RD Moto-Manager - Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasha Jednak

Sasa Jednak
Hello dear racers and managers, here we go with some two wheel action in new Motorcycle Racing Manager Forum game, exclusive only for Race Department.

SIGN-UP is always opened. There will be 3 pre-season races, and first won't start before 14th January.

One important update. You won't need to pay for anything in pre-season races. You can use whatever you wish in those races, limited to your suppliers. And your rider will use 1st of 5 engines in 1st race of the season.

Now to start, first take short time to read description below and ask if you have any doubts (as I've lost my description file so now writing this by memory).:ninja: Then, if you wish to try, make post with following format:
Team Name:
Engine:
Chassis:
Tyre:
Rider1:
Rider2:
Rider3:
Sponsor bids - send 3 sponsor bids through private message.

All new teams will get 5mil to start with.

RACING
Race weekend consists of practice, qualifying and race sessions. Each rider can have up to 5 laps in practice. So in practice session you need to send fuel amount, tyre compound and pace for each rider and for each lap. You also need to state if you are using new or old engine, tyres and chassis. There will be 2-4 days to send this and then I will post results for each lap. In qualifying there is only one lap and you need to send fuel amount, tyre compound and pace for each rider and also to state if using new or old engine, tyres, chassis. You will have 2-3 days after practice results to send your commands and then I will post quali results. Then you need to send your race commands, for ease of use please use format below:
Rider: new/old engine, tyres, chassis, fuel amount, pace1, pace2, lap1, lap2
You have 2 days after quali results to send your race commands and than I will simulate the race and post results a day after.

PACES
Paces are number 1 to 10, only whole numbers, so 1.3 is not valid pace.

RACE COMMANDS
Your rider will race using pace1 through whole race, except between laps lap1 and lap2. FOr example, if for 20 lap race your commands are:
Rossi: old engine, soft tyres, old chassis, 15lit fuel, 3, 9, 15, 18;
Rossi will race at pace 3 until lap 15, than he will race 4 laps at pace 9 and last 2 laps again at pace 3.

POINTS SYSTEM
MotoGP point system will be used:
Point system.png

TEAM DATA
Current money is what you have at the moment, sponsor money is maximum that you can get from sponsor. It is only needed that your "current money" is bigger than "total to pay" at the end of season. Please let me know if I have missed something, I'll try to update this table every 1-2 days before season start. Multiple teams can have same sponsor. Money and goal will be shown when everyone get their sponsors.
TeamData.png

RACES
Pre-season racec:
1) Sachsenring - 30 laps
2) Silverstone - 20 laps
3) Argentina - 25 laps
First season will have first 12 races from 2015 MotoGP calendar.
Calendar.png

SPONSORS
Sponsors are divided in 3 groups based on money and their expectations. In order to get 100% of money, you need 1/2 or 2/3 riders to meet the goal. Otherwise, number of positions that second rider is below goal take 2% of the prize. For example: sponsor goal is 1-3 and money is 7mil, 1st rider is 2nd but 2nd rider is 6th. So prize is 100%-(6-3)*2%=94% and you get 6.58mil.
Also, sponsors have different relationship with engine suppliers, at the start all sponsors have same relationship with all engine suppliers. Each win, podium or meet goal increase relationship while everything else decreases it.
Sponsors.png

END OF SEASON

At the end of season all teams will get the prize money, total prize money will be calculated after the last race since it depends on number of teams.

Prize money:
1) 22.5 millions are divided between 9 teams, per position in final Constructors standing
PrizeMoney.png

2) 22.5 millions are divided between 9 teams, in reverse order of money taken from sponsor. AI teams will be last 2 here.
PrizeMoney.png

Engine, tyre and chassis suppliers, as well as available riders are posted in second post.

