*RD Public Journal Thread*

I decided to post this thread for anyone on here who wants to update us on anything important in your life, such as parties, race attendances, work, school, recreation, camaraderie, et cetera.

No posting of anything personal (please take those types of posts to my Confession thread).
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum...fessions-about-yourself-in-this-thread.50142/

I hope that by starting this thread, I'm not defeating the purpose of an off-topic subforum, I started this because I wanted to save the redundancy of threads pertaining to anything about ourselves, whether casual or social.

Starting with me:

-I passed my Network certification exam, so, I am taking a month off; I hope to pick back up on reading some books and start walking again.

-For the first time ever, I am no longer insecure about my physical appearance, I can look at myself in the mirror and say, "I'm such a beautiful man! :) " I want to prove to the rest of the World that outer beauty is not exclusive to women, but, of course, I want to compliment that with my inner beauty.

-I hope to learn some poetry sometime soon. I have somewhat of a masterful grasp of the English language, but, if I can learn English poetry, my sentences would sound sweeter.

-I am traveling to Vancouver on the 24th for a relative's wedding; I wish I could pay Awazu-san a brief visit, but, he's a beaver building a dam (I hope he understands metaphors); I am sure it will be a trip to remember.

-Found out today i'm diabetic. Very dizzy lately because of ongoing pancreas problems so i got myself a glucose meter. Also have a shortage of vitamine B12, D3 and iron for which i am taking tablets now.

When I was sleeping, I was dreaming 49 dreams that seemed so real I almost lost my sanity! :O_o:

Oh i hate those kind of dreams! I still remember when i was a teenager i had a dream that someone was breaking into my Ferrari Testarossa and i actually woke up to look out my window. Then i was disappointed that i didn't have the car and it was just a dream.

Had fun at Toys R Us a few hours ago with little Emma. It wasn't too busy around the bicycle section so we chased each other around that area on tricycles:D I'm not very tall so i grabbed the biggest trike and went for it. :roflmao: i ended up buying a kiddie pool and a few Disney toys for Emma.

Had a good late afternoon and evening, we had some friends over for a BBQ. Our friends brought over their little kids so they can play in our back yard and in the kiddie pool. We had steak, chicken, hot dogs, both potato and ceasar salad and corn on the cob:thumbsup:

My girlfriend got her car today after waiting for just over two weeks:thumbsup: Actually the car arrived at the dealership two days ago but due to miscommunication between sales manager and our salesman, we got the phonecall this morning for the car.

Because it was rush our and Gladie was kind of nervous about driving a manual i drove the car home and she drove my truck. I must say these new Mustangs are not bad. The V6 has plenty of power 300hp mated with 6spd it boogies pretty good!

Got home and it was time for my gf to drive around our neighborhood and around the university. I strapped the lil one into her carseat and off we went. Gladie did alright!, because she had been driving manual with clutch on rFactor for the last few weeks it gave her the basic knowledge to get the feel of driving her car. I really didn't have to give too much instructions except for throttle/clutch modulation off the start. I got Gladie to do some hill stop/starts, stalled a few times and layed a few good patches by mistake:D but all in all did ok:thumbsup: I say a week and Gladie will be driving normally with confidence.

Cool, rFactor was a benefit to Gladie for learning the basics on how to drive a manual and not just for my own enjoyment:thumbsup: Thanks ISI

I dropped my truck off this morning at the tuner shop to have the cam, headers, high flow pipes and cats installed. I also bought a high flow thermostat and a performance chip today. The chip with engine tune programmer combined with everything else should give me a pretty big gain in horsepower. Work is going to take about a week, shop is busy. I hope i get truck back in time for our roadtrip to Alberta. if not i guess we'll take my girlfriends new car.

Im officially on holidays as of today till the end of the month.

I should be getting my truck back from the tuner shop this coming weekend. I'm really looking forward to the gain in horsepower and believe it or not, better fuel economy. The only part that won't be installed at the shop is the catch can that I had ordered because it is not going to arrive by the weekend. I can install that on my own when it does arrive.

Our roadtrip has been canceled. One of our friends that was going with us, his father has fallen seriously ill and decided not to go so all of us that were going made the decision to stay in town. It's not looking good for my friends father and we are fearing the worst and we all want to be by him and his families side if anything were to happen.

I might take my gf and her daughter to the Sunshine Coast for a few days for it is only a few hours away, our roadtrip involved going to another province and it's just too far to rush back from if bad news were to come.

I'm going to go to the dragstrip next weekend to see how the truck does.

Last Monday was the lil ones first day at preschool and she loves it! We enrolled her a bit late but there was still a few openings left so we got her in. It's only three days a week for two hours a day but she gets to learn from others and play with other kids.

On the first day my gf and i stuck around for a bit, as we were about to leave we were saying bye to lil one and she almost ignored us and didn't say bye because she was having so much fun :(

Last Monday was the lil ones first day at preschool and she loves it! We enrolled her a bit late but there was still a few openings left so we got her in. It's only three days a week for two hours a day but she gets to learn from others and play with other kids.

On the first day my gf and i stuck around for a bit, as we were about to leave we were saying bye to lil one and she almost ignored us and didn't say bye because she was having so much fun :(

I hope she grows up to embrace education unlike my fellow 20-something year-olds here in Alabama.

The last few months i've been teaching my girlfriend how to Heel to Toe in her car and she is getting the hang of it :thumbsup:

That is dangerous, man! Why you teaching her that?

On a darker note, a classmate of mine died from drinking heavily and choking on his vomit. He was only 22.

I'm so glad I don't drink alcohol and never had it in my life. I've seen many people die from alcohol, whether it is drunk driving, choking on vomit, or alcohol poisoning.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back