RD Rally Championship Season 8 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though it was good for me at Rally Germany to know the stages I'm convinced, that YourStage in Dirt 4 will raise online rally championships onto a new level. Hopefully the created stages won't be drivable/downloadable for every competitor with the start of the event. Would be great if you could only drive them within the event, otherwise you could download them by the start of the event and train them in an individual event...but even that would be better than the 2 long stages now, which can be learned by heart quite fast if your mind is as fast/good as your car :whistling:
And if Codies would get it working, that every abrupt ending of the game (i.e. Alt+F4) would leave a marker for the driver in the leaderboards, then my wishes would have become true at last. Every driver could have one marker "free" for every event as it always can happen that you have a CTD or whatever Windows wants your PC to do. But 2 markers would lead to a DSQ :sneaky:

• Deleted member 217114

Please, Ole. Listen to him. He speaks true words.

Even though it was good for me at Rally Germany to know the stages I'm convinced, that YourStage in Dirt 4 will raise online rally championships onto a new level. Hopefully the created stages won't be drivable/downloadable for every competitor with the start of the event. Would be great if you could only drive them within the event, otherwise you could download them by the start of the event and train them in an individual event...but even that would be better than the 2 long stages now, which can be learned by heart quite fast if your mind is as fast/good as your car :whistling:
And if Codies would get it working, that every abrupt ending of the game (i.e. Alt+F4) would leave a marker for the driver in the leaderboards, then my wishes would have become true at last. Every driver could have one marker "free" for every event as it always can happen that you have a CTD or whatever Windows wants your PC to do. But 2 markers would lead to a DSQ :sneaky:

Agreed on every point. I don't think this will be the case in any of it, but I really hope so! :)

• Deleted member 217114

With your stage hotlapping/memorizing will be gone, so everyone will make lots of mistakes :inlove:

Just catching up on this restart change, doesn't this make cheating MORE likely? You can go as hard as you like to set good times, reset and then dawdle(turtle) back through the stages again to keep a perfect car for longer... This seems like a step backwards.
Umm, yes that's true, unless of course it takes your *worst* time, instead of just keeping the first time you set... Do we know for sure that it doesn't do that? Cos that would make it much less worthwhile to alt-F4... I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't have coded it that way. But have they made any kind of public statement about the league change?

One really crappy change they have made (though quite possibly by accident) is that you can't reset your progress in a league event at all any more, even one you created yourself in order to do test runs (with event reset and stage restart turned on). It says that it's resetting your progress and then says Racenet ain't available.

as far as i know it overwrites the old times. i had to restart 4 stages in this tournament in sweden because of a bug which made my game freeze close to the end of those four stages (i think they were numbers 7-10 or some such on the list). the times i put up in the second running of those stages were the ones given on the final timesheet. i realized i had gained about 10 secs all in all so i waited 10 secs before rolling across the finish to kind of get back to the original amount of time spent on track.

@LuMue From what i have seen/heard, stages will be generated by league. The code for that stage generation will be sent to the driver before the start of the stage. Then the stage generator will load up that stage for you to run. So impossible to run the stages before an event.

as far as i know it overwrites the old times. i had to restart 4 stages in this tournament in sweden because of a bug which made my game freeze close to the end of those four stages (i think they were numbers 7-10 or some such on the list). the times i put up in the second running of those stages were the ones given on the final timesheet. i realized i had gained about 10 secs all in all so i waited 10 secs before rolling across the finish to kind of get back to the original amount of time spent on track.

But Sweden took place before that updare put on last week by Codies...
We should create a league for fun to test this, or someone tries when the Shakedown for Wales takes place. I won't be able to compete there, but someone could do the first stage, then during the second ALT+F4 and start at stage 1 again. First time he drives as fast as he can and second time he slows down a lot...let's see what happens then. As it's a shakedown nobody gets an disadvantage :thumbsup:
@LuMue From what i have seen/heard, stages will be generated by league. The code for that stage generation will be sent to the driver before the start of the stage. Then the stage generator will load up that stage for you to run. So impossible to run the stages before an event.

That would be perfect :thumbsup:

I don't know (yet) if you can create own names for every event in a league, and I'm pretty sure that you can't define the surroundings. I hope the stages can be named by the league-creator but if not, no problem.
But in my opinion you can drive one location more than once - one time it has short but difficult stages, the other time it has longer but less difficult stages.
You can at least call them different in the championship rooster you post in a forum but not ingame.

Umm, yes that's true, unless of course it takes your *worst* time, instead of just keeping the first time you set... Do we know for sure that it doesn't do that? Cos that would make it much less worthwhile to alt-F4... I can't think of any reason why they wouldn't have coded it that way. But have they made any kind of public statement about the league change?
Darn. I just tested the behaviour - I drove way slower on the second attempt and it kept the faster time. :(
FFS, that kinda sucks. Now people with too much time on their hands really do get to keep their best times and have a car in perfect condition.
Worst of all you can't even begin to detect suspicious behaviour, since the stage times now don't change at all if someone quits and restarts (though Racenet isn't really fast enough to allow a regular poll of stage times anyway).
I think Codies didn't think this recent change through very carefully - it's probably worse in just about every way that matters. :O_o:

On a different (and happier?) note, I did a little testing in Wales tonight. Got my little Fiesta improved from a truly awful 3:15ish to a merely mediocre 3:03ish on Bidno. That feels really really fast to me but is still only about p400 on the rankings :confused:
I think somebody muttered something about Dirt showing its physics engine limitations on loose surfaces. That'll do me as a reason why I suck in Wales :p (I was finding it much faster to floor it through the corners with near-full lock (not opposite lock mind you!) than to lift... Feels wrong, but then I mostly drive on tarmac IRL!)

On a different (and happier?) note, I did a little testing in Wales tonight. Got my little Fiesta improved from a truly awful 3:15ish to a merely mediocre 3:03ish on Bidno. That feels really really fast to me but is still only about p400 on the rankings :confused:
I think somebody muttered something about Dirt showing its physics engine limitations on loose surfaces. That'll do me as a reason why I suck in Wales :p (I was finding it much faster to floor it through the corners with near-full lock (not opposite lock mind you!) than to lift... Feels wrong, but then I mostly drive on tarmac IRL!)

Ive also been doing setup testing (never done it before) in Wales on Bidno Reverse. Where is it that you see how good your time is on a ranking board?

• Deleted member 217114

Do member whole the online stuff is broken because there are too many variables. The best way for a fair play is to race real life together in exactly the same rig with exactly the right setup, fov and all that. So nobody can "cheat"

For example it's frustrating to race vs someone who used 270. Or bonnetcam. Or fog remove mod. Or f4. Or anything else thats differently than your setup.

For online you just have to drink some beer x smoke some stuff and what else you prefer. Join teamspeak or so and have fun.

If you want to have a much immersive experience than you rather race single player. And have crew chief switched on.

Tl Dr: everyone cheats/exploits, yes even you, online cause everyone's wants to be the bomb. Yep, that true "aliens" dont exist"

If the exploit do actually work, and people use it to an advantage, these people should look in the mirror and ask themselves how proud they really are...:thumbsdown:
I certainly ain't one of them and I have the damage to prove it :rolleyes:

Sure they should, but Codemasters really messed this up, it's worse than before - I don't get the logic behind this decision (if it's not just an error...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 362 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%