1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RD vs. Last Christmas

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Tom, Nov 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

I've been on GTPlanet for quite some time and there's this funny game....so, as you surely know Wham!'s "Last Christmas" is playing literally everywhere during christmas time. Once the Christmas time begins, there is no escape because the song will be everywhere.

The rules are simple.

You win, if you "survive" 2012 (31th December 23.59.59 o'clock, your time zone) without hearing the song or any part of it. That is the only way to win.

You lose, if you get "whamed".

- Only the original "Last Christmas" by Wham" with George Michael singing counts. Covers (are there any?) do not count.
    - Any part of the song you hear, no matter how short, throws you out of the competition.
    - Only audio counts. Images, Animated GIFs or the official music video without sound are OK.

If you lose, you have to post here when, where and how you got "whamed".

Some tips to win:
    - do not watch TV
    - do not listen to the radio
    - avoid public places during Christmas time
    - turn off the volume before clicking on links in any forum

The last one is the most important, as any link can be fake and lead to a video of "Last Christmas".

Up for it? Post in this thread and let everyone know how it's going. :)
  2. But the world's gonna end on 21st December so how can we win ? :D
    • Like Like x 3
  3. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

I'm a defo winner as no one celebrates Christmas here :D
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

Hacks. When I think about it...the last time I've been to Istanbul there were indeed christmas trees at least. Then again, hotels might not be the place you'd usually pay a visit to tho. :p
  5. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

Just for this game's sake i may visit some hotels and walk around Taksim aimlessly then :D
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock
    I'M BACK... Again :)

That could extremely difficult, my work mates have the radio on 24/7, when I get home my missus loves watching tv.. Avoiding public places... I might have to put my head in a bin :D
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Omg I already lost :(
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

9. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Celtic Thunder have 'Last Christmas' on the christmas album :)
  10. Ben Herbert

Ben Herbert
    Next Match attending Hull(H) 16th 15.00

I'll give it a shot, but im at work 60(6pm-6am Monday-Saturday Morning) hours a week with the Radio on all the time. It will give me something to listen out for or not! :roflmao::D
  11. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson
    Technical Administrator Staff

Yep, I lost last month when Christmas season started on the TV channel my mum watches all the time. Whammed
  12. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

for now i haven't heard it, in fact i think i've never heard this song on the Chistmas season in here, so i will give this a go, i will let you know how it is going :)
  13. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock

Then I have bad news for you:
    • Like Like x 1
  14. -hibernate
  15. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock

I've lost :( Godamn girlfriend put it on....
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Rui F. Martins

Rui F. Martins
    Premium Member

so far so good, i went to a mall last weekend and they where passing Christmas songs, forutantely i survived to see another day without being whammed :D
    let's see if i survive another week, good luck mates :thumbsup:
  17. I've never heard the song before, nor have I heard it played in any public place here in Western Australia.

Rhys Gardiner takes an early points lead!
  18. That's a very nice game you've got there, be a shame if something were to happen to it:sneaky:

You wouldn't want to click by accident would you? That would be terribly unfortunate:devilish:
    • Like Like x 5
  19. Søren Mogensen

Søren Mogensen
    MadCape Racing

That would indeed be very unfortunate Alex
  20. Mapu

Premium Member

woah cheap tricks to score off competition!:mad:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.