• "Bite off more than you can chew and then chew like hell." - Peter Brock
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RDGPC S5 | Round 3 | Lausitzring - Saturday June 3rd 2017

Discussion in 'RD GP Championship' started by Lorenzo Bonder, May 25, 2017.

Added to Calendar: 03-06-17
  1. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    Wah wah. Premium

Ratings:
    +1,736
    Round_3b.jpg
    Track Description

The infamous track of CART. Most simply reason is the near-fatal accident with Alex Zanardi and Alex Tagliani. Story? During the final laps of the 2001 American Memorial race, Zanardi went for a late pitstop and upon rejoining the track his car spun "right in front" Patrick Carpentier's line. Luckily the Canadian driver managed to avoid Zanardi, but that can't be said for his fellow Italian driver, damaging the side and front of Zanardi's car. That resulted in the amputation of both Alex Zanardi's legs. Fortunately, he recovered and drove in WTCC and several other events and became also a Paralympic champion in cycling. Back to the track, this 2.023 m (3.256 km) tri-superspeedway resembles quite a lot the oval layout seen at Pocono Raceway. Top speed and acceleration matters here and also good turn in. And this is the double points race, so...yeah.

01_Superspeedway.jpg

Session Schedule
    • Practice: 17:45 (1 hour)
    • Qualify 18:45 (10 minutes or 4 laps, counting in and out lap)
    • Warm-up: 18:55 (5 minutes, dedicated for resting and last minute info)
    • Race: 19:00 (150 Laps = 300 mi)
    All times are posted in GMT. Daylight Saving Time changes occur before Round 1 for most countries. Find out when your DST changes!

Server Details
    Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM RDGPC R3
    Password: Click here
    Track: Lausitzring Oval
    Cars: Dallara DW12 IndyCar 2014 (ISI made)

Live Timing - click here

Weather - Dry conditions

Stewards Notes
    • Please review the latest additions to the regulations before joining.
    • Please make sure your line-up is up to date. Communicate any changes in the Sign-Up thread. The current state of your line-up can be found there too.

Pit Entry
    (Image will be added later on)
    Before Turn 3 join the apron on the inside part of the track and use the tarmac on the apron to approach the pits safely

Pit Exit
    (Image will be added later on)
    Exit the pits, use the apron until the end of Turn 1 and approach the tarmac after the apron. Rejoin safely as possible while remaining on the left side of the track and then moving outbounds safely..

Attached Files:

2. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    Wah wah. Premium

Ratings:
    +1,736
    Drivers have until next Wednesday to send me the skins for the updated skin pack!

3. Sherwin van der Sloot

Sherwin van der Sloot
    SimTech - RDLMS#3 - RDGPC#11 Premium

Ratings:
    +85
    Competing in a 24 hours of Le Mans race and running 150 laps at Lausitzring in the midst of it?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Haha Haha x 1
  4. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    Wah wah. Premium

Ratings:
    +1,736
    Having an Augusto Farfus complex there, Sloots?

5. Sherwin van der Sloot

Sherwin van der Sloot

Ratings:
    +85
    No.. :whistling:

• Haha Haha x 1
  6. Dan Long

Dan Long
    MK Simsport - #11 RDLMS LMP2, #24 IndyCar Premium

Ratings:
    +97
    What an earth has happened to the track!?

• Haha Haha x 1
  7. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright
    Commentator - The Voice of RD Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +731
    We believe there was an issue with the RealFeel track file when someone added in AIs onto the server. We have deleted this file, so the track is complete green until laps have been placed onto it. By qualifying, the track should be back to normal.

8. Daryl Russell

Daryl Russell
    Premium

Ratings:
    +58
    Umm that may of been me I added some last night to practice a race stint and see how car behaves drafting. Sorry

9. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    Wah wah. Premium

Ratings:
    +1,736
    It's all good, everything will come back to normal

10. Kresh

Kresh
    Premium

Ratings:
    +60
    There is a power outage in my region because of thunderstorm, I hope it will be fixed before the race:mad:.

