• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

RDGPC S6 | Round 1 | Hockenheim GP - November 4th

Discussion in 'RD GP Championship' started by Joseph Wright, May 21, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 04-11-17
  1. Tero Dahlberg

Tero Dahlberg
    Ajira Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +301
    I would like to say that many of us take this hobby of ours quite seriously. And in that light what we experienced in the race was fine and justified based on the things I listed. But at the same time you're taking this more seriously than anyone else it seems so... I'm confused :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Matt88

Matt88
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    I'm confused as well. Had a great clean race.

No I'm not going bother quite frankly Joseph. Your attitude has been consistently poor and the way you comminicate with members, not just me, is infuriating. We could pm, but I am done with RD and I start to see why there is negativity towards racedepartment generally in the sim racing community.

As I am banned for 6 months what can you do now anyway? Stop me posting. Feel free as this is my last post on RD.

3. PicoBp

PicoBp
    #26 | HSRC - Banzaaaiii Touring Car Crew Premium

Ratings:
    +481
    Cheers Joseph! :thumbsup:
    During the preseason there were many issues with server setup, restarts, bunch of people falling out the server, etc. It was hard to see clearly which one could have been the cause, and my instinct would have pointed to the restarts. But now it seems legit that there is something else in the background, as now all went as planned from an organization point of view.

Thanks for looking into this! If I can be of any help, feel free to drop me a PM. ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  4. David Jundt

David Jundt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +353
    1. I lost 3rd on the run to T1, but got it back right away, then took 2nd towards Parabolica. I didn't seem to be fast enough though and tried to follow Matt, but that's where my biggest strategy flaw occured: I clearly should've gone for 2 stops from the start as I was lapping 1 - 2 slower than before, thus giving Matt a nice gap to me before I noticed my mistake. One stop could've been possible, but that would have been too slow. I started to chase him down near the end, dropping my gap from 16s to under 3s, but it was too late.

2. Peter Lee kept joining my car. Did that have a purpose or was it a misplaced button command, that accidentally kept distracting me? Could you please refrain from that if it doesn't serve a purpose please, thank you.

3. The VSC was perfect for Ferdinand, thanks xD I actually slowed too early and gave Matt even more space:p

4. Speaking of Matt, looking into my rear view mirror after T1, seemed to run off a few times and was able to keep my slipstream towards Parabolica:sneaky: My pace dropped a bit as I was careful not to run wide anywhere because I wanted to avoid losing this result(even though my gap would've been big enough to serve it, but that's not how I roll).

5. Then again, nearly crashed running wide by accident at T1 when I was still 2nd I was still 2nd I believe. Would've crashed 9 out of 10 times:confused:

• Like Like x 1
  5. ARG1980

ARG1980
    Copenhagen APEX Premium

Ratings:
    +383
    The rule about being banned is a bit stupid in this case. If you don’t agree with RD you are banned. It’s not a possibility to withdraw your team, you are being taking as a hostage. Doesn’t make sense.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright
    Lead Commentator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,491
    No. Its a LEAGUE BAN that has always been in place. You can still race in club events, just not the leagues.

7. ARG1980

ARG1980
    Copenhagen APEX Premium

Ratings:
    +383
    You think that makes it any better?
    You don’t need to shout it - take it easy. I remember you asked Ferdinand to ask in a nicer way regarding the server and fixed setup - so please follow your own example.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright
    Lead Commentator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,491
    I put it in capital letters to make sure everyone understands that what it is. Again, this has been an RD rule for a long time so don't complain at me about it. You should know the rules and understand what you sign up for.

9. Craig Patteson

Craig Patteson
    Natural Born Racer Racer in Pyjamas Premium

Ratings:
    +663
    is it time for the next race yet haha

• Haha Haha x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  10. ARG1980

ARG1980
    Copenhagen APEX Premium

Ratings:
    +383
    I did not sign up for dictatorship. You know what, the more I think about it, the less I want to participate in this league as long you are at the end of the steeringwheel. I am withdrawing from this league. You have a bad attitude Joseph.

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  11. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,246
    @pjlee1998 I think you might have a "passenger" button mapped on a rather unfortunate button! :)

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,246
    First of all, people need to put personal differences aside when making arguments. Not only for the sake of keeping somewhat calm. But also because it does no good firing each other up. It also doesn't help anyones case when/if other staff-members read it. Yes tempers flare, and I've been in these situations myself. But this is also why it is advised to wait 24hrs before lodging a complain against other drivers. To give proper time to cool down.

I also would like to point out the general RD Racing League Regulations 6.1 when it comes to track limits. This does not mention any kind of F1-style advantage rule. We require drivers to stay on the track, and have done for many years.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. pjlee1998

pjlee1998
    Peter Lee Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +215
    Sorry about this David, probably when I pressed P - I have P for push to talk on TeamSpeak. If this affected anyone else, I apologise, but thanks for having me along for the ride! :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Haha Haha x 1
  14. David Jundt

David Jundt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +353
    No problem, I was wondering why you kept joining and leaving my car in qualifying aswell as the race:O_o:

15. Abbie

Abbie
    Turn 3 Motorsport Graphical Designer Premium

Ratings:
    +51
    • Like Like x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1