RD Rally Championship Season 8 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damage is not the same as when you saved it.
So, you have to be a fair sportsman and race the stages you do again and not going like a turtle...

So...i saved at the checkpoint between 9/10 and exited for a while.

Came back to finish and it says Ive gotta start again from 5!!!

:mad:

Even though it will save my times from before (i assume), ive gotta do them all twice. God sake.

EDIT: Looking at the Germany itinerary, it says there is only a break between 9/10, the word "checkpoint" isn't there. However, it let me "Save & Exit" at this point so am I doing 5-9 all over again as it hasn't saved at all?

Last edited:
So...i saved at the checkpoint between 9/10 and exited for a while.

Came back to finish and it says Ive gotta start again from 5!!!

:mad:

Even though it will save my times from before (i assume), ive gotta do them all twice. God sake.

EDIT: Looking at the Germany itinerary, it says there is only a break between 9/10, the word "checkpoint" isn't there. However, it let me "Save & Exit" at this point so am I doing 5-9 all over again as it hasn't saved at all?

Ye, it's a risk to save&exit at non-checkpoint services. It can work, but there are no guarantee that it will, regardless of Codemasters errors etc.

Yup, the "save and exit" option appears sometimes when it kinda shouldn't. In this league, it appears at every service, even the ones without checkpoints.
In weekly and monthly "event" rallies, I've noticed that I get the option after every stage (IIRC), even though the checkpoints (and services) are every second stage. When I have used the option and waited a few hours, it has always allowed me to continue where I was. When I have left it a day or more it often/always (not sure!) requires me to redo the stage again...
However, I haven't had the issue in this league yet, despite fairly frequently taking advantage of it to take breaks at service points. How long did you leave it between saving and resuming?

Yup, the "save and exit" option appears sometimes when it kinda shouldn't. In this league, it appears at every service, even the ones without checkpoints.
In weekly and monthly "event" rallies, I've noticed that I get the option after every stage (IIRC), even though the checkpoints (and services) are every second stage. When I have used the option and waited a few hours, it has always allowed me to continue where I was. When I have left it a day or more it often/always (not sure!) requires me to redo the stage again...
However, I haven't had the issue in this league yet, despite fairly frequently taking advantage of it to take breaks at service points. How long did you leave it between saving and resuming?
Less than an hour. So who knows haha.

Made it to stage 9 again where I saved on tuesday. Save & Exit, short break, started at SS5 again...took a lot of time for nothing but my old times luckily weren't lost. Everything ok for me now.
I have finished the rally now but didn't take any screenshots :(
Lost a lot of time on NickJackPT but finished 2nd in 4WD- so far...so very happy!

Decision regarding RaceNet issues for Rally Germany
After looking at the time that it took for Codemasters to fix the issue against the issues it would be with a new event (as there are no way to prolong an already started event), we in the RDRC-Crew have decided not to make a new session at the end of this one. This means that Rally Germany will be held at the original times, with no extensions. We are aware that this will create issues for some drivers, but no matter what decision that would've been taken, someone would've lost out. There were a multitude of reasons for this.
  • We would have no way of controlling who had saved, but have no time to do the rally late this week and who had crashed and retired, and gets a second chance out of it.
  • For people only having 1 or 2 days a week to do RDRC, and these being Wed and Thur, would not have had these days anyway, as we would not extended for more time than the issues lasted
  • We thought about cancelling the rally, and start over again. That would be unfair against the ones that already have finished the event (or done half without issues)
We are sorry for any issues that this causes, but the additional problems of an extension are deemed as far larger than the problems already made by Codemasters.

The league is so big that Codemasters should be informed about NOT 'upgrading' their service while the rally is ongoing. Hasnt this been an ongoing issue for like....ever...when they upgrade?

The racenet update could be related to a new functionality in that we aren't allowed to post new times and that makes it harder to constantly reset and post better and better times. The already posted times are standing. But what if you drive like a turtle to conserve the car. I think the advantage is having a car that's in better condition?

Let's see if saving between checkpoints still works like before? I'm at stage 9, service C...

what happens with the quality of the car though? can i bulldoze my way to the end or do i have to go through them all slowly?
Just catching up on this restart change, doesn't this make cheating MORE likely? You can go as hard as you like to set good times, reset and then dawdle(turtle) back through the stages again to keep a perfect car for longer... This seems like a step backwards.

Just catching up on this restart change, doesn't this make cheating MORE likely? You can go as hard as you like to set good times, reset and then dawdle(turtle) back through the stages again to keep a perfect car for longer... This seems like a step backwards.

Well, to put it this way, if people want to do that for Rally Wales, then they have way to little to do in their life. As this is the inspiration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 178 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%