• "Bite off more than you can chew and then chew like hell." - Peter Brock
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RDGPC S5 | Round 4 | Silverstone - Saturday June 17th 2017

Discussion in 'RD GP Championship' started by Ole Marius Myrvold, Jun 11, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 17-06-17
  1. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,042
    [​IMG]
    Track Description
    For the fourth round of the season, we will be ending our European Tour in the RDGPC, with a visit to the classical Silverstone circuit. Not since the Champ Car series visited Brands Hatch a proper American Open-Wheeler car have been racing in the UK. A fairly fast circuit with some nice overtaking spots, and wide runoff areas, should lead to an exciting race and a nice end to the European Tour!

[​IMG]

Session Schedule
    • Practice: 17:45 GMT (1 hour)
    • Qualify 18:45 GMT (10 minutes or 4 laps, counting in and out lap)
    • Warm-up: 18:55 GMT (5 minutes, dedicated for resting and last minute info)
    • Race: 19:00 GMT (62 Laps)

Server Details
    Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GPC R4
    Password: Password In Private Conversation
    Track: Silverstone 2012 (Studio 397)
    Cars: Dallara DW12 IndyCar 2014 (Studio 397)

Live Timing - Click here
    Weather - Dry conditions

Stewards Notes
    • Please review the latest additions to the regulations before joining.
    • Please make sure your line-up is up to date. Communicate any changes in the Sign-Up thread. The current state of your line-up can be found there too.

Pit Entry
    (Image will be added later on)

Pit Exit
    (Image will be added later on)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,042
    Further Notes
    • Standings have been updated accordingly.
    • Server will be set up once the skinpack is finalized (Estimated Monday Evening GMT)
    • Please check the Stewards Notice Area for updates regarding the championship, penalties, rule changes etc.
    • Feedback, questions etc. you don't feel like asking in the forum for some reason, PM either @Ole Marius Myrvold or @Joseph Wright

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2017
  3. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,042
    Server is now up! :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Sherwin van der Sloot

Sherwin van der Sloot
    SimTech - RDLMS#3 - RDGPC#11 Premium

Ratings:
    +85
    It's race day! :D

Whilst the Prototype's and GTE's continue to lap at Le Mans, we take our DW12's for a tour around good ol' Silverstone. Here's hoping the racing in the 2nd half of the season will be as competitive as it was during the first :cool:

[​IMG]
    free image hosting

On a little side note, keep your eyes on @MattWright to make some moves on the longer straights as he clearly got a bit of a top speed advantage :laugh::p:roflmao:

• Haha Haha x 3
  5. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright
    Commentator - The Voice of RD Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +731
    Wow! @MattWright must have a rocket in his car! Bro, wheres the tips?? :O_o:

6. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,042
    Oh my this looks so "good" with me in the pacecar... :p

• Haha Haha x 2
  7. Era

Era
    Eneric Andre - Driving for Drillers Motorsport Premium

Ratings:
    +15
    Will be there, but sadly i dont have any livery. Is it ok if im taking a random one ?

8. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright

Ratings:
    +731
    @Ole Marius Myrvold are you able to send Eneric one of the blank liveries?
    Eneric, do you know how to import a custom skin into your game?

9. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,042
    Of course I am able to do that :) PM coming up shortly @Era

EDIT: Sent, with a "readme" on how to get it in the game as well :)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
    • Love Love x 2
  10. Era

Era
    Eneric Andre - Driving for Drillers Motorsport Premium

Ratings:
    +15
    Yep, thanks all !

• Love Love x 1
  11. Campbell Wallis

Campbell Wallis
    Premium

Ratings:
    +68
    What a waste of my time. Somewhere in the confusion behind the unexpected safety car I took a hit from behind, though the damage wasn't too bad so I continued. Adjusting to the change in handling dropped me back several places and then I got caught in a 50/50 into Becketts, crashed and couldn't be bothered continuing.

Continuing with that race was the wrong decision IMO, with several people taking damage and otherwise losing out in the confusion. I wouldn't mind so much but every race has had some kind of organisation problem, from the botched start at Barber, the hugely long caution at Road America and of course the mess at Lausitzring. I help run seasons on another site, I know that they involve a huge amount of work and that sometimes issues happen, but these are basic problems that shouldn't be happening and which don't happen nearly so often at other sites I've raced with.

I'm out of love with this season, which considering these are some of my favourite cars and tracks is really saying something. See you at Indy, probably.

12. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright

Ratings:
    +731
    The unexpected safety car was unexpected for everyone. It was unfortunate, but drivers learnt to dealt with it. We know that there have been issues this season, and it was a choice of stop the league abruptly or run it to the end. You can pull out of the league without any penalty if you choose to. We know this has not been a perfectly organised season which is why myself and @Ole Marius Myrvold have chosen to take on the league instead of stop it completely. I hope you appreciate that.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,042
    I can just second Joseph's post. My mind raced the moment I realized the yellow flag-SC happened. It was a frustrating start on the effort from me and Joseph when it comes to trying to save the league, and we are still confident that the season can be ended on a major high at Indianapolis!

EDIT: With that being said though. I am really sorry for the start confusion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Valrys

Valrys
    Premium

Ratings:
    +42
    That was one of the hardest races I've ever done. Don't think I've had a race this long in this heat and humidity. And then after I got up from my wheel I gashed my foot on my chair. Whoops!

I am going to have to go and have a long, long nap. Very happy to have won, didn't realise I had the pace for it, and wasn't sure my strategy would work. See you at Suzuka.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 2
  15. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright

Ratings:
    +731
    Well done Allie! That was an amazing run, and well done for winning!

16. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,042
    Neither was we in the commentary booth - it was amazing to watch you and Matt fight it out!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright

Ratings:
    +731
    unofficial round 4 v2.png

Here you go guys. Will be updated if penalties are applied. If there are no reports sent in by Monday evening, the official results will go up.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Daryl Russell

Daryl Russell
    Premium

Ratings:
    +58
    Sorry guys I didn't get chance to put down my absence for todays race. I thought I might be back in time after running around to two parties for my son to go today. I got back and race was almost run with 20 odd laps to go. Just as well really I had no setup for the track and no track time. All my times been focussed on Lemans so far. Hope to be in for Suzuka if not then Indy :D

19. Kresh

Kresh
    Premium

Ratings:
    +60
    sorry I missed the race today my GPU gave up on me, at first I thought its something else so I formated my PC and did everything I could, but it seems like my GPU is dead, sorry I couldn't inform you guys earlier I had no way to access my Internet, my phone Internet wasn't working.

20. Sherwin van der Sloot

Sherwin van der Sloot
    SimTech - RDLMS#3 - RDGPC#11 Premium

Ratings:
    +85
    That was one hard race, holy crap... I had an incredibly nervous car on lift-off and acceleration but couldn't figure out how to fix it. There were some great battle's in the opening stages and when I was behind Matt Le Gallez I decided to pit early and try the undercut. Stupidly though I made a (in hindsight almost hilarious) mistake about my fuel number, somehow thinking I used a full liter a lap less then I actually did! :O_o: . Worrying about how I was going to solve this, I lost some concentration, and together with my weird handling car, this resulted in some (half-)spins and other mistakes, one of which picking up a 1-second stop/go. I ended up making an extra stop for fuel, aiming to secure 5th. Then with about 3 laps to go I noticed Ryan in 4th making a stop, and I ended up around 5 seconds short of passing him... Still kicking myself for losing focus and trowing away potentially another 4th! :(:D

Well done to @Valrys for a great win, @Chark for 2nd and solidifying his great championship position and @Matt88 for 3rd!