joeks
    Premium

Ratings:
    +99
    That was a fantastic first race at RDGPC!!:D Huge Thnx to the orginasation, and to the Tech-3 team for setting up the car, as it drove exceptionaly well!!..I think I did well as a 1st season rookie at Tech-3, managing 15th place..;)

Very well balanced setup I must say, managing keeping up a good and consistant pace, so I could drive the tyres to its very limits.. Managed to keep 12% of the tyres left, as we were on a 1 stop strategie..Fortunately, the cornering grip of the car was phenomanal(thnx Carlos!) :thumbsup:

unfortunately the car still needs some tweaking at the performance:thumbsdown:, and I hope we can improve the peformance for next saison, so we can draw the attention of larger sponsors, as the race is broadcasted live:rolleyes:..It's a though world to as it coms to be fast, at the front of the pack..

We're still in the first steps to compete with the more astablished teams with the fancy sponsors and liveries on the car:O_o:, wich looks very good on Youtube of coarse ;) ..would be a dream come true to have the budged to klimb up into the top 10..But with the right software it's easy to detect wich are the better teams, and so we can learn and duplicate , because we'd like to be in their mirrors next year..:)

So without this Inflated opinion about ourselfs, think we could use a inflated turbo-booster :p lol..Hope the devellopment-team at Tech-3 Motorsport can diliver a huge leap foreward at the car for next year, but, considering the reasenable new comming Tech-3 Team drivers line-up and sponsors..Pretty darn good!! Gratz! :thumbsup:

Appologies to Theo for that technical issue on the car..seems like the anker dangeled out, creating some unwanted drag at the cars software:rolleyes:..we'll fix that asap..

Secial thnx to our team- principal Joseph Wright, and to the rest of the team for keeping up appearences..this venue wouldn't be possible without you..stunning performence!! Thx!:D
    All in all a really enyojable race, And last, but not least, Gratz to the Winners!!:whistling:.. see ya'all at the 2nd round..

Yours sincerely, Jeremy Mook (1st season Rookie at RDGPC)

Bye! ;)

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Frans van der Linden

Frans van der Linden
    White Knockels Simracing Premium

Ratings:
    +131
    dont know what is wrong with me or my setup.
    Couldn't get a decent lap in practice or qualify.. :(
    I resigned from the race after my car coulnd't produce any top speed anymore (-40 km) :devilish:
    Here my (20 laps) report.

EDIT: day after the race i found out that my breakpedal was not fully released after a hard break, avoiding mr le Gallez.
    It got stucked at 20% breaking, that explains the lack of top speed .. grrrrrr again!

Watch in HD and still hope you "like" it

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,246
    Racing League Regulation 6.1

When a driver takes a shorter, off-track, route through a corner, the move is considered as cutting. Cutting is forbidden at all times. When a driver is reported cutting he risks a penalty. When a driver takes a longer, off-track, route, around the corner, it is also considered cutting.

7. Steve Le Gallez

Steve Le Gallez
    Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +659
    Well said, Jeremy, cracking race, I screwed up but my son did really well, & @Joseph Wright well done mate to you & your team, great call with the FCY, a tricky situation for any Race Director, but you made the call as you saw fit, nice one mate :)
    Looking forward to the next one :) :)

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Tero Dahlberg

Tero Dahlberg
    Ajira Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +306
    Uhm, replied to the wrong post? I was asking about allocated laps in qualy :)

• Love Love x 1
  9. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,246
    Haha:redface:

I skimmed through the post, read "penalties" and "limits". And well, after tonights race I just assumed what the post was about. My mistake!:x3:

• Haha Haha x 2
  10. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright
    Lead Commentator Staff

Ratings:
    +1,498
    This was for the Pre-Season qualifier where 12 laps were allocated. You have unlimited laps in the qualifying events for the races :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Manos Papangleou

Manos Papangleou
    Premium

Ratings:
    +47
    Hellenic Racing Association (HRT) is looking for a driver for only round 3 Adelaide , taking the seat of the car NO.12 (Manos Papangelou). There will be only one seat available so there will be a picking process . The only thing you have to do is private message me with a screenshot with at least 10 timed laps around the track (with the times "right click on your name"). The driver with the fastest average time of the last 10 laps (if you did more than 10, not suggested its better to start with fresh tires) will win the seat! The deadline ends 10th of December , one week before the race!
    Good Luck!

12. David Jundt

David Jundt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +353
    Just asking, but are there no news articles regarding RDGPC?:(

I think I didn't even see a livestream announcement for Goiana?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright
    Lead Commentator Staff

Ratings:
    +1,498
  14. David Jundt

David Jundt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +353
    Sounds like a no, but I'd be kinda intrigued as to why:p

RDLMS and RDGTC for example got their "fame":)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright
    Lead Commentator Staff

Ratings:
    +1,498
    Its just not been a big focus on my end, but I will try to push @Paul Jeffrey into writing something up for us :)

• Like Like x 4
  16. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +12,831
    Who, what, where? :D

Yeah no worries, drop me a PM mr W with the requirements :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  17. CMGARAGE

CMGARAGE
    Premium

Ratings:
    +267
    I've rustled you up a draft template:

:p

• Haha Haha x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright
    Lead Commentator Staff

Ratings:
    +1,498
  19. CMGARAGE

CMGARAGE
    Premium

Ratings:
    +267
    Thanks for the update Joseph. :)

I hope everyone has an enjoyable Christmas break and comes back re-energised.

It's been great going up against some of the best talents AMS has to offer (even if that means I finish 3 laps down on the leader!).

:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  20. ASTE/ Gorace

ASTE/ Gorace
    steam : ASTE Premium

Ratings:
    +36
    hello gentlemen pilots!!!!!!, Soon the fourth round, for that, you have to be fit, so I wish you a happy new year and good health at all and long life racedepartment.:thumbsup:
    Olivier Louis:)

• Beer Beer x 3
    • Love Love x 1