RD MINI Challenge 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some questions, as I cannot find this information:

How will qualifying work? Can we just do 1 lap of the GP track and start the lap that way? What will the session length be? Will it be held at night?

The start is standing? If so, how does that work regarding the cones (which are in the way for most grid slots on the right hand side)?

How does pitting work? Do you have to do a whole lap of the GP track and pit or can you pit using the cones? Can you do either (should you smash your car up on the first lap of the GP track for example)

When exactly will the headlight mod be released?

How will the live incident report process work? Do we have a set period of time to review a replay (and by extension, an incident) as you state that you will be going through incidents immediately after the race? And will you make decisions "on the fly" so to speak (should you see an incident on the broadcast, for example)?

I am assuming here that it will be broadcasted, is that the case or no?

Happy New Year :)

At first I was like: whoa 2.4 hrs of Nordschleife, I will be definitely in :D but now I am sad that I already have another race (24 hrs karting in Leipzig) on that weekend :( any chance of being at the test race despite not taking part in the main event?

Marco Bijl im still getting this connection drop after 2 or 3 laps. My game is completley unchangined from the day it was installed. I haven't had any issuses offline with the track or had any problems on others servers running different tracks.

Replay's are turned off, do you have or does anyone have any other suggestions what it could be.

Marco Bijl im still getting this connection drop after 2 or 3 laps. My game is completley unchangined from the day it was installed. I haven't had any issuses offline with the track or had any problems on others servers running different tracks.

Replay's are turned off, do you have or does anyone have any other suggestions what it could be.

not got a suggestion because I'm a thick f***, but ill be back home tonight so will join u for a test if u want and see if i have the problem too or if the problem persists

Toby Davis
To many questions, and I can't answer them all without firing the game up. As I am at work now, and do not have the game here, I can't answer them all. Will get back to you on that tonight I hope.

Michael Braeutigam,
Not sure if we can do that. Depends on a few other factors as well.
But we will run more of this kind of events in the future :)

Dan Allinson and Jimi Hughes,
I will set up 2 different servers tonight. RD_Test_1 and RD_Test_2.
Please log in to the Test_1 first. If you get disconnected, try the Test_2. Will run them both with different config settings, to see if we vcan find the issue.

Ic3p3ak Racing

Jesper Toolbox and Michella Bellenda. :)
740674_10200181401836281_1552259418_o.jpg

Livery: Erik Tveit
Screenshot: Jesper Taulborg

Toby Davis
To many questions, and I can't answer them all without firing the game up. As I am at work now, and do not have the game here, I can't answer them all. Will get back to you on that tonight I hope.
Would be nice to know for sure, some of them are needed for preparation purposes ;)

Another question - will the damage be set at 100% or are you gunna be nice to us and decrease a smidge?

Hey guys, I am sorry. Was so tired last night, I did not fire the PC anymore.
Dan Allinson and Jimi Hughes,
Both servers are running RACDEPARTMENT.COM TEST and RACEDEPARTMENT.COM 24Hr. Please let me know if you find any difference between the 2, so I can eliminate some things.

Toby Davis,
Yes, you can and are allowed to cut in to the right, on to pit straight in qualification. You can also do it on a timed hotlap. Anyone caught doing that, will be heavily punished! Details about pitlane entry, qualification and stuff like that, will follow, and be explained in detail in the drivers breefing on TS.

To answer 2 questions at once,
gsc2013010321533439.jpg

As you can see, in the race session, there are no cones. This means both entry to the pitlane is enabled, and no problems with the cones during start of the race.

The mod will be released together with the skinpack. It's 1 zip file to install.
The headlight mod itself, as a seperate mod, will be publicly released after the event.

The incident report thing is not relevant to your pratice now, so I will come back to that later. I have a busy weekend coming up so need to go offline and do stuff. We will explain the incident reporting in more detail later.

There will be a broadcast for this event. Arrangements have been made, so that should be alright.

Damage... thats a tricky question you made there, playing on me being nice :p. But, as I am glad the holidays are over, so I do no longer need to be mister nice guy all the time, I do need to say that auto assumption is 100%, as with all our events. After all, we are simracers right ;) Will have some talk about it between staff. In principle 100%, unless we have some overaged christmas spirit left :).

I have replied to individual sections in red.
Toby Davis,
Yes, you can and are allowed to cut in to the right, on to pit straight in qualification. You can also do it on a timed hotlap. Anyone caught doing that, will be heavily punished! Details about pitlane entry, qualification and stuff like that, will follow, and be explained in detail in the drivers breefing on TS.
Just to check, we will get that info prior to having to attend the TS briefing, right?

To answer 2 questions at once,
gsc2013010321533439.jpg

As you can see, in the race session, there are no cones. This means both entry to the pitlane is enabled, and no problems with the cones during start of the race.
No problem, never crossed my mind to check it in race as I assumed, wrongly, that you couldn't change objects between sessions. You still didn't answer my question though, is it a standing or rolling start?

The mod will be released together with the skinpack. It's 1 zip file to install.
The headlight mod itself, as a seperate mod, will be publicly released after the event.
We get 3 days to test Nurburgring at night, before the test event? OK, no worries, although it would have been nice to get it sooner in order to prepare a little more but I understand the reasons why it's better to have one update rather than separating out the two.
Is it (it being the headlight mod), by any chance, based on or in fact this actual mod for the Minis: http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=36578 ?

The incident report thing is not relevant to your pratice now, so I will come back to that later. I have a busy weekend coming up so need to go offline and do stuff. We will explain the incident reporting in more detail later.

There will be a broadcast for this event. Arrangements have been made, so that should be alright.

Damage... thats a tricky question you made there, playing on me being nice :p. But, as I am glad the holidays are over, so I do no longer need to be mister nice guy all the time, I do need to say that auto assumption is 100%, as with all our events. After all, we are simracers right ;) Will have some talk about it between staff. In principle 100%, unless we have some overaged christmas spirit left :).
No worries - doesn't affect me that much but since I like to do laps with damaged cars sometimes to get a feel for how they react, it would be nice to have a definitive answer soon. :)

Just because I know how much you like questions Marco Bijl, here's another ;)

I'm guessing that image is just a random one to show the cones not being there in the race, and that the '"auto pit lane disallowed" is nothing to do with any of the settings for the 2.4h race? Because otherwise I am going to have to invest in some sort of catheter for the race in lieu of a toilet break!

Just because I know how much you like questions Marco Bijl, here's another ;)

I'm guessing that image is just a random one to show the cones not being there in the race, and that the '"auto pit lane disallowed" is nothing to do with any of the settings for the 2.4h race? Because otherwise I am going to have to invest in some sort of catheter for the race in lieu of a toilet break!

Faggot Bladder ^^^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline