RD Le Mans Series Season 5 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that it will take some time until a next VWEC season will start. Am I correct admins and organisers?

If that's the case, maybe a in between race? What would be cool is a 6/8(or 12, or 24:cool:) hour race with 40+ same class cars. The recently released Le Mans would be very suited for the job IMO.

What say you? Isn't the itch going away? Do you(as i do) still hunger for an amazing endurance event?

Like my post if you agree!;)

It seems that it will take some time until a next VWEC season will start. Am I correct admins and organisers?

If that's the case, maybe a in between race? What would be cool is a 6/8(or 12, or 24:cool:) hour race with 40+ same class cars. The recently released Le Mans would be very suited for the job IMO.

What say you? Isn't the itch going away? Do you(as i do) still hunger for an amazing endurance event?

Like my post if you agree!;)
I know that a one off event is planned before the next VWEC. Still can't wait either. Had some fun in VWSR 35 as a reserve driver, but the commitment and team work, that is required for VWEC is just awesome.

Do you mean the URD payware mod? I tested the Corvette, which is free, because we were thinking about joining another rF2 endurance series, but the car is not that great. It looks good and everything don't get me wrong, but the feel you get through the wheel is way beyond was the ISI content provides. It is more rF1 level and allows so much driving mistakes.
I run it first on Bahrain and than jumped into the ISI Corvette and it does require a much more clean driving style and provides a much better feel through the frontend plus FPS with a lot of AI's were not great.

Sorry for the long statement, but it just makes me sad, that I now know to endurance series, that either use content, which is made to be super easy, so people enjoy it or they are messing around with the ISI tyres, aerodynamics etc. If we are already driving rF2, I want to get the best physics experience and not the best looking or most easy to drive:thumbsdown:

Also had some fun jumping in last season but 1,5 day preparations was a bit on the short side of things to do a really good job.

Had great fun doing endurance on Silverstone last season. It was raining of course as always ;) It´s easier on the computer nowadays also.

I hope it´s scheduled so I could possible race :)

5 classes seem a bit much may be to much lapping and to little racing. Personally I would preferr the option of having more teams to race with rather fewer series and more cars to choose from within the same. GT1, GT 2 and GT 4 like last year was a pretty good line up I felt.

David O'Reilly

A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.
Yes Gil I would love to race soon as poss.
There is a bit of a build up of drivers appearing in the GT3 Club scene.
Maybe we can start to talk.

A simple approach:
2 hour race. ( allows one driver)
ISI cars as per VWEC
3 Classes? GT1 GT2 GT4
Mixed weather
1 or 2 drivers per car (more cars).
Spa ( always mixed weather)

Yes Gil I would love to race soon as poss.
There is a bit of a build up of drivers appearing in the GT3 Club scene.
Maybe we can start to talk.

A simple approach:
ISI cars as per VWEC
3 Classes? GT1 GT2 GT4
Mixed weather
I would love that basically a VWEC racing club. That would allow us to test new tracks and with two hours you are in no need for a driver swap. If most of the last years teams join as single drivers plus some new guys will join in, we could easily end up with 40+ drivers on the grid.
If we do some advertising here and on the landing page, it could be a lot of fun.

David O'Reilly

I would love that basically a VWEC racing club. That would allow us to test new tracks and with two hours you are in no need for a driver swap. If most of the last years teams join as single drivers plus some new guys will join in, we could easily end up with 40+ drivers on the grid.
If we do some advertising here and on the landing page, it could be a lot of fun.
Exactly.
In fact we could run a VWEC Endurance Club Race on the same track as GT3 Club the week before or after the GT3 race.
So this fortnight we would do Spa 2 hrs in Endurance and Spa 45 mins in GT3. Loving it.
Server up for both classes to practice at the same time. More cars/ppl on the server! Now we are taking synergy of efforts.

Daiman Patel

rFactor 2 Technical Assistant
A simple approach:
ISI cars as per VWEC
3 Classes? GT1 GT2 GT4
Mixed weather

I can look into organising this, with Dennis, as this is exactly what we were planning to do anyway, just not immediately. However, if there's interest then we can start to look at setting this up within the next few weeks :thumbsup: (...and maybe @Stefan Woudenberg will give us a sneak peek at his awesome looking Lotus LMP)! :roflmao:

I can look into organising this, with Dennis, as this is exactly what we were planning to do anyway, just not immediately. However, if there's interest then we can start to look at setting this up within the next few weeks :thumbsup: (...and maybe @Stefan Woudenberg will give us a sneak peek at his awesome looking Lotus LMP)! :roflmao:
That would be great and I think it will be good for the VWEC organizers, because we are testing the tracks with a big grid (hopefully) and we see which tracks provide good races and which aren't suited for VWEC.

David O'Reilly

Liking the way this is heading guys.

Frederick is right too about testing/feedback re tracks.
Also the cars. We could quite easily while we are doing the 2 hr endurance race include the GT3 Mod and see how it works out.
The 2 hr races "VWEC LIGHT" would be a good marketing/recruiting tool for among others the gt3 Club drivers. (Same track as that weeks race and maybe the car will be eligible too)

Hi all

Im very new in here, but Im looking for a place to race endurance, fx in GT or LMP2 class.
Also a place that are as realistic as possible about it, I mean drives like it costs money to crash, and respects others!...
Is this the place, and how do I get started?

Best regards
Michael

Hi all

Im very new in here, but Im looking for a place to race endurance, fx in GT or LMP2 class.
Also a place that are as realistic as possible about it, I mean drives like it costs money to crash, and respects others!...
Is this the place, and how do I get started?

Best regards
Michael
First of all you need to apply for a license
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/read-this-first.43576/
After that you can join some club races, which is always a good place to find a team for the leauges here:
http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/forums/rfactor-2-racing-club.75/

It does not cost money to crash, but there were strict penalties last year and respect is very important and at least I experienced very clean and fair driving in my 8 hours of race time last season.
Can't wait for the 2014 season, but still no info on that :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 90 19.2%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.1%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 9.0%