2009 RD Touring Car Championship (RACE On)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a great POLL we have.:in-love:Now remain to see wich day and hour.Hopefully it will be good for me and majority. :D
Defenitly YES. I love this group of cars and theese cars can make really close battles.

Yes, the first RD championship that saw team Redline race and a couple of other great names was a success. Granted none of those big names competed in more than a couple of races the core of the groups was still around. We had 4 groups and only towards the very last races did we see a slight downfall in attendance.

I would very much like a championship where choices are also rewarded, ie. some sort of aggregate score given the car you chose (the worse the car is ex. E46, Peugeot 406, Alfa) the better you points tally. I understand that point might be a little hard to implement but it's a thought.

Also just like in real life we could have spots for the factory teams and privateer teams. Points can be awarded overall but there are also points for each division, this can also allow racers to chose less popular cars.

I have raced in leagues on xbox360 and get disappointed that many people don't show up, even though I never miss a race.

I always finish a race, if the car is in one piece, otherwise (like the 2nd race the other night) I pull into the pits, park it in the garage and watch the rest of you until the race ends :music2:

I'm looking for a league to join and taking part in race club nights until I find one. Touring cars are my favourites to drive, so a WTCC league would be my preference.

Also a yes for me. WTCC still offers great racing, so im up for a new season.

I would prefer to see more then one car brand on the grid. With the 2008 carset, i think you can make a nice balanced grid which offers something for everyone :)

I cannot imagine RD without WTCC league. It is a symbol, tradition and when I hear RD I think WTCC :)

I did not start in the last one because of only 1 car choice and sim that has been chosen (STCC).

Now I own Race On and very impatiently wait for the new season.

The best idea is to have team and independents drivers. For the team start is mandatory and within independents can be bigger rotation. It will cause that half of the spot will be taken by the teams and to second half independents that can for example fight in pre-qual system or something.

For today I will take a part in this leagues under the condition it will not be during the weekends (I am usually away)

Today i bought RACE ON,and i have to say that WTCC 08 are formidable.If the season in on,expect for a full concurence and hard battles. Like Krzysztof sas, i can't imagine Race Department without WTCC too.:skywalker:
Can't wait!

touring cars get a big yes from me. Close racing and my preferred class. Its the reason i purchased RACE07 and still love this game. I took part in the 08 and 09 seasons and loved every minute of it.

A fourth season will be most likely with RACE On Keith, so we can include the newest cars and tracks.

TCC is my favorite form of sim racing. Keith P, said it best, as I feel the tightest, closest racing comes from Touring cars.

I voted yes, as even with ATCC, I would love to do another league with Touring cars.

Keith

Oh please let us forget the 2008 edition, as that was by far the worst driving standards i have ever seen in a league.

That no more please

I have had a little idea, it may well have been thought of or posted before but I'll let you in on it anyway.

You know how you had two leagues last year, a Saturday cup and a Sunday cup? Well how about stealing a bit of an idea from the Nascar series and have a final showdown or chase for the title between the top 12 in each cup to determine an overall touring car champion? The main leagues become a sort of play off for the final race of the season between the best of both leagues. Perhaps even a tertiary race between the other 13 from each league for the final place on the finale grid, a sort of wildcard entry, best of the rest kind of thing.

Like I said, it may have been thought of before but it just came to me and I thought I'd share.

Excellent idea Richard, would spice up the battle even though if the leagues were split into Divisions like STL then the top 12 would probably be from Div 1, but it would give slower racers a chance to drive against he big boys.

Quick, stone him, he must be a witch or something.

Jumping quickly back to somewhere resembling the topic.

Bob - I thought the split days last season was just for two different days and down to people's availability. Some wanted to race Saturday and some wanted to race Sunday, I didn't think there were any quality controls to each specific day. I could be wrong though, I wasn't entirely paying attention to touring cars at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 113 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 291 27.5%