RD Star Mazda Series - Season 1 (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RACEDEPARTMENT Star Mazda Series

Must be a licensed member.
http://www.racedepartment.com/application-rules/

Season 1

Round 1: Indianapolis Motor Speedaway - Road Course -- March 20th
Round 2: Watkins Glen - Boot -- April 3rd
Round 3: Charlotte Motor Speedway - Road Course -- April 17th
Round 4: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - May 1st
Round 5: Brands Hatch GP -- May 15th
Round 6: Road Atlanta - Full Course -- May 29th
Round 7: Circuit de SPA Francorchamps - GP Pits -- June 12th
Round 8: Daytona International Speedway - Road Course -- June 26th

*Number of Laps will be posted in race thread
***Dates subject to change

Race Schedule:

Racing Sim: iRacing

Cars: Star Mazda

Setups: Open

Hosted Event Server name: RaceDepartment.com Star Mazda Series

Official Practice: 2 hrs before the event 18:30pm GMT / 1:30pm EST / 10:30pm PST
Registration end is 20:30pm GMT / 3:30pm EST / 12:30pm PST
***Please be in the hosted event server before this time.

Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 continuous hotlaps)
Race - Standing Start
Grid Max - 34 drivers (36 drivers after Round 1)
Fast tows - 1

P2 - 40
P3 - 35
P4 - 31
P5 - 30
P6 - 29
P7 - 28
P8 - 27
P9 - 26
P10 - 25
P11 - 24
P12 - 23
P13 - 22
P14 - 21
P15 - 20
P16 - 19
P17 - 18
P18 - 17
P19 - 16
P20 – 15
P21 – 14
P22 – 13
P23 – 12
P24 – 11
P25 – 10
P26 – 9
P27 – 8
P28 – 7
P29 - 6
P30 - 5
P31 - 4
P32 - 3
P33 - 2
P34 - 1

Pole Position: 5 points
Fastest Lap: 5 points
Most laps led: 5 points

Drop Races: There will be two (2) drop races available throughout the season to allow for real life commitments. The RD Star Mazda Staff understand that things may come up but please make sure before signing up that you will at least be able to attend six (6) out of the eight (8) races.

Incidents, Investigations and Penalties:
Please remember, the League staff will only review the first lap of each race as standard procedure - any other incidents must be reported before any review will be undertaken.

No report = no review.

Please try and remember the incident reporting guidelines: review, cool off, review again. Only after following the above process, and if you are convinced you still need to report it, should you let the league staff know. Send a PM to either Will Marquez, Kevin Watts, Abdul Ahmed or William Nowell. Please give as much information as possible during the report (time of incident, drivers involved etc.)

Any accusations or complaints aired in the chat during or after a race will mean a penalty levied on the person complaining or making the accusations, even if a subsequent official complaint gets found in their favour. We simply will NOT tolerate any post race finger pointing.

First lap penalty: If a driver causes an incident on the first lap of the race resulting in a major damage to another car, he will start from pitlane in the next race entered.

Blue flag: The driver receiving the blue flag is responsible of moving out of the racing line and give way to the lapping car as early as possible. In most situations, the driver receiving the blue flag will be deemed at fault in case of an incident with a front runner unless the incident is caused by the lapping driver's negligence.

Making contact from behind: In most situations a driver causing an incident by making contact from behind will be found guilty and penalized (a blue flag situation is one of the exceptions).

No Shows: If a driver does not post that they will not be attending a certain race. That will be considered a no show. Two or more no shows and the RD Star Mazda Series Staff can possibly remove that driver from league. Please if you are unable to attend a race, a simple post stating that you cannot attend will suffice.

Sorry missed the practice.

Did manage some laps earlier in the day. Turned down FFB a couple of notches to 6 (Fanatec Turbos S) - 100% FFB and drift mode not on.

I was having a little bit of problem getting a smooth turn in - not sure if it was downforce or just steering geometry of the car - almost feels like I am taking a series of "bites" at the corner rather than a smooth steering input. Don't have that problem in the MX5 / Skippy but I have very little seat time in Star Mazda and have never raced it.

Turning the FFB down certainly helped but has not got rid of the problem. Now in the 1:26.xx range with an optimal in of 1:25.5 so more to come I think.

Thanks for the setup Sam - I had no idea where to start.

