RD Star Mazda Series - Season 1 (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RACEDEPARTMENT Star Mazda Series

Must be a licensed member.
http://www.racedepartment.com/application-rules/

Season 1

Round 1: Indianapolis Motor Speedaway - Road Course -- March 20th
Round 2: Watkins Glen - Boot -- April 3rd
Round 3: Charlotte Motor Speedway - Road Course -- April 17th
Round 4: Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca - May 1st
Round 5: Brands Hatch GP -- May 15th
Round 6: Road Atlanta - Full Course -- May 29th
Round 7: Circuit de SPA Francorchamps - GP Pits -- June 12th
Round 8: Daytona International Speedway - Road Course -- June 26th

*Number of Laps will be posted in race thread
***Dates subject to change

Race Schedule:

Racing Sim: iRacing

Cars: Star Mazda

Setups: Open

Hosted Event Server name: RaceDepartment.com Star Mazda Series

Official Practice: 2 hrs before the event 18:30pm GMT / 1:30pm EST / 10:30pm PST
Registration end is 20:30pm GMT / 3:30pm EST / 12:30pm PST
***Please be in the hosted event server before this time.

Qualification - Lone qualifier (2 continuous hotlaps)
Race - Standing Start
Grid Max - 34 drivers (36 drivers after Round 1)
Fast tows - 1

P2 - 40
P3 - 35
P4 - 31
P5 - 30
P6 - 29
P7 - 28
P8 - 27
P9 - 26
P10 - 25
P11 - 24
P12 - 23
P13 - 22
P14 - 21
P15 - 20
P16 - 19
P17 - 18
P18 - 17
P19 - 16
P20 – 15
P21 – 14
P22 – 13
P23 – 12
P24 – 11
P25 – 10
P26 – 9
P27 – 8
P28 – 7
P29 - 6
P30 - 5
P31 - 4
P32 - 3
P33 - 2
P34 - 1

Pole Position: 5 points
Fastest Lap: 5 points
Most laps led: 5 points

Drop Races: There will be two (2) drop races available throughout the season to allow for real life commitments. The RD Star Mazda Staff understand that things may come up but please make sure before signing up that you will at least be able to attend six (6) out of the eight (8) races.

Incidents, Investigations and Penalties:
Please remember, the League staff will only review the first lap of each race as standard procedure - any other incidents must be reported before any review will be undertaken.

No report = no review.

Please try and remember the incident reporting guidelines: review, cool off, review again. Only after following the above process, and if you are convinced you still need to report it, should you let the league staff know. Send a PM to either Will Marquez, Kevin Watts, Abdul Ahmed or William Nowell. Please give as much information as possible during the report (time of incident, drivers involved etc.)

Any accusations or complaints aired in the chat during or after a race will mean a penalty levied on the person complaining or making the accusations, even if a subsequent official complaint gets found in their favour. We simply will NOT tolerate any post race finger pointing.

First lap penalty: If a driver causes an incident on the first lap of the race resulting in a major damage to another car, he will start from pitlane in the next race entered.

Blue flag: The driver receiving the blue flag is responsible of moving out of the racing line and give way to the lapping car as early as possible. In most situations, the driver receiving the blue flag will be deemed at fault in case of an incident with a front runner unless the incident is caused by the lapping driver's negligence.

Making contact from behind: In most situations a driver causing an incident by making contact from behind will be found guilty and penalized (a blue flag situation is one of the exceptions).

No Shows: If a driver does not post that they will not be attending a certain race. That will be considered a no show. Two or more no shows and the RD Star Mazda Series Staff can possibly remove that driver from league. Please if you are unable to attend a race, a simple post stating that you cannot attend will suffice.

Name: Neil Tasker
By signing up, I have agreed to the RD Star Mazda Series rules and format.

having a few issues with iracing at moment, just carnt seem to diall me wheel in to feel nice, going to withdraw from this currently and run a few club races first i reckon, sorry to be a pain but need to sort wheel out before i can feel comfitble in myself on track,

Karl, I started iRacing eager to get my hands on the Star Mazda, when I did I never experienced what you have described. But now after MX-5 league I am experiencing the same as you. Takes more than a few laps to dial in the steering input to speed difference.

Yeah same thing that Abdul mentioned above, took me quite a bit of time to get use to the Star Mazda after the RD MX-5 series. If you feel like you are having a deadzone issue Karl, maybe check out this thread http://www.racedepartment.com/iracing/47691-force-feedback-settings.html . I currently upped the FFB strength in Logitech Profiler to 107% and 5-7 in game and feels better in the Star Mazda for me. Maybe try that out and see if that helps. :)

Ran first practice tonight. 15 laps put me into the 1:27's using Sam's setup (thanks for that!) + minor camber/pressure tweaks. Would have put me 16th or so in your practice session which is about right. More time to be had exiting 7 & 11 and finding the best line through 6. Bottoming the wing just a little in Indy Turn 1 (last turn), don't think it's worth bothering with though. Now, off to Zandvoort ...

Thanks Chaps

I'm using a Fanatec wheel and for all the issues they can have - deadzone problems is not one.

It must be something in the setup or steering geometry of this car or particular FFB setting.

If anything maybe FFB is a bit high - I'll try lowering it a bit to see if that frees up the wheel a little and smooths out the turn in.

Cheers

With these cars, I use a 2 FFB (started that at Richmond and kept it as it felt pretty good on the road too) and I set my stock G27 brake at about 3.3 to keep from locking up and allow more feathering of the brake. Really could use a load cell for these things.

BTW - Actual Cars for this year (Taken at Barber during testing, I believe)

StarMazda2011.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.3%
  • < 4 years