rF2 RD Touring Cars @ Nürburgring 24h - Wed 28th Jan

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Puh, what I race. I picked the Seat as it was the slower of the two FWD cars and I havent tried the BMW, so no way I was going to drive the first time in a Club race after my rubbish race on Monday.
Was pleased to put the car into P2 as there were mostly BMWs and Hondas on the grid. At the start I used the launch control and could take the lead from Matej only to loose it on the exit of T1 :D I hoped he would use the medium tire on the Civic as the Civic is quite a bit faster than the Seat on the soft tire.
On the GP track I could see, that he has definetely the faster car, but as most drivers he screwed up Hatzenbach on Lap1 :) So again in the lead. The rest of the lap was a very hard battle. I gave 110% to stay in front, but it looked like he could drive circles around me. At some point in S3 I might could have defended or shut the door firmly, but there was no point as the BMW's of David and Simon were getting closer.

As soon as Matej was past he dropped my by several seconds. The BMW's top speed got David by on the Döttinger Höhe, but I was able to fight back on the GP track only to loose the position again later in the lap on a long straight. Again on the Döttinger Höhe Simon got past as well with even more top speed.

I tried to stay as close as possible and drove the hell out of the car, but no chance. David somehow disappeared on the last lap and I finished 3rd, but I had to work for it like a win :D

Really enjoyed the race today also it was lonly after Lap2, but Lap1 with Matej was real quality driving on such a narrow track we even had three position changes on the Nordschleife :whistling:

I must say that i feel like i had the best race out of everyone. From looking for small change on the edges of the track to getting stuck on the curb on the last lap. Doing a celebratory getting unstuck burnout, definitely rate this as one of my better races. :p :roflmao::p:D
GRAB_047.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h9wofk9u9xjzwz9/AADOZPBaGMFFElLfaCeYltsta?dl=0

I think, first lap was all about trust between all three of us. To drive different cars with different braking points, accelerations and curve behavior so close bumper to bumper with such a speed ... that was just unbelevable experience for me. I can˙t imagine, how I didn˙t like this track ... four days ago :D

(I am making video of first lap right now, because picture is worth a thousand words :unsure:)

Last edited:
I think, first lap was all about trust between all three of us. To drive different cars with different brake points, accelerations and curve behavior so close bumper on bumper with such a speed ... that was just unbelevable expirinece for me. I can˙t imagine, how I didn˙t like this track ... four days ago :D

(I am making video of first lap right now, because picture is worth a thousand words :unsure:)
Nice looking forward to that. There were really a few moments where I just thought you would touch me, but all done inch perfect. Now with the latest release I am really getting my Nordschleife love back I had in Race07. Every lap and every race is diffrent. I can understand why entire series only drive on this one track :D

It was a great race for me even though I got a DQ for failing to put my headlights on at the start of lap 4.
I tried the cars tonight and the BMW felt most like the GTR that I have been lapping the ring in these last few days. Its 10 years since I drove it on Forza so its been a few days week of getting reunited with the ring.
Surprised and pleased to have P4 in quali and P2 and 3 only 2 sec faster.

The opening lap was a thriller with me on the bumpers of Matej and Freddy. The BMW was faster on the straights and on the run from Flugplatz to Schwedenkreus I had a small run on them but they were already 2 wide into that very tricky 200kph left hander. In thruth I didnt want to have these two guys sandpapering my rear bumper for the whole of sector 2 so was happy to lift.
I got a front row seat as they battled inches apart.

To my surprise I was close enough to get Freddy with the BMW top speed on the long final straight.
He took it back on the short circuit but I got it back again on Flugplatz (the first long straight).
I was in P2 and pulling a slight gap.
What was going on?
Who was this guy at the wheel and what had he done with the real David O'Reilly?

Simon Christman was attacking Freddy and by the start of lap 3 was close to me. I had a good S1 and held a gap but ran wide just before the little bridge down at the bottom of the descent.
End of lap 3 I was +6 sec to Simon but -7 sec to Freddy and in P3.

Then I got my DQ.
Still it was nice to be mixing it up the front with such talented drivers.

Thanks all.

Oh and apologies to Daiman and Yuri. They entered TS and were having a chat about various things and I was a little short with them asking for some quiet while I battled the ringmeisters.
@Matej Lakota
looking fwd to the video

Last edited:
I finished the whole race which in itself was a challenge for me but 2 things spoilt my evening, Matej and Frederick on text chat when they had finished but I was still running and 6 or 7 people in the WEC lobby rather than in this club race. Disappointed people! yes I was a long way behind but I was still trying to get round.

I finished the whole race which in itself was a challenge for me but 2 things spoilt my evening, Matej and Frederick on text chat when they had finished but I was still running and 6 or 7 people in the WEC lobby rather than in this club race. Disappointed people! yes I was a long way behind but I was still trying to get round.
Sorry mate, I kept quiet for a long time, but I saw that it would take some more minutes and thought you were just cruising home. Next time I will wait until you are over the line ;)

I guess i shouldn't practice with one car during the week and try another when qualifying is about to start. :p Never drove the Seat so decided it was a good time to learn especially around the ring.

Thing weren't that bad and i was starting to feel comfortable with this combo. Practice and Qualifying i did as many laps as i could and managed to avoid big crashes. Was confident for the race that it would be good.

Wrong. The race didn't start that bad but after my first mistake i dropped a few positions. While pushing to gain some time the mistakes started to appear and after 3 crashes the car refused to drive in a straight line. It was time to retire and focus for the next one.

Although i didn't finished it was still fun and had a great time learning the car. :thumbsup:

You can setup a mute key in TS, it is extremely useful in this sort of situation. I had mine on mute until I got onto the final straight on the last lap. :)

I qualy i had often the issue the the BMW did emergency stops when hitting some gras or curbs. So i started only mid pack and no front the first two rows.

I had a bad start because i adjusted my gear ratio for a higher top speed which was contra productive for a standing start. But i still managed to be in P6 after the first chicane. :)
I had no problems to follow the cars ahead but i couldnt do a safe pass so i had to wait for some mistakes which came. But a saw the leaders disappearing. But at the end of lap 1 i had contact again to the battle for the 2nd. I again couldnt pass for a complete lap and Ferderic did made favor to do a mistake. So i had to wait for the Doettinger to blast past him. Sadly i have no button for the horn assigned :(. The it was time to chase David to claim P2. I could follow him without pushing to hard and as he made a small mistake i said thanks and went by. But Matej was already to far ahead. We had a simallar pace so i tried to push hard and made a small mistake hit the wrong curb and had again an emergency stop. This cost me 10-15 sec and so it was time to bring P2 home. :thumbsup:

Hahahaha, I haven´t noticed your acrobatic peformance at 8.15, but what about opposite lock and camera thing? I have barely time to breathe in that moment ... I mean ... full first lap :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back