RD MINI Challenge 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Toby like said it went perfectly according to schedule. Start time of the race is and was 19:00 GMT.

We didnt made anything go from qualy to race as the game does that automatically and as a fellow league organizer you are very well aware of that Toby.
Bradley,
As explained right after the test event last week, the warmup was not set for that race. Anyone who was on TS, has heard that I checked, and confirmed that.
Therefore, nobody knew that the warmup was overlapped be longrunning qualifiers.

As the race started 4 minutes late already, and returning in sessions it is not possible in the game, a restart of the race or weekend is all that can be done, We choose not to, as we never restart. Things don't restart in the real world either.

I wondered where the broadcast was...

Thing is, when in quali, drivers dont usually check the clock, they check the time left in the current session. And with the OP stating there will be 10 minutes of warm-up, drivers were obviously expecting this.

Shame. I was looking forward to watching this. :(
Broadcast was cancelled by SimRace.tv. Was out of our hands, and done on the last moment. We could not setup or arrange anything else. We are gutted about that as well.....

Toby Davis,
I am not going to reply to all your complaints in detail, but after reading the post several times, I have to conclude that you are overreacting.
The info thread was in place all the time. The questions you had where, as far as the answer was related to practice, answered really quick. All information was supplied in the briefing, except for the missing warmup.

Yes, that was a fault. We had no warmup set (not intentional) during the test race. Then we would have known.
So hereby a public sorry to all who where affected by this. We did not know, and had not anticipated this. Sorry.

Yep and because one driver crossed the line before the checkered flag he is allowed to complete his lap, just like last week in the test race but a lap here is 10 minutes. In those 10 minutes people cant exit the pitlane anymore and can have a pee break or a smoke.

The race time however was still according to schedule. 19:00 pm just as planned/scheduled and tested during the test event.

But what about the people who were doing laps for those 10 minutes getting the most out of the session? Who were planning on getting a break during those warmup. You can't argue that the race went 'to schedule', the schedule says there is a 10 minute warmup....

The schedule also said the race would start at 19 which it did. Not saying it went flawlessly as all the bad things always come at once. If one driver crossed the line three seconds later you would have had a perfect warmup session. Just bad luck really and for next time if people don't know the game that well we surely will emphasize on it.

But thats not the point really. The point is that people go beserk with a minor setback and start to use their own rules and therefor messing it up for all the others as well.

No typed chat means no typed chat. We are all in TS for a reason and I am pretty much open to any discussion before, during and after the race. If people want to discuss racing issues they know the door is always open. But i don't want to read and respond to some things posted here and in the chat as its sad to see the secondary emotions deliberately put in a post.

Toby Davis,
I am not going to reply to all your complaints in detail, but after reading the post several times, I have to conclude that you are overreacting.
The info thread was in place all the time. The questions you had where, as far as the answer was related to practice, answered really quick. All information was supplied in the briefing, except for the missing warmup.

Yes, that was a fault. We had no warmup set (not intentional) during the test race. Then we would have known.
So hereby a public sorry to all who where affected by this. We did not know, and had not anticipated this. Sorry.
..and no-one was told... no-one knew...
What do you want? Me going on my knees, begging for forgiveness? Come on Bradley :).

i actually had fun,even do i crashed several times,had nice fights and hard concentrating to bring down the gaps i had, it was a test for me and for the team and we are glad that we did decent.
Congrats to the flawless guys on the podium and congrats to everyone that finished.
I need to say sorry to mr. Garry Lenon as it seems i closed/cut across him on the second corner first lap,i could not see him at all with my bonnet cam,i am really sorry and i will take any penalty that i deserve.
To the guys with the complains if all the people tried not to cross the line for a "hotlap" when there is less then 1min,so the game has to wait for them ,it's logical that those 10min can't be compressed in time and space to have them so the race will start at the mentioned hour.And when it changes session it clearly says RACE.well we will always have "them"
Thank you RD for great work,to bad for the broadcast

Congrats for the win and well done podium.:thumbsup:
I also feel sorry for this mess since it was put so much hard work in it from organizers and drivers....This must be redone as a bonus race after the end of the season,who can also count as points.We can do this again,if organizers agree.:coffee:
This time there will be no misunderstandings.
Thanks to C.Bogdan for inviting me in to the team,great boys,also thanks to everyone involved in this event.:)

Thank you to everyone who showed up, and thank you to the organizers. It was good fun despite the mix up at the start. Can't believe i actually finished lol, tyres were shredded at the end, despite making 2 pit stops lol. Had some nice CLEAN battles with some of you, appreciate the friendliness/competitiveness. Hope we get to do this again :) Thank you to Kevin McDonald for teaming up with me, had good fun racing with you over the past few weeks. See you guys next time out:thumbsup:

Thank you to everyone who showed up, and thank you to the organizers. It was good fun despite the mix up at the start. Can't believe i actually finished lol, tyres were shredded at the end, despite making 2 pit stops lol. Had some nice CLEAN battles with some of you, appreciate the friendliness/competitiveness. Hope we get to do this again :) Thank you to Kevin McDonald for teaming up with me, had good fun racing with you over the past few weeks. See you guys next time out:thumbsup:
Right back at you Xavier :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back