RD Racing Club Ideas & Feedback (merged)

Racing club ideas

Hi there!

I was thinking about how we could make our racing club for this game better!
1. because we have very few sign-ups
2. because the events end very late (23:00-23:30 for most people in Europe), and that make things very hard for those who want to sign-up for more events a week. (at least for me it does) Maybe that's also a reason why there are so few people signing up!

So I would like to know your opinions about the following ideas:
- Putting the start 1 hour earlier (19:00 GMT/20:00 CET), like in the old days could already make it much better imo.
- I think we could also shorten the practice and the quali a bit. 30 mins for each is just too long, the server is up days before the race, so I think everybody has the chance to practice!

Formats to vote for:

- 19:00 GMT, 30 min practice, 30 min quali, 10 min warmup, race 1, race 2, races end around 21:00-21:30 GMT (22:00-22:30 CET)

- 19:00 GMT, 15 min practice, 15 min quali, 10 min warmup, race 1, race 2, races end around 20:30-21:00 GMT (21:30-22:00 CET)

- 19:00 GMT, 20 min practice, 10 min superpole quali, 10 min warmup, race 1, race 2, races end around 20:30-21:00 GMT (21:30-22:00 CET)

- 19:00 GMT, 30 min practice, 15 min quali, 10 min warmup, race 1, race 2, races end around 20:45-21:15 GMT (21:45-22:15 CET)

- leave it alone, starts at 20:00 GMT, 30 min practice, 30 min quali, 10 min warmup, race 1, race 2, races end around 22:00-22:30 GMT (23:00-23:30 CET)

well, I am semi-novice driver

At last found a Semi-Novice fellow in RD :biggrin:.

Really good point Warren. Rain may bring some variations. People say it brings disadvantage to less skilled, but it also may bring some chances to them (us:redface:) because in dry, pros are hardly do any mistakes but in wet they may do some while we fully consantrate and keep on the tarmac.

Really good point Warren. Rain may bring some variations. People say it brings disadvantage to less skilled, but it also may bring some chances to them (us:redface:) because in dry, pros are hardly do any mistakes but in wet they may do some while we fully consantrate and keep on the tarmac.

I have raced quite a lot on-line in variable weather, and this is exactly what I have experienced. The variability has mixed things up much more and provided better results for many drivers who aren't normally up front. You'd be surprised how much more you can learn simply by experiencing wet weather (or even hotter weather), and like all things, you get better the more you try it.
Isn't that what the Racing Club is all about, learning new challenges?

YOU can expect some variable weather in the upcoming American RACING Club events! Already trying to format the events that could benefit from the wetter weather!

I love wet racing and I think the notion that it handicaps novices is not that significant to ignore.

i have an idea that i used to do a lot.

MINI JUMPING ELIMINATION
All drivers race a mini at brands hatch indy. Drivers go around the track for warmup then they come into the pits going full blast going straight which flys you into pits and maybe miss the barriers and make it through. One warm up round then one at a time the drivers try to jump into the pits. If they hit the barriers and crash, they are eliminated, last driver standing wins. Jump will be judged to see if the driver cleared it. Lots of fun.​

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 97 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 352 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 489 39.2%