• Goodbye Dan Gurney, and thanks for the memories...
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Follow RaceDepartment also on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and / or YouTube.

RDGPC S6 | Pre-Season Test | Interlagos GP - October 21st

Discussion in 'RD GP Championship' started by Joseph Wright, May 19, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 21-10-17
  1. Dan Long

Dan Long
    RiP - #24 F3 in RDGPC Premium

Ratings:
    +118
    So, my thoughts on the test race: With only a small amount of testing, and no real prior online or competitive experience with Automobilista, I was really pleased with my personal performance. Qualifying was good, I goofed up a little, but the car felt strong and was almost 'there'. Race start procedure went great, personally preferred this to last seasons with the IndyCar, as a standing start makes more sense IMO especially with these cars. The majority of the running was clean, although I do feel that some people don't look in their mirrors enough, and/or rely on the spotter to tell them if they are clear when they are not. I not only witnessed these kinds of accidents on more than one occasion, but was also involved in one myself.

I do apologise for the tap in the rear which I gave someone towards the end of the lap before the 1st VSC, traction on the rears seem to be a big issue in these cars, and couldn't help getting a better run out of one of the hairpins and ended up tapping you round (I don't know exactly who it was).

Went for a 1 stopper, just to try the strategy, and really enjoyed carving my way through the field towards the second half of the race. VSC calls are a little short, however I do feel people need to be a little more wary, especially when following another car, that they may slam on the anchors at a given point, I do feel like some common ground needs to be found between us all to either agree on a longer time, or to not slam on the brakes as soon as it's called, as to cause an accident especially if someone is following closely.

Had a great battle with my teammate @Matt88 towards the end, and couldn't believe when the race was ended, it went so quick. Had a blast - thanks @Joseph Wright feels a lot better prepared than last season already! :)

• Love Love x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Frans van der Linden

Frans van der Linden
    White Knockels Simracing Premium

Ratings:
    +131
    Not a official race, but here is my report:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,246
    Just to add to the "2 of us, 30 of you" that Joseph were talking about, at that point one of us were busy looking at the T1 incident the lap before, and had just finished looking at that when we noticed that there was a new T1 situation.

There is one way to do it, but I'll come back to that if it is a possibility of using things like that :)

However, the two VSC's this race were to test out the system, and to see if all drivers used the speed limiter, knew about the rules etc. And it was also to show that we actually will penalize during the race if drivers don't follow the VSC.

• Like Like x 3
  4. David Jundt

David Jundt
    Premium

Ratings:
    +353
    @alexSchmurtz

Noticed Mark Breslin entered as MK Simsport, but he's actually my teammate at TMF;)

Due to something else, I started from the back of the grid, 30th place. Nearly had to start without FFB, but thanks to the session re-start, I could rejoin to get it back.

I had moved up to 9th place to somewhere after the halfway mark, but sadly went off and lost my RW, thus finished 24th in the end.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  5. Rodrigo Casaces

Rodrigo Casaces
    Premium

Ratings:
    +15
    Is there a chance to setup liveraces for spotters information?

• Like Like x 1
  6. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,470
    Thanks David! Sometimes I wonder how I let things like this go through: I was well aware Mark is with you (very strong line-up btw!). Maybe I was concentrating too much on getting your name right...:D

• Haha Haha x 2
  7. Gerdoner

Gerdoner
    Premium

Ratings:
    +96
    Gotta say, I was fearing for the worst when I had the same crash twice :/ Dunno what this was about, haven't changed anything and AMS was running stable for months for me. If anyone has a hunch what it could be, pls let me know (attached the error message below).

Thx for waiting for me, race was very enjoyable :)

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. ARG1980

ARG1980
    Copenhagen APEX Premium

Ratings:
    +383
    Have you tried over at Reiza’s official forum?
    By the way you where’re catching up on me on the last laps :)