• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

RDGPC S6 | Pre-Season Test | Interlagos GP - October 21st

Discussion in 'RD GP Championship' started by Joseph Wright, May 19, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 21-10-17
  1. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright
    Lead Commentator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,358
    Pre-Season.jpg
    Why are we running a Pre-Season?
    We need to ensure that we have got everything working perfectly, including formation laps, safety car periods, admin commands and also it gives you a chance to learn a few things about your competitors. So get on in there and push your hardest!

1200px-Circuit_Interlagos.svg.png
    Track Description
    Interlagos will be playing host to our Pre-Season test. The first time the drivers will be running next to each other during a race. This historic circuit has played host to the Formula 1 Grand Prix for the past three decades, alongside the World Endurance championship in recent years. Each one of our drivers will be pushing on around the 4.309km (2.677mi) circuit comparing their times with each other ready for the start of the season in a few weeks time.
    We will be running the Grand Prix layout without the final chicane, meaning our main overtaking locations are into the 'S' do Senna (turns 1 and 2), before flying down into the brakes for turn 4. The middle sector shall prove close racing, but overtaking being difficult for our drivers. Jancao (turn 13) will be the final braking point before slipstream will play a massive effect for the Formula 3 cars.
    Heading into this weekend, we shall see how the drivers stack up against each other in a racing situation.

Weekend Schedule
    • Practice - 18:00GMT (60 Minutes)
    • Qualifying - 19:00GMT (20 Minutes)
    • Warm Up - 19:20GMT (10 Minutes)
    • Race - 19:30GMT (45 Minutes Approx / 25 Laps)
    Stewards Notes
    • Please review the latest additions to the regulations before joining.
    • Please read and familiarize yourself with the Rules and Information beneath.
    • Please make sure your line-up is up to date. Communicate any changes in the Sign-Up thread. The current state of your line-up can be found there too.
    Important Rules and Information
    • No in-game chat is allowed apart from admins from the start of Practice.
    • You need to be in TS at all times from the start of Practice to the conclusion of your race.
    • No exiting pit lane before the green light is shown at the Start of Qualifying - any driver doing so will suffer a penalty.
    • Blocking is not allowed during Qualifying - if someone is overtaking you, do not alter your line to defend.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright

Ratings:
    +1,358
    Pre-Season is our next target!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright

Ratings:
    +1,358
    @Theo van den Brink has been taken off the reserve bench with the loss of a driver. Theo, the car is yours. Good luck this weekend :D

• Like Like x 4
  4. Dan Long

Dan Long
    RiP - #24 F3 in RDGPC Premium

Ratings:
    +111
    Where is the server? I can't seem to find it anywhere @Joseph Wright

5. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright

Ratings:
    +1,358
    We are trying to get it up. We are having some issues with the ports. @Davy Vandevenne is working on it though

• Like Like x 2
  6. ARG1980

ARG1980
    Copenhagen APEX Premium

Ratings:
    +380
    Is it going to be broadcast?

7. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright

Ratings:
    +1,358
    Tonights one will not, but every other round will be. As this is pre-season and not a points race, it doesnt seem to have much point in streaming it ;)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright

Ratings:
    +1,358
    RDGPC_S6_spotter_guide_r0.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
    • Wow Wow x 1
  9. Getu

Getu
    Push Rod Racing #11 - Blackā˜…Rock Shooter Premium

Ratings:
    +24
    JOSEEEEEEPH YOU WROTE "AINTOR" AGAIN

• Haha Haha x 1
  10. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright

Ratings:
    +1,358
    Don't moan at me. Moan at @alexSchmurtz he wrote it.... :notworthy:

• Sad Sad x 1
  11. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,347
    Well, it is just a copy/paste from the roster list...:D

Sorry @Getu I'll correct it for the next race. This one is a pre-race, we are just making sure everything is right before we start the real show...:whistling:

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. HClausing

HClausing

Ratings:
    +4
    #GoW3Race !!!

13. Tim O'Glock

Tim O'Glock
    Premium

Ratings:
    +171
    VSC countdown needs to be at least 5 seconds. It's not always possible to slow down safely within just 3 seconds.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. PicoBp

PicoBp
    #26 | HSRC - Banzaaaiii Touring Car Crew Premium

Ratings:
    +460
    @Joseph Wright, Can you please elaborate on the situations where a VSC is deployed? Is it a matter of an accident being noticed, or are there any specific scenarios that trigger it? Cheers

15. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright

Ratings:
    +1,358
    You have more than enough time with me announcing the VSC before the countdown

It will only be called if there is an incident that involves a number of cars and/or in a dangerous location on circuit.

It was called twice tonight for testing reasons only.

• Haha Haha x 1
  16. PicoBp

PicoBp

Ratings:
    +460
    There's a reason I asked actually. There was a spinner blocking T1 at around the quarter of the race which couldn't be seen until you were mid-turn. I couldn't avoid that and lost my front wing in the process, having to crawl a full lap at near pit limiter speeds. That probably would have qualified then.

17. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright

Ratings:
    +1,358
    You are right. But there are only 2 of us and 30 of you ;) We tried our hardest. :notworthy:

• Love Love x 1
  18. PicoBp

PicoBp

Ratings:
    +460
    Is there a chance for drivers to call in dangerous situations and help out with raising awareness? I mean like a quick chat button set up for a defined notification towards the stewards?

19. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado
    Talking Door Racing Premium

Ratings:
    +1,224
    Dude, there isn't a real life series that use a 3 second countdown. I understand it needs to be deployed as soon as there is an issue, but it needs to not cause issues as well. As soon as it is announced you can try banning overtaking and then start an at least 10 seconds countdown. Ideally it is 10 seconds including announcement in and countdown.

I hope it isn't changed in RDLMS to 3 seconds as well. That is almost a full braking as soon as it is announced when at full speeds.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright

Ratings:
    +1,358
    I shall have a look into it :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1