Status
Not open for further replies.
Some new screenshots as well.

gsc2012122623051366.jpg

gsc2012122623062483.jpg

gsc2012122720501816.jpg

gsc2012122623095371.jpg

minigreenhell3.jpg

Welcome to the Skinning thread of the RDMCC 2.4 Hr Nürburgring event. Details about the skins will be posted in this thread.

For the skins for this event, a template has been created and released. Please all use this template as a base for creating your custom skins. The logo's in the template are mandatory. An example of the logos:
gsc2012122821305197.jpg

To get the template, click here

All finished skins need to be uploaded to the Download section of Racedepartment, and the link must be send to Marco Bijl via PM. All skins will be gathered, and put in 1 skinpack, which will be distributed. When installing the skinpack, you automaticaly get the working light mod installed as well, as that's incorporated in the skinpack.
All custom skins delivered in the pack will be useable, and having them installed will not cause any mismatches. Offcourse, you can only use them online, if they are installed at the server side.

More information about the skinning will follow soon.

In your case, I think it's more easy to do it the other way around :) Change the Mini Challenge logo. Open both of the .PSD files, and simply drag and drop the RD version of the banner onto your own window file.

Other option is to add it onto the window. Just make sure to add it into the ALPHA layer as well, to make it non-transparant.

I seperated the thread from the media thread, since this is becomming more about skinning now :)

In the template file, 3 files where present. Mini_body speaks for itself.
The mini_windows and mini_windshield are for the windows. The first one is for the side windows. If you open it, there are several important layers in it. To add the number in it, first make a new layer. Then place the numbers in that layer, in the color WHITE! You can do the same with any name's if you'd like.

Next you have to make it non-transparent. To do this, select the numbers (CTRL Click on the layer you have made them in), and go to the ALPHA layers. There you will see 5 layers, the RGB layers, and 1 ALPHA layer. Select the ALPHA layer, and paint the selection from the numbers WHITE. White is non-transparant, black is full transparant. Select a shade of gray to get semi-transparancy.

The Windshield file does not need editing, as its the outside view of the front window. Just make a .dds from the PSD file, so you can use it. This is not mandatory, as I have a default one here to use.

Just a quick question on numbers, sorry if i have missed the information somewhere... Are we all choosing numbers again once the final entry list has been posted like we did in previous leagues?

I only ask because i have the very rare opportunity to run as number 1, something which may not be fortunate enough to do again!

We are not going to use unique numbers this time Jimi. So put on what you want. This is a one-off race, so I would not put to much time and effort in the skin. Afterall, it will be used for 2.4 hours only :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 337 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 228 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%