1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RD MX5 Cup - Round 5 Vallelunga Club

Discussion in 'RD MX5 Cup' started by Tobias Röhner, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner
    Germany's greatest Indycar Fan. Staff Premium Member

Ro5 Flyer.jpg

Race Details:
    • Date - Sunday August 14th 2016
    • Circuit - Vallelunga Club
    • Server Name - RACEDEPARTMENT.COM MX5 Cup Ro5
    • Server Password - HERE
    • Skin Pack - HERE
    • Track pack - HERE
    • Live Broadcast - Twitch TV
    Race Schedule:
    • 15:00 GMT - Booking (180 minutes)
    • 18:00 GMT - Free Practice (60 minutes)
    • 19:00 GMT - Qualification (15 minutes)
    • 19:20 GMT - Race (27 laps)
    Server Settings:
    • Automatic Clutch: Yes
    • Traction Control: No
    • ABS: Yes
    • Stability Control: No
    • Damage Multiplier: 10%
    Weather Forecast

Entry List
    1. @Geof (Geoffrey Tassenoy)
    2. @Tobias Röhner
    3. @metaDp (Cyrille Saussey)
    4. @SakL (Sakke Leponiemi)
    5. @BioForce (Christian Schumann)
    6. @Norman Bruce
    7. @Andrew Harper
    8. @speedyx56 (Pierre Cavillon)
    9. @RippedXFuel (Henrik Heide)
    10. @Queequeg (Gabriel Sterr)
    11. @Alessandro Di Domenicantonio
    12. @Marco Waechter
    13. @Craig Patteson
    14. @Paul Jeffrey
    15. @Frank (Frank Van Oeveren)
    16. @Paul Blythe
    17. @Nave (Evan Marion)
    18. @tylargh (Tyler Breland)
    19. @Dinca Andrei
    20. @saxoross (Ross Downing)
    21. @Bazooka_Joe (Radek Milcarz)
    22. @PaulH (Paul Hurlow)
    23. @Artur Czarnecki
    24. @Sunny Sky Speed (Jurgen Van Den Noortgate)
    25. @Davy Vandevenne
    26. Commentator
    27. Commentator
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner

Whatever's gonna happen here...
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Andrew

Global Moderator Staff Premium Member

Well Tobias...a spotterguide maybe...oh wait...there he is. :p:rolleyes::p
    Spotter Guide R5.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  4. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner

I knew I missed sth :p
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Bazooka_Joe

Best of the worst, sometimes worst of the worst. Premium Member

Managed to get some practice laps and get my PB in race with AI down to 0:56.716 and was consistently running ~0:57 (see screenshot). Not sure if I can keep such pace for the whole race on Sunday since I've run nearly a quarter of a whole duration (and I'm already knackered), but it sounds fairly promising initially.
    It's so easy to make a mistake there (hello raised curbs!) so I doubt I can drive faultlessly for the entire duration but gonna try to stay out of the way of faster drivers.
    I've not been able to practice blue flag procedures in this cup yet, and hopefully won't interrupt the fight at the front (or any other fight to be honest). Perhaps there will be an opportunity to practice this prior to the race as it will be definitely a huge factor for the front runners.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

Oh yes, I've lots of encounters with those so far. Thanks heavens this isn't real. I'd have run out of alloys by now...
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. RippedXFuel

Premium Member

... and spinal discs probably ....:O_o:
    • Haha Haha x 2
  8. 10phillyphan

Dylan Coyle Staff

It's a shame that this will be the last race I'll be announcing for the series, as I will be at at an Indycar race next Sunday. Really looking forward to it tomorrow. I'm going to miss this so much :( Really hoping that I can get help to get rFactor 2 to announce leagues with, as I am short on funds for the time being right now.
    • Love Love x 1
    • Sad Sad x 1
  9. saxoross

Premium Member

Hi Tobias,

It's likely I'm not going to make tonights race. It's going to be close if I'm going to be back in time.

Gutted as it looks like it will be a fun race!

• Sad Sad x 2
  10. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Guys, my internet is down atm, furiously working @ fixing it as we speak. I'll try not to be too late to the race. Ffs. Sorry folks. No idea what's up
    • Sad Sad x 2
  11. 10phillyphan

Dylan Coyle Staff

@Lorenzo Bonder What time are you aiming to come into TS3? No rush, just at least in 30 minutes haha
    • Haha Haha x 1
  12. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

Managed to fit in about 75 practise laps before tonight but didn't make much difference. Apologies for getting sideways in front of the group for second and third. Changed down to second and the rear just came round.

I was getting in the way so just decided to park.
  13. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner

Any reports and incidents you guys might have, send them to me. I'd encourage you guys to resolve any differences via PM though, unless it's really major.
  14. Paul Blythe

Paul Blythe
    Premium Member

Thanks everyone, quite happy with tonight's race. Made one or two mistakes, forgetting to blip the throttle on down shifts, putting it sideways. Saved most of them, but lost a few places when I finally span out :rolleyes:

Achievement of the race for me... not being lapped by Sakke, though it was close :)
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Bazooka_Joe

Best of the worst, sometimes worst of the worst. Premium Member

This was a real test of blue flag behaviour for me and managed to do it mostly fine except @tylargh managed to find himself in my boot when I slowed down to get out of his way. I took it to the outside on the second turn hoping you'll finish the pass before I'll be back on the racing line. That wasn't the case - sorry! Hope you've lost little there.

I've spun once only closer to the end of the race but luckily went out of @SakL 's way to the gravel trap. I think @Tobias Röhner and @Geof managed a safe pass then too before I've rejoined.

Well done to @SakL for those ultra-fast laps and others for a good race (despite the fact that I had to get out of the way most of it!).
  16. Nave

Premium Member

Best results for me , was a nice race :) sorry for the little bump on the T1 at lap 1
  17. SakL

Black flagged in a club race! Premium Member

Great race guys. A big thanks to the lapped drivers, this kind of professional behaviour is what sets RD racing apart :thumbsup:
    • Like Like x 6
  18. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

Out of curiosity. Craig had more internet issues last night and I understand he decided to drop out of the race.

Normally his ping is about 50-60 and mine is 70-80.

I did get some warping during qualifying (and decided to quit out anyway before I caught someone).

Did anyone else experience problems?

I can try a few things on Craig's PC but sudden high Ping (Craig said he reached around 2000) is not always the PC but can be the ISP as well.
  19. Tobias Röhner

Tobias Röhner

He didn't decide to quit, he got disconnected as far as I know. I hear that Win10 and Assetto Corsa aren't always the best of friends, but I don't know if that would have any effect on network performance and connection.
  20. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium Member

Yeah it's odd. I'm on Windows 10 as well and in all the racing I've done in the last year and a bit I've never had any issues. If I do it's usually because unfortunately I can't have a wired connection to the router.

Craig's router is near his PC though so he has a wired connection.

I can downgrade his PC back to Windows 7 if he likes though.

I can try a few things first and see how it goes.