RD Le Mans Series Season 4 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to all class winners and class championship winners :thumbsup:.

I'm happy with our 24H class win in GT2 and off course happy with winning the GT2 championship. Like Robin said before, we had a strong team lineup and our only goal was to win the 24H in GT2 and secure the GT2 championship. Our GT1 entry was not so lucky, but they will be back next season and try again.

Thank you to the organisers of this competition (Marcel, Marco, Yoeri, Bram...and the ones I forget) and see you all next season. :)

What i liked:

In this season i really liked the rejoining function, i think it made possible for much more competion during the entire length of the race.

i also like the size of the grids, in every race we had a large field of cars, which is always good to see. I also liked the live stream, it is really good for both the drivers that are out of the car and for everybody who just likes to watch this type of races.

What i didn't liked:

As i was said before the starting and restarting procedures were a bit too long, but i guess there isn't any other way to do then, or it's hard to find a solution for it, so i guess it's ok.

One of the things i also think it could be improved is the broadcast coments, i understand it may be hard to find a comentator avaible to give up is free time to do coments in the early hours of the morning and during the nigth, but i think it would be great for the spectators, that way they would have coments and would be easier for the spectators to keep awaked.

Opinions:
I would also like to give my opinion relating the earlier sugestion of having a hotlap pre-qualy for every race, i don't agree with that, as it was stated by other members this is endurance racing, so i don't think a hotlap you be a good way to decide who would entr the race, consistency and the ability to avoid incidents are much more important.

I would also prefer if the next season of RDLMS (or VWEC) would be in rf1 instead of rf2, because i think that we all know how rf1 works and we have a great mod and tons of tracks we can use during the season, this way we could way until rf2 is more developed, i also think that changing to rf2 may cause some drivers with less capable pc's (like myself) aren't able to take part in S5, alhtough if the decision as been made and it won't be changed again i understand it must be for the good of this GREAT championship :)

Thank you all for this great season :thumbsup:

Sugestion:

i would like to make a sugestion, i'm not sure if it is possible to do it, or the workload of such a sugestion would be too much fot hte admins, it was something that crossed my mind after the race and i would like to sugest.
I thought it could be done a special broadcast with invited drivers, teamowners, etc. to discuss how the season went, specially the last round. That broadcast could also have a space reserved to everyone who took part on the race and wanted to tell their stories during the race and that sort of things, what do you think?
please don't take my sugestion badly, i know admins are stuffed with work to do in their free time, it was just something that crossed my mind and i thought it could be really nice

I want to thank everyone that was involved in this race: Admins, Teams, Drivers, Commentators, Specators, Twitterers, etc. You made this possible and I had a great time being part of it;)

It's been a great race:)

I'd also like to thank my teammates Robert Wiesenmüller, Tommi Ojala and Jesper Taulborg for their tremendous performance, especially in the night. Thanks a lot guys! I'd also like to thank James Johnson, Chris Butcher, Lee Palmer, Rasmus Salo as we were all in the same channel(Tom Eley too) and helped/pushed each other. Not to mention the P1 car not giving up and making it to the end of the race, even though they had such terrible luck:(

Even I got scared when I turned the clock to 11:00 PM and everything except the illuminated road ahead was dark:confused:

I also want to thank the Simco Hungarian Team for challenging us until late into the race, it was tough, but a very great fight.

As "Rob" said: We decided quite late to enter a 2nd car, and didn't have high expectations. So I keep starting to grin when I think of what we achieved:D

I spun sometimes, but I kept the car out of the barriers. I had some experience with LMP2 cars already, but the loose rear end(Lock the brakes, release and steer in quickly, you'll know what I mean) caught me out at times.

As for what Robin Verdegaal was speaking about:

Speaking about lapping cars: As I knew very well how important it is to stay out of trouble in Endurance races, I was very careful when attempting to lap a slower car. Even when I was alongside I kept checking where the other cars was. I think I've lost several quick laps that enabled Simco to be 2-4s faster, but I made sure we didn't lose time by stupidly running into another car. Very often, I gave a "thanks"-flash after lapping a car.

