RD GP Championship 2017 I

Status
Not open for further replies.
33TDR.jpg

I don't have a fantasy of my own. Anyone hazard a guess at my inspiration? :)

@Lorenzo Bonder I have a couple general questions if you don't mind.

-I assume no abs/traction or stability, but I assume auto clutch is acceptable?

-Are we using the different RD rules for passing on both road and ovals? Or because these are open wheel cars are we using the same road course overlap rules on the ovals as well?

League rules 6.3B
"B) A driver can only attempt a pass when there is room for it and when the chance is reasonably high that it becomes successful without heavy contact. On road courses this means that the overtaking car must be able to get a significant overlap** with the defending car before they get to the point of turn-in for a corner. On ovals any bit of overlap is enough to claim space.
** "Significant overlap" is defined as the attacking car having any portion of it's front wheels in-line with any portion of the defending car's rear wheels. Any less than this, and the defending car will not be obliged to leave room."

-Do these cars have a working in car weight jacker?

-Also I am new with rf2, what type of real road settings will we use? Just whatever default is with the natural or dynamic setting?

-Will everything be on regular 1x settings? Tire, fuel, time of day?
-Will there be any night or rain races? (I hope not, my computer won't like it! :) )
-2 qualifying hotlaps, correct?
-Since teamspeak is mandatory, I assume random chatting is not allowed? (great in the club races, but may not be as fun in a league race)

Sorry for all the questions, but I appreciate it!
thanks,
Ryan

-I assume no abs/traction or stability, but I assume auto clutch is acceptable?
Precisely.

-Are we using the different RD rules for passing on both road and ovals? Or because these are open wheel cars are we using the same road course overlap rules on the ovals as well?
Originally oval racing works differently from our traditional road races, but in essence, if you have an overlap and can takeover, you can make the move, it's up to the adversary leave room or attempt something stupid. If you guys are side by side on curves, you have to work driver spacing in order to avoid crashing, maintain speed and hope you can come out in front.

-Do these cars have a working in car weight jacker?
I believe so. I have to check it out to be certain, but as far as I know, rF2 don't simulate such thing.

-Also I am new with rf2, what type of real road settings will we use? Just whatever default is with the natural or dynamic setting?
We'll use the real road settings, but we'll try to place a track with a good amount of rubber initially and then the build up is entirely up to you drivers.

-Will everything be on regular 1x settings? Tire, fuel, time of day?
All regular.

-Will there be any night or rain races? (I hope not, my computer won't like it! :) )
No night races, I don't plan using rain races as well, even though they race IRL rain races

-2 qualifying hotlaps, correct?
Yes, 1 out lap, 2 hot laps, 1 in lap (just like iRacing :p)

-Since teamspeak is mandatory, I assume random chatting is not allowed? (great in the club races, but may not be as fun in a league race)
Yes, chatting mostly only in practice and last minute questions to the organizers

If you have more questions, fire them away :)

Everything I'll do it when I get home, but, really quickly there are some standards for the skin that I'll post it there. But in principal you can upload it to me, send it to me or upload it as a zip on the Custom Skin thread I'll put up soon, I already have the pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 354 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%