PC1 RD pcars club?

When do you think this will start happening?

I'm on the east coast USA, so provided a strong netcode I can race fine with people in the UK. I'd would prefer some people from my side of the pond to race with though.

I'm hoping for a decent MP system and I guess we should really be testing it out, since it's in alpha. I'm hoping for a strong netcode like race 07 seems to have, and not something awful and out of sync like codie's f1 series.

Lol @ senad. Im not sure on style of servers but they either have or are close to letting us do pw protected sessions and your can have 60+ n the race. Although we wouldnt want that many, its cool that its not limited to 12 or 16 like consoles. Its definitely not league ready but it could be good for club events as is.

If we can setup our own dedicated servers to host PCARS I dont think its a problem to host races. A few issues though:
- Who is going to run the club?
- Is there already a dedicated server program available?

If its not possible to host races on our own servers and you need to setup and run races via a lobby system would you still want a subforum to setup your races? Just let me know and Ill set it up for you guys as that system has proven to be very successful with F1 2010, 2011 and 2012 and such.

If we can setup our own dedicated servers to host PCARS I dont think its a problem to host races. A few issues though:
- Who is going to run the club?
- Is there already a dedicated server program available?

If its not possible to host races on our own servers and you need to setup and run races via a lobby system would you still want a subforum to setup your races? Just let me know and Ill set it up for you guys as that system has proven to be very successful with F1 2010, 2011 and 2012 and such.

I'm sure at some point a club subforum would be the preferred way to go about it.

I don't think there's enough support currently though. I mostly just started this thread to get a general idea of who here at rd.com is interested in racing clean online.

As it is there's just not enough features in the game to keep things organized. 1 random person joining the lobby could easily ram everyone off the road and ruin it for everyone that's trying to drive fair.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back