I was especially "thoughtful" when it came to the Porsche curves and mostly didn't overtake there(I think I passed some cars before the Apex but they knew I was there). I also slowed down when I saw a GT1 car trying to pass a GT2 car. Sometimes, I went around the outside when it was safe enough to do so. I hope I was, apologies if not.

Everything is better than ruining my own and someone else's race. After all, we were leading and the last we needed was some stupid crash. So I was mostly careful and let Jesper do the stunning laptimes;)

On Sunday morning, when I got into the car for the first time of the day, I just thought "OMG Keep it clean David, you're sitting in the class leading car, don't screw up now, stay focused!" Not something I get to think much about:p

Towards the end, it turned into a THR battle with JJ only passing me before the last chicane:confused:

I actually turned my boost up to max. and drove a laptime 1.4s faster than my best(3:28.0), but it wasn't quite enough, but after crossing the line(forgetting to flash frantically but crashing into the P1 car on the slow-down lap) it didn't matter anymore.

Biggest success in "my"(as part of a team) simracing career so far:thumbsup:

And now, two stories from TS:

*Someone(Probably Tommi) checking live-timing*

"What does "BF" stand for?"

Jesper&Me(driving) unisono: "Blue Flag!"

"Okay."

Me(still driving, getting lapped by two P1 cars): "You know, for jokes, it could also mean "boyfriend" for example":D

Someone(JJ, Lee or ?): "Good it isn't like that, you just got two of them."

*Laughter*

Me: :redface::rolleyes:

-----------------------------------

*During the last few laps, when JJ was chasing me down*

Me: "Don't catch me JJ, we got team orders you know, Multi 21, MULTI 21!!!!":roflmao:

Okay okay, the post is long enough now, gotta stop.

Thanks and see you again!

i think it was Robert who asked about "BF" :D but it was fun thou :D

Hmm yeah, I think that's right! My mistake:whistling:

Just had to listen to my National Anthem for that, the ending of it sounds pretty amazing!

And I think it's a very special win for Jesper, winning the race as a Danish driver. So here's the Danish National Anthem aswell, let's dedicate the victory to memory of Allan Simonsen!

Marcel Offermans

The Last Garage
Premium
Then i suggets you do a endurance race on it. Pitstop times when you have damage are much longer then in rfactor1 :thumbsup: did a 2h30 min race here on RD pistop after damage 300sec :thumbsdown:

I'm sure those can be adjusted if needed. On the other hand, I always found the pitstop repair times in rFactor rather short when compared to real life. But that's a different discussion, probably a bit premature.

Wasn't planning on doing this race but said to Matt (Satellite Racing boss) if he needs a driver then put me as a reserve and I'll be around if needed to step in. Day before the event I was told I needed to step in to drive in the LMP1 car as Alex couldn't take part due to injury in football training.

Done some laps in the morning and was happy with my race pace and was in the 3:19's, 3:20's so I was happy with that then all off a sudden my internet started cutting out 2 or 3 hours before the event started and was trying everything to sort it out by rebooting my internet which still didn't fix it so a quick call on to my Internet provider and asked them what the problem was to be told it was a signal issue so they rebooted my internet and it worked wonders.

Mike started the race and was keeping a consistent pace and I was starting to get nervous before he handed over as I didn't want to screw up and crash the car so I just said to myself to just relax and drive round at a pace I was comfortable with and made it to the end of my stints with no problems and handed over to Lee.

Jumped back in the car at 10 or 11 at night and decided to try and do a triple stint but decided to stick to a double as I was starting to get tired and decided it was safer to do a double stint as I didn't want to crash the car and handed over to Kevin then decided to go and get some sleep so I was fresh in the morning.