Q&A
What if I miss to send commands for qualification/practice?
Your riders will use parts from previous session/race and they will be refueled to 10lit.
Hm, 5mil is just enough for one good rider. Or are they paid at the end of the season, so that sponsor money can be used as well? You must pay for your riders and everything else by the end of the season.
Is sponsor payment per race, or for the final position(s) in the WDC? Sponsor's payment is at the end of the season.
Engine supplier says payment before 1st race, is that also at the end of the season then going by your post above? Yes, all payments are added to team total, and they can be payed at any point before next season.
Do engine/chassis/tyres have to be bought extra for each driver? E.g. 1 year engine contract gives me 5 units, which I then have to split among my drivers (if I have more than one)? You are getting units for each rider. Although price in table is for single unit (for one rider).
Tyre costs are 15k per race then (i.e. 3 sets à 5k, 4th for free)? Yes
Driver Overall isn't just speed, but combined speed, tyre efficiency etc.? Yes, Overall is average of all riders skills: speed, braking, cornering, overtaking, defending, fuel usage, tyre useage, car/chassis usage.
When/where do I have to state length of contract with the rider, as it says up to 3 years? Just write years next to riders name. Riders are good people they will accept everything now, except less money
Do we get prize money for race finishes, or is the only income sponsor money? There are no prizes per race, only sponsor money at the end of the season. However, it is possible that sponsor will offer you to get prizes per race and not at the end of the season.
Values for sponsors in table are just base, they can be more strict or more lenient.
The rider salaries etc. are they per race or per season? Salary is per season.

Last edited:
TRAINER
You can train your riders by hiring a trainer. At the moment, you can hire 1 trainer for all riders. The tariner will increase chance for 3 random skills (each time they can be different).
There are also some people that should finish the school in the middle of the season and they will have expertize for specific skills.

Trainer costs 50000 per race.

ENGINE SUPPLIERS
1 year contract with supplier gives you 5 engine units for the price of 4 units, for each of your riders. Payment amount for this is added to your team total for paying, so if you change supplier mid-season you still need to pay this to old supplier. While to new supplier you must pay for each used their unit until the end of that season.
You can pay for additional units during season. You can't sign multpiple years contract at the moment.
- After you switch to new engine for rider, you can't use the old one anymore.
UPGRADE:
- Engine supplier which doesn't supply any team will upgrade their engine after each race.
- Engine suppliers which supply at least 1 team will upgrade engine after each 3 races.
- Engine supplier whose top rider is lowest in race will upgrade their engine after that race (example: race results are Ducati, Honda, Yamaha, Yamaha, Ducati, Honda; Since Yamaha is 3rd, they get the upgrade)
NOTE: Honda is fastest. Aprillia consumes less fuel. Ducati is most reliable.
Engines.png

CHASSIS
You are paying for each used chassis, you can change chassis supplier between races. You can't change chassis supplier more than 2 times during the season.
- After you switch to new chassis for rider, you can't use the old one anymore.
UPGRADE: All chassis suppliers will upgrade their chassis after each 3 races.
NOTE: Kalex is a bit more fragile. FTR is a bit faster.
Chassis.png

TYRES
You are signing 1 year contract with supplier and you are paying it per race. For each race you will get 2 soft and 2 hard compounds and you will pay for 3 of those, for each of your riders.
If you change supplier mid-season you must pay 50% to old supplier for all races until the end of season.
- After you switch to new tyres for rider, you can't use the old set anymore that weekend.
UPGRADE: All tyre suppliers will upgrade their tyres after each 2 races.
NOTE: Dunlop is faster but also wears out faster. Both suppliers have soft and hard compounds.
Tyres.png

RIDERS
Riders age with each passing season. At some point they will start to lose their skills. Before each season there will be couple of new young riders, age of 20. Here is list of currently available riders with their age, skill and salary. Since program generated this by taking random riders form bigger list, you can change name of your rider as long as it is not in this list. You can sign rider for up to 3 years.
Riders.png

Championship Standings
ConstructorStanding.png

Riders standing

RiderStanding.png

Riders stats (used engines, chassis)
DriverStats.png

Last edited:
Great to see this game is beginning!
But i have a small request: Could you attach image files directly to the forum? I can't see the images as imgur is banned in my country, and i refrain from using VPNs as they messed up things for me in the past. Not even changing URLs of "imgur" to "filmot" works.

