• So long as all your wheels are pointing in roughly the same direction, you should be fine.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Featured RD Rally Championship Season 8 - Sweden Preview

Discussion in 'DiRT Rally' started by Ole Marius Myrvold, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,155
    JRV2ZVP1.jpg
    The already record-breaking RDRC is soon live with it's second round of the championship, this time in fast and snowy Sweden. With 300 starters in Monaco, Sweden might see even more drivers try to tackle the 137.78km spread out over 17 stages.

The Swedish rally is building on the immense success of Rally Monte-Carlo, which saw Diogo Velosa win the rally ahead of Jon Joannidis and Lukas Wahlen. The 4WD- class saw Miguel Figueiredo win ahead of Ethan O'Hagan and Alexandre Chaino. In 2WD+ it was a 1-2 team finish for Peugeot Team Sweden, with Tommie Lindberg winning ahead of Jimmy Bogren. Norbert Leitner took 3rd. Lastly, in the 2WD- class it was a complete Opel dominance, with Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan winning ahead of Ismail Yakubu and Kieran Poole.

As always, here is the checklist for the RDRC Events
    • Check that your name in the league on dirtgame.com is the same that you have signed up with - if not, you can notify the score-keeper here. Remember that changing Steam nickname can change your name on dirtgame.com
    • Check that you are indeed registered to your correct league, PC, PS4 or xBox One. You can find your leagues here
    • Remember to check the Directors Note Thread in case of rule changes or important notices. The thread is here.
    • If you are not signed up yet, and wish to participate in the Championship, you can do so by signing up here

For a full overview of all the stages for Rally Sweden including descriptions and length, full results from the previous event, and maybe most important, a proper guide on how to drive on snow and with snowbanks. Head in to our snowy edition of the Rally Magazine!

16735900_10155087180309645_1222720203_n.png

View the Swedish Edition of the RDRC Rally Magazine here. (Press F11 for fullscreen)
    Download the Swedish Edition of the RDRC Rally Magazine here (13.7mb)

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 9
    • Love Love x 5
  2. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +11,443
    Epic championship and epic presentation Ole :) Massive congratulations to all responsible for getting this whole season and literature set up! Brilliant :thumbsup:

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan

Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
    Mr. C Premium

Ratings:
    +1,214
    Very-fast Sweden?well nobody told me, I am very slow atm :))
    Well done

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ricoow

Ricoow
    RedShift Racing RDLMS #6 Premium

Ratings:
    +1,110
    Looks great as usual.
    Small error tho, header at page 19 says Sweden Results while it should be Monte Carlo

5. Enpassant

Enpassant

Ratings:
    +41
    Congratulationt to the winners in the classes! Congratulation for the organisers of the rally. Only seven Alpines out of the 300 cars! Cheers guys! Rally for the pleasure is also the option in RDRC ;)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Enpassant

Enpassant

Ratings:
    +41
    Andrei don't be so humble. ;) Congratulation for the winnig the first stage.

• Like Like x 2
  7. TTupsi

TTupsi
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,119
    Another funny little error is Joonas Raivio's surname which is spelled "Raivo" in the magazine. Raivo means "rage" in Finnish so I hope that isn't a hint about him road-raging or anything :p

Top-notch work anyways! Really enjoy reading these!

8. Greg Doan

Greg Doan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +0
    What happened I signed up and then the 13th of this month I go to the Dirt Rally League page and sure Race Department was the on list but no event what gives did I miss something or was it canceled.

9. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,155
    I would assume that you applied to the correct league for your system on this list?
    The RaceNet league called "racedepartment" was used for club racing here, but have not been used for well over a year ;)

10. Greg Doan

Greg Doan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +0
    Then where pray tell do I go to get in to the Dirt Rally league I down loaded, RDRC the Magazine, form the signup page that had all the rule thought I was in it shows up in the Dirt Rally game when I bring it up. But it it is not letting me join the race and I want in so bad.

11. Greg Doan

Greg Doan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +0
    I picked the 4x4+ Ford RS 2011 I answered all the questions I filled out the thing as best I could and still nothing I am not going to give up.

12. Greg Doan

Greg Doan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +0
    I just checked it out I am number 400 in the list of divers there but still not letting me join in the race.

13. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,155
    @Greg Doan As I said in my last post, you must join the correct league (PC, xBox One or Playstation 4) to get the league to show up in your game, and to be able to participate. The link to the different leagues are found in the "How To Drive Online" Thread.

14. Greg Doan

Greg Doan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay I went there and read all then clicked on to join and still nothing in game I am on a PC and I filled out everything to join but I am confused it shouldn't be this hard I know. I signed up on the sign up thread page it is on page 32 of the sign up thread page #625 on the page list but I am having problems is this on my end of what. thank you just what to race in the league.

15. Ole Marius Myrvold

Ole Marius Myrvold
    JWB 96-13 Staff

Ratings:
    +3,155
    You should be in now, we have to manually accept drivers, you got accepted in 16:45 GMT+1 :)

16. Greg Doan

Greg Doan
    Premium

Ratings:
    +0
    I found it and I am in everything' good. thank you all I nneded to know was the PC side.