F1 2017 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2017 Gameplay Preview 1.jpg

Have a look at our first thoughts from the upcoming Formula One 2017 videogame, due to release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC this August 25th.

Thanks to having early access to the most highly anticipated Formula One game in the history of the series, RaceDepartment have taken the opportunity to get our hands dirty and give the game a thorough test prior to its public debut later this month.

Taking the McLaren Honda McL32 through its paces in career mode, RaceDepartment's own @Joseph Wright gives us his thoughts on how the game has progressed since 2016 as he has a look at the Practice and R&D sessions, right the way through to the main feature race at the season opening Australian Grand Prix at Albert Park, Melbourne.

Following our run in the modern Grand Prix offering from Woking, we enjoy a quick invitational 'Classics' race using the Renault R26 of Fernando Alonso fame, tempting this historic beast with some gung ho driving as we get under the skin of the fine nuances between these very different cars.

Some technical stuff.

For those of you who are interested, Joseph is using the following equipment and settings during the making of this video -

Game Settings

25% Race Distance (15 Laps)
Simulation Damage
No Flashbacks
Normal Cutting
Full Qualifying

Graphic Settings

F1 2017 Graphics Settings.jpg
F1 2017 Graphics Settings 2.jpg

The Rig

Graphics Card
: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Processor (CPU): Intel® Core™i5 Quad Core Processor i5-6400 (2.7GHz) 6MB Cache
Motherboard: ASUS® Z170-E: ATX, LG1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs
Memory (RAM): 16GB HyperX FURY DDR4 2133MHz (2 x 8GB)
Processor Cooling: Corsair H55 Hydro Cooler w/ PCS Liquid Series Ultra Quiet Fans

Gaming Chair: GT Omega PRO Racing Office Chair - Black Leather
Racing Wheel/Pedals/Gear Shifter: Logitech G29
Headset: Professional Gaming Headphone 7.1 Channel Surround Stereo Customized Noise Cancelling Extreme Base with microphone

Formula One 2017 releases Friday August 25th on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.

F1 2017 Gameplay Preview 2.jpg

If you like your Formula One games then get yourself over to the Formula One 2017 sub forum and join in the discussion! We will be having Club and League racing once the game goes live, mods, car setups, news and chat, all for you to enjoy! Join in, have fun and go discuss!

Did you enjoy our feature video? Looking forward to F1 2017? Want to see more of this type of content? Let us know in the comments section below!

protonv5

@Simberia
Very nice. I really like the immersion of all the behind the scenes stuff. Agent, team manager, mechanics in the garage. Really cool. Other games should have this level of immersion as well. Would love that.

D

Deleted member 205301

• Deleted member 205301

I should assume : I'm a "real sim" fan, so the F1 serie is not what i'm looking for...but....i tried F1 2016 (and 2013 too), and it was fun... So F1 2017 will probably be part of my librairy (one of those we are a bit ashamed to have, lol)
Just a few question from my part : why using this view ? (my english is far from perfect, so If you said in the commentary, I didn't understood) The view was one of the F1 2016 defaut, same for the wheel angle setting... the video didn't show me if it's fixed now.
Seems interesting btw, thx
@++

M-Bimmer

WhAt GoEs ArOuNd CoMeS ArOuNd
Would be nice to have a quick (early) comparison (video?) bw 16 & 17' focusing on what is different if any in R&D, qualy session & practice. My guess is that there is not a huge difference and the classic cars is the reason to pick the game up but i might be wrong.

Why do Crofty and Davidson always ham up their voiceovers in the most wooden and unnatural way possible. Surely codemasters could give them some coaching on how to sound a bit more natural. Not that it really matters in the grand scheme of things but it just bugs me. They would be better to just lift some audio from the real races.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 80 19.2%
  • €151-500

Votes: 116 27.8%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 68 16.3%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 41 9.8%
  • €3001-5000