11. Sherwin van der Sloot

Sherwin van der Sloot

Ratings:
    +85
    I want to offer my apologies to @Matt Le Gallez ( i believe it was you ) for making contact with you twice nearer to the closing stages. I wasn't particularly comfortable with my car, but i should have been more careful.

Also a thanks to (@Mike Davies and @Tobias Röhner for the advice regarding setup when I joined (to) late.

12. Campbell Wallis

Campbell Wallis
    Premium

Ratings:
    +68
    That was a bit of a farce. I get that oval racing is tricky but people were trying some pretty desperate moves out there and It's no surprise that it all went wrong as often as it did. I don't blame @Lorenzo Bonder or the track or even the game's safety car procedure, it would be hard enough for a human brain to work out that mess with so many cautions.

Anyway, I turned up a couple of hours before practice and after some trial and error I together a setup that was very slow but consistent. Then I didn't notice the session change over so my intended practice quali run was my actual quali run.

In the race, I just employed my usual oval strategy of trying to stay out of trouble. Fortunately, there was so little green running that I never got lapped and going into the final run to the flag I found myself in the lead (something that almost never happens, a nice surprise)! I got a bit swamped off the restart but someone crashed on the last lap to give me 6th.

13. Mike Davies

Mike Davies
    Racers In Pyjamas Premium

Ratings:
    +396
    only fun parts of the race for me

boy was that a waste of time.
    put in well over 20 hrs of practice, was frustrating to see so many people show up with what looked like no practice

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright
    Commentator - The Voice of RD Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +731
    Fun parts of the race for me:

• Haha Haha x 2
  15. Matt Le Gallez

Matt Le Gallez
    Premium

Ratings:
    +94
    Don't worry about it @Sherwin van der Sloot, i was having a solid race up until i had an issue with a stop go being issued under safety car. Podium could of been there for me today but it wasn't to be. 5th in the end could of been a lot worse. Let's hope that next round runs a bit smoother and we can get some real racing done!

Thanks to everyone that's putting work in to make the league happen, none of you could of helped the carnage that happened so regularly during the race.

16. Daryl Russell

Daryl Russell
    Premium

Ratings:
    +58
    Great save :D

17. Getu

Getu
    Push Rod Racing #17 - Black★Rock Shooter Premium

Ratings:
    +15
    @Lorenzo Bonder, it's not your fault, neither from the game. you can practise as much as you want, but in ovals your qualifying runs with 8 liters of fuel and no draft don't matter when it comes to racing. and let alone holding a position side by side.

the S&G when you overtook someone before the finish line after a green flag is supreme bullshit (you had to edit the rFm to fix that). But I managed to deal with it and serve TWO of them and be more careful in the restarts even though I always had better reaction time.

I had two incidents with @Dan Long and @Campbell Wallis too, sorry about that, but there's nothing I could do to avoid those crashes of yours. Speaking of which, there were too many yellow flags but, after watching the stream, there were fewer than expected. Again, you can edit the rFm to lower the safety car threshold and only have yellow flags in "big ones".

4th place for me that tastes like milk from an Indy500, after a 15th and a 12th.

Don't blame yourself, and more importantly, do not blame the game. Having a full course yellow system implemented today is a blessing, some sims don't have one in ****ing 2017 AD.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  18. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner
    Tony Binelli Premium

Ratings:
    +1,406
    Think we've all learned another lesson from yesterday about rF2's oval rules. I've already got a few pointers from some people on how to sort things out, so we might be able to run the Indy oval more smoothly than Homestead and Lausitzring.

19. Daryl Russell

Daryl Russell
    Premium

Ratings:
    +58
    Crazy race but a very eventful one. The rules only confused me once and i picked up a stop n go for passing a car before the line when it was called green. When under caution i did get a bit confused but with guidance from race director i got sorted. I had good pace here but was careful on the restarts hence i got caught napping and car finally broke away right at the end due to tires. Was good to see my team mate John Nelson at the top for a while and Jayme Brooks did well too despite struggling. Can i say stick with the ingame rules they do work just need a better understanding of them. Maybe a post to say what to do under yellows lucky dog etc etc.