RD MX5 Cup - The Series Finale at Brands Hatch GP (LiveStream!)

Ro6 Flyer.jpg

The conclusion of an intense championship on the most scenic circuit in Great Britain.

Five races are behind the drivers, only one is left. The circus moves to Brands Hatch once more, this time to tackle the full GP layout. Three drivers still have a championship claim, with Sakke Leponiemi in the strongest position. The Finn is 11 points clear of 2nd place man Geoffrey Tassenoy and a monumental 23 points ahead of Tobias Röhner in 3rd.

There's still a lot to be decided in the top 10 too. Pierre Cavillon and Tyler Breland are relatively safe in 4th and 5th, but 6th through 11th place in the championship are only 15 points apart. Anything can happen in Mazdas, and it usually does.

Can Sakke negotiate the last stepping stone toward the title? Find out on Sunday!

As always, the race will be brought to you on our twitch channel, accessible on our website's stream page HERE or on Facebook HERE

Spotter Guide:
Spotter Guide R6.jpg

I wish you ALL good luck and a lot of FUN for tonights race. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

And because this is The Series Finale* , don't forget to watch out for our next leagues etc. :) :) :)

:) Can't wait to see what's next ... especially with the Porsche DLC just being round the corner for AC. Personally would love to try Indy or Stock cars. Just have to wait and see what comes along on Sundays. :thumbsup:

Good luck all in tonight's ultimate race!

I don't know where else to post this, but forgive me as it's slightly off topic.

How cool is this. In what I believe is the only twin victory by a single driver in a single make series, Brian Heitcotter took home two separate wins last weekend in the Utah Pirelli World Challenge GT3 event. What's so remarkable? Well, Heitcotter was diddling away on the PS4 just five year ago at the ripe old age of 30. After that he had the good sense to yank himself into the Sony Driver Academy, meant to turn console gamers into professionals. Yes, console gamers are talented. Here is how it went:

"Heitkotter, 35, led every lap in the two GT features this weekend in the PWC Grand Prix presented by Energy Solutions. Heitkotter won his first PWC GT main event on Saturday. Heitkotter, who gained notoriety when he won the Nissan GT Academy scholarship in 2011 on the Gran Turismo 5 video game, vaulted to the lead Sunday from his No. 2 starting spot and never looked back as second place Adderly Fong and third place Patrick Long attempted to apply pressure on the Nissan driver in the middle of the 28-lap, 50-minute GT main event with temperatures reaching near triple digits in the Tooele Valley southwest of Salt Lake City."
http://world-challenge.com/latest/series-news/heitkotter-doubles-gt-sunday-utah-motorsports-campus/

Yea, that's THE Patrick Long in third there. America has a long history of GT racing and, to this day, has tracks that best showcase the grunt and speed of those type of cars. It's all about momentum. In looking over the history of the GT Academy, there has been a winner at LeMans, but it was a group win, in a factory car. Not the same, I'd argue.

It's not like Heitcotter came out of nowhere. Well...um...scratch that...maybe he did. He does not even have a Wiki page, as he races along side Johnny O'Connell (perhaps the best GT racer on earth) and and Patrick Long (who could write a book on LeMans and then write two sequels and still have 100 more stories than anyone else).

And it's not like the Utah track is on the PS4 (or any SIM that I know of). Okay, so that's irrelevant...but my point being...this Heitcotter dude is both "old" and not "been racing since he could pee w/o assistance." There is no *there* there in calling him out. There is no "it's just destiny and we all feel good...like with Senna" there. It's simply...video gamers...can drive. Perhaps you know this. Perhaps some of you are drivers (as was I...sorta). But for many of us who can only dream (at 49)...this is way cool, and confirmation of what we knew all along.

P.S. - You can trot out Lucas Ordonez all you want, but winning a GT300 race in Japan (not even the marquee event) with the driver lineup looking more like a sumo wrestling match than a race, I can't buy it. Lucas' competition (in 2nd and 3rd) in the support series included such juggernauts as Katsuyuki Hiranaka and Björn Wirdheim.

Highlights of Heitcotter's dual wins at Utah:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back