Provisional entry, might change depending on starting budget info

Team Name:
BRT
Engine: Ducati
Chassis: FTR
Tyre: Bridgestone
Rider1: Wataru Yoshikawa -> change to Casey Stoner, 3 years

Last edited:
Hm, 5mil is just enough for one good rider. Or are they paid at the end of the season, so that sponsor money can be used as well? Probably not I guess, will have to adjust my entry.
You must pay for your riders and everything else by the end of the season. There will be two columns, total amount that team needs to pay for the season and current amount of payed money, in TEAM DATA table.

how is Marquez so bad :confused:

let's reserve a place here shall we
Team Name: Arrows Grand Prix International
Engine: Ducati
Chassis: I'll think of this
Tyre: Bridgestone
Rider1: Marco Simoncelli
other two will wait
Sponsor bids - send 3 sponsor bids through private message. (this will wait aswell)

may change with starting budget changes but a provisional entry just to reserve things

Last edited:
You must pay for your riders and everything else by the end of the season. There will be two columns, total amount that team needs to pay for the season and current amount of payed money, in TEAM DATA table.
I see. Will have to do some calculations before I update my entry.

Questions:
- is sponsor payment per race, or for the final position(s) in the WDC?
- engine supplier says payment before 1st race, is that also at the end of the season then going by your post above?
- do engine/chassis/tyres have to be bought extra for each driver? E.g. 1 year engine contract gives me 5 units, which I then have to split among my drivers (if I have more than one)?
- tyre costs are 15k per race then (i.e. 3 sets à 5k, 4th for free)?

And for clarification
-engine (e.g. Ducati) costs 200k per unit, 1 year contract means I have to pay 4x200k=800k for which I get 5 units. I can buy additional ones during season for 200k per unit.

Questions:
- is sponsor payment per race, or for the final position(s) in the WDC?
- engine supplier says payment before 1st race, is that also at the end of the season then going by your post above?
- do engine/chassis/tyres have to be bought extra for each driver? E.g. 1 year engine contract gives me 5 units, which I then have to split among my drivers (if I have more than one)?
- tyre costs are 15k per race then (i.e. 3 sets à 5k, 4th for free)?

And for clarification
-engine (e.g. Ducati) costs 200k per unit, 1 year contract means I have to pay 4x200k=800k for which I get 5 units. I can buy additional ones during season for 200k per unit.
Nice, just what I noticed while adding your team: :)
1) Sponsor's payment is at the end of the season. It is low in order to avoid having 3 champions in the team.:sneaky:
2) Yes, all payments are added to team total, and they can be payed at any point before next season.
3) Added in engine and tyres description, you are getting units for each rider. Although price in table is for single unit (for one rider).
4) Yes, that is correct.
5) Yes, you are paying 800k for each rider for 1 season. So for 3 riders you need to pay 2400k.

Nice, just what I noticed while adding your team: :)
1) Sponsor's payment is at the end of the season. It is low in order to avoid having 3 champions in the team.:sneaky:
2) Yes, all payments are added to team total, and they can be payed at any point before next season.
3) Added in engine and tyres description, you are getting units for each rider. Although price in table is for single unit (for one rider).
4) Yes, that is correct.
5) Yes, you are paying 800k for each rider for 1 season. So for 3 riders you need to pay 2400k.
1) good point
3) so 3 bike team with Ducati would cost me 3x4x200k, and give 5 units for each rider.

and what is the starting budget?
Probably missed the answer as it's been asked a couple of times :D

edit: nvm just found it. But look below

oh and another question. Driver Overall isn't just speed, but combined speed, tyre efficiency etc.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back