RD Rally Championship Season 8 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahh. Well. There will be a new season regardless :) we did seasons in RBR with 30-40 drivers each rally, so that's not really an issue. But I don't think it's a secret that we were looking towards DiRT 4, and still hope to get a massive patch that fixes up physics and clubs.

Anyway, need to sort out some issues before we move forward :)
My idea was to re-create the 1993 RAC Rally using a combination of Germany, Finland,Wales and Sweden.

I don't care about a league at the moment - stayin in hospital after a heart-operation and definitely no driving for 8 weeks...
And if the RD guys choose DR or D4... if I'll be able to compete I'd choose D4 .

I'd be up for a league in Dirt Rally (though I really don't know how would I squeeze it into my current racing schedule, but I'd find a way ;) ).

As for Dirt 4, no, thanks. Even if clubs come soon (but they've been saying that for months now), it won't change the nonsensical and frustrating handling most of the cars exhibit. I'm still trying to force myself to finish the career mode, and I'm still failing at that.

I'm still trying to force myself to finish the career mode, and I'm still failing at that.
that's me :) got stuck at the last event in rally and the third to last tier in historic. what really surprised me: how little variation the track-editor produces, that was a huuuuge letdown. Especially now that I am playing wrc7: the feel for the cars is sub-par but the tracks are simply brilliant (and it helps that the co-driver is a bit lame, so you really have to be on your toes).

Somewhat bizarrely, I don't remember the last time I played DR. I have a feeling it might have been the RDRC! (Been mostly on AC for the last while.)

Somewhat bizarrely, I don't remember the last time I played DR. I have a feeling it might have been the RDRC! (Been mostly on AC for the last while.)

RDRC for me :) I must admit with all the work of organizing, as well as driving there (and driving on other place) I was really done with driving, both rally and circuit for a month-ish :) Played a lot of strategy and management games that month!

Just a small info-bit:

D4 will apparently get a club patch (and if the early November info is correct, a quite big patch for the game as well) next week, or possibly in 2 weeks. There will not be any official announcement of a new championship until we see what that patch consists of and what it does with the game and possible player-bases. However, we will plan for both possibilites atm, so we don't start on scratch whatever situation happens in a couple of weeks :)

And Codies better stick to their words this time around...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back