• "Bite off more than you can chew and then chew like hell." - Peter Brock
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RD Quoting

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Matthew Gutteridge, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Matthew Gutteridge

Matthew Gutteridge

Ratings:
    +2
    Now I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but If you quote someone, then you can edit that quote, you can easily badmouth people like this. Maybe a change might help

2. Ben Tusting

Ben Tusting

Ratings:
    +133
    I didn't think you could

Edit: I see you can

3. James Yates

James Yates

Ratings:
    +5
    While you could do that, people who do such a thing don't deserve to be members of RD.

Being able to edit quotes is very helpful as you can remove the bits you aren't replying to - or you can change the colour of some text to highlight the point you are replying to. It also allows you to remove pictures - that way we don't get huge quotes full of pictures when someone just wanted to reply to the message.

4. Matthew Gutteridge

Matthew Gutteridge

Ratings:
    +2
    :p

But seriously, you have a point and I think that you should be able to remove things, but I think that some people will do that and prevention is better than cure

5. James Yates

James Yates

Ratings:
    +5
    I could understand removing it on an unmoderated chat forum, but here people should respect one another. Editing quotes doesn't edit the original post - and the quote links to their post so its very obvious a really quite childish. If someone had something bad to say about someone, why would they edit their quotes to say it? That said, most people who kick up and have a argument on here will be dealt with accordingly.

6. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    It's just like any other forum.

Being able to edit what your quoting is VERY useful especially if one sentence you wish to discuss is in a one big body of text.

And like James says, if there are any doubts/suspicions the link will prove either way and they will be dealt with. It's never happened yet, touch wood.