RD Skinning Competition - Voting Open

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
RD Skinning Comp-voting (1).jpg

Following our incredibly successful RaceDepartment themed livery competition it is now time for you to vote for your top five designs that should will pass to the final round decision process.

To be perfectly frank I have been simply blown away by the quality of submissions received during this competition. The level of quality and design creativity has been out of this world. We've seen some seriously impressive submissions across a whole range of different machines, from modern day GT3 cars, old school Fiat 500's and even a futuristic concept car, without question the level of quality has been something truly exceptional to behold.

With our submission deadline of February 28th 2pm midnight UK now over, it is up to our readers to vote for your favourite five designs. Once voting closes in seven days time (8/3/17 @ 11:03am) the top five selected liveries will be presented to none other than Stefano Casillo of Kunos Simulazioni, who has very generously agreed to act as our Grand Marshall in this competition. Stefano will be presented with the five community chosen designs and tasked with picking the overall competition winner.

As an additional bonus Stefano has very kindly offered to award the top five submissions a little box of Assetto Corsa treats, with a Kunos cap and t-shirt to be issued to the creators of our top five community voted skins! Thank you Stefano!

So without further ado I am exceptionally pleased to present to you the full list of final submissions for our competition. Please note a vote feature has been added to this article and to select your five favourite designs you will need to ensure the appropriate post number has been checked. You will be allowed to change your vote right up to the voting deadline of 11:03am UK on Wednesday 8th March.

I really do want to stress the fact that the quality of submissions received throughout this event have been simply astonishing. Each and every livery submitted has been of studio quality standard and everyone who has spent the time creating a skin should be immensely proud of yourselves, the quality really has been of the highest standard.

Last edited:
"This poll will close on Mar 8, 2017 at 11:03" That's an accurate closing time...

lol it's the way the voting functions work :)

And what about the votes these cars have already? It's kinda messed a bit. Would be a shame if this would affect the outcome of the voting. Just saying

It wont be a problem :) I can see what everyone has done and will be able to ensure the votes are recorded correct, don't worry it's all in hand :) A pain in the arse for me to sort out, but all in hand :)

It's been a bit on the difficult side with so many submissions and so many people not following the correct procedure. It took me just under 7 hours to put this final voting article together, so I'm frankly not surprised a couple of mistakes have crept into the posts. I'm sorry, but I'm 100% confident it won't cause issue with the final results.. unless the @Tume unfinished one gets all the votes and wins anyway :D Even unfinished it's good enough to deserve a chance for people to vote :)

Happy voting people ! I'm deliberately not looking at the current scores so I get a nice surprise when it's all done. Literally no idea who will get the top five, every one of them deserves a vote imho

@Tume unfinished one gets all the votes and wins anyway :D Even unfinished it's good enough to deserve a chance for people to vote :)
Yeah, true. :D But still, if anyone happened to vote it by accident they'd be wasting a chance to vote for something prettier... :unsure:

And my best skin only has 6 votes, so yeah, saw this coming :D I just don't have what it takes. Even if I finished that one :thumbsup:

But oh well, I tried I guess. :rolleyes:

Just an opinion.
Why did you have to select 73 skins rather than 10-20 tops? No way in hell I am skipping through 73 submissions.
Voting 5 randoms now
For a better summary for the voters it would have been better to have all submissions on one page with the standard AC preview image (7-8 posts with 10 images). And than at the following pages the different views of the car. Maybe this is a thning for the next competition...
It would be great to see, how the overall votes are splittet between the 4 submission pages, if they are evenly spreaded or if the first had an signifikant majority.

I would have preferred to have seen the submisisons in a slide show format which I am sure would have made voting easier and fairer since by the time you get to the end you have forgotten the first few.

Love the diversity of styles and even cars are we judging this on art or on which would be most likely to make a suitable skin as they may not be one in the same.

I think some of you guys have some serious talent and no matter who wins they all show some considerable skill. Congratulations all entrants!

I have no artistic talent whatsoever my school report one said " He can do better
"the following year.. " clearly he can't I have yet to experience any talent or application in this subject" lol .

Easy way to determine your votes: save the images you like, name them after submission number. Then go through them on your PC and determine eventual five choices. Of course this "only" works when you can narrow your choices down to about ten to fifteen entries.

Not really surprised about not getting many votes (4 so far for both entries), next time I'll spend all time on one car instead of spread over two, or I'll just leave this to the talented guys..

Just an opinion.
Why did you have to select 73 skins rather than 10-20 tops? No way in hell I am skipping through 73 submissions.
Voting 5 randoms now

Sorry the layout doesn't suit everyone's tastes....

I am limited by the software we host RD on, and this is the best I can do.

I suggest if you are not willing to look at all the skins then don't bother voting. Seriously biting my tongue to not be rude here. Very sad to read such a small minded response.

• Deleted member 130869

Some submissions were by the same person on different cars and usually keeping the same design. It's easy to just skip or quickly glance past those and save some time if the design isn't to your taste.

It wasn't easy keeping a mental track, I kept repeating the picks in my head as I went through the pages, then went through once more to update my 5 :p. Some better designs may have been overlooked but for a first time doing such competition, hiccups will happen.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 276 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 188 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 189 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 139 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 247 13.5%