Cheers

Driver Name : Karl Brankin

Link to Download : http://www.tradingpaints.com/download/32672

Skin Presentation :

Team Lotus.jpg

Hello,

Nice to see this league starting. I've been looking for a way to enjoy iRacing, which I've gotten into lately, but with a regular group of folks. I've been participating in the NGP here at RD in Netkar and having a lot of fun. My hesitation here is the Star Mazda. I don't have the car yet, and only have a D license. I'm willing to get the car, but wanted to check if a D license is sufficient for this series, and whether racing in the SM is doable without a lot of setup ability. I have been trying to learn setup in the Skippy, but mostly use other's setups when driving the Mustang (in a series on CMS).

Is the SM a more demanding car than the Skippy or Mustang, and if so, how much more?

Thanks for any advice.

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your interest in the league. To make a long story short, if you have all the content (cars/tracks) necessary to compete in the RD Star Mazda Series. And are able to at least attend 6 out of the 8 tracks on the schedule. You are more than welcome to join us. As these are hosted unofficial iRacing events, your license will not matter.

As for the Star Mazda itself, setups are being shared by alot of the drivers that are competing in this series and are posting them in the Round 1 Indy Road race thread to help out everyone prepare for Sunday's race. There are also many setups in the iRacing Star Mazda forums that have setups posted for the tracks that are on the schedule as well. The handling of the Star Mazda compared to the Skippy, is more downforce in the Star Mazda and definitely not as "loose" as the Skippy imo.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Will

Ack..... My gaming rig died last week. The power supply went bad and fried the motherboard is toast so I ordered new ones. I waited in vain for the UPS man to show up today (sob sob sob). So it looks like I'm out of commission for round 1 (unconsolable sobbing). Arghhh....... Have a great race. See y'all in round 2.

Ack..... My gaming rig died last week. The power supply went bad and fried the motherboard is toast so I ordered new ones. I waited in vain for the UPS man to show up today (sob sob sob). So it looks like I'm out of commission for round 1 (unconsolable sobbing). Arghhh....... Have a great race. See y'all in round 2.

Ah what a bummer Bob. It's been awhile since we've raced each other back in the FPWS days :)

Will update the grid now. See you at Watkins Glen.

Thanks, Will. I'd read the other requirements, but just wanted to make sure my license would be sufficient. Sounds like a lot of fun, so I'll sign up and grab the SM and start practicing. I can commit to all the races except the first and last.

Thanks. Well, that's a fun car! Way more stable than the Skippy! I took it around the Glen a bit. I need to set it up, as it wasn't geared right, and I think I was bottoming out some, but I was doing mid 1:50.xx's. That'll put a grin on your face. Hopefully that's not too far off the pace so that I'm not a moving chicane, and a good setup should knock some off of that.

At any rate, good purchase and I'm looking forward to this series! Hope to be able to get a replay of tomorrow's race somewhere. I'd like to see the action. Or would it be possible to spectate?

Hello RD Star Mazda Racers,

Please read carefully the entire briefing as you are required to know ALL of this information.

1- CHAT:

Text Chat is*forbidden*during the race. Voice chat is acceptable but please be courteous to your fellow races and keep this to an absolute minimum.

2.- Start procedure:

Standing Start. You will have 2 minutes to place your car on the grid.

3.- Reset Car:

*During Open Practice or Race, if you must press the reset car button to remove your car off track and return to pits or use a Fast Tow, please do so by either pulling off track but most importantly remove yourself from the racing line as there are also others on the track as well.

4.- Qualifying Session:

During Qualifying, you get an outlap, and only TWO consecutive hotlaps.

5.-*Incidents, Appeals & Penalties[From the RD League Regulations edited for the RD Star Mazda Series]

It may happen that rules get violated. In such cases it is up to the drivers to report the violation. The staff encourages this and will only investigate incidents that are reported by drivers.

***YOU MUST WAIT FOR 24 HOURS TO COOL DOWN BEFORE YOU CAN SUBMIT A REPORT***

Any reports sent in within 24hours of the race will be not be reviewed.

Public rants will not be tolerated after the race. Posts of these nature will be deleted and a warning will be given to people involved.

No report = no investigation = no penalty*

A report can be sent to the RD Star Mazda Staff (Kevin Watts, Will Marquez, Abdul Ahmed and William Nowell) by private message. It must always contain:

* The name of the reported driver (the violator)
* Replay lap# of the incident
* A short description of the incident, without rant

You must always send the report with your own forum account. You can only send a report if you were actually in the race. Report from outsider will be not be considered.

The staff will then investigate the incident.

Reports must be sent after at least a 24 hour cool down period, within no more than 2 days of the finish of the race. Reports that come in too late might not be considered.

Hey guys I'm going to have to use my off week for this start. Even though I was really looking forward to this now that I have the G25 setup I didn't think about it being the weekend of my 5th anniversary. So with that said my day off is full. I'll see ya next go round!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back