Came back on Sunday morning and asked how the team was getting on and was happy to hear that both teams were back up to 6th in LMP1 and GT2 considering the problems we had and was a great effort. Decided to take over from Mike in the LMP1 car and decided to do the last 4 hours and with a big gap in front of us and big gap behind us I decided just to coast him and keep out of trouble and got to the end with no trouble and finished in 6th place which I was thrilled with and even happier that our GT2 car finished 6th in GT2.

I also have to say sorry if I was aggressive when lapping GT traffic and always flashed before I lapped them just to let them know I was there. Also have to say a big congratulations to the class winners.

As a team manager: Thanks for RD for this season. I'm absolutly satisfied with my GT1 team's result on 24h race. P2 team was unlucky, as in this season, they had technical issues after 10 hours, but this is motorsport. P2 team made a high performance under the whole race, but the technics is killed us.

As a P2 driver, and captain of the P2 team: We are really unhappy about this 4th place. We should deserve the first place. Until the first SC (which was at night) we had a big gap on the first place, with 2 laps. We should give the 3rd lap after SC but someone crashed on the straight:O_o: and my brother hit the traffic, and the car was totally crashed, lost front and rear wing, 1 or 2 puncture. I had to made the call immediately. "Go back to the pit, we will have a new car and you can go after the pack."

It's should went fine, but we had to wait for the mark. so we must hit the esc again. admin said go. my brother went out from the box and the software removed us from the server.
After this we had to lobby at the race control. So, after this complication we had 2 or 3 laps down. After this moment we had to run after the first place. At night the team is performed a huge performance, and when the server crashed again at the morning we are in 1 lap down on the second place. When we were in the same lap technical issue again. 3 lap down, and internet connection lost, so its was techincal again.

In the end we were lost the 2nd place too, with 15 minutes stay in the box penalty cause of 2 freeze out in line. "Very good" I'm wasn't give a piece of :poop: for the final result, just finish this race finally. Overview from my eyes: I'm slept 2.5 hours. I was drive about 6 or 7 hours at evening and at night/morning. I havent got any mistakes, that was classy:whistling: okay, i had a 1 mistake, i'm braked little bit late before 'indy' thats all. My teammates has most of clear stints too, little mistakes thats all, not a big deal. We should won this event with 7-8 laps lead, but the technics don't want:( I'm satisfied with all of my mates.

As captain of GT1 team: Szabolcs made a bad qualify, he said if we work on the setup before the Q and not after that (between the Q and the race), I could made a fifth position.
GT1 team wasn't really active under the season, but i can say they made a really nice work, they gave the maximum result from them in GT1. They had mistakes but it wasnt so big. Tamás had to restrain Dániel. I'm just laughed on the TS when i heard it. Danny start team's and his last stint:

Tamás Cseh: "Danny don't push, don't use boost. We have 3 laps lead before 4th position, and 4 laps down after 2nd place.

Dániel Tóth: "What? how you said? use boost higher? 2 is not enough?
Tamás: 2????? are you mad? Use only 1.
Dániel: Easy, I'm used 1, ................. from now
Tamás: f*ck you :D you can use 2 boost for only 1 lap. Dont push, Spare the car. We had to keep this position.
Dániel: okay!

and what we saw on the live timing? he beats our teammates' best laps on 1 boost.:D

We had a result from Nordschleife 24hours, we had 2nd place.
THAT was the challenge, if someone want to see the checkered flag. This time wasn't a big deal, i guess.
P2 team started this season in the P1 class, but we saw, in this "mod" P2 is more comfortable for us.

Thats all folks.

and what we saw on the live timing? he beats our teammates' best laps on 1 boost.:D

That sort of sounds like me driving but against myself during the event as we were just looking to finish.

Was using one boost and during the night I suddenly went 4 seconds faster than my PB with only 5 laps night racing with the Porsche and about 1,5 hours in the Spyker last season :D

Don't know if it is like in real life that the car runs better engine whise when it gets slightly coler in the air but I find that kind of strange, same thing happened at Nordschleife when RD had their 24H over there :roflmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 93 18.6%
  • €151-500

Votes: 133 26.6%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 86 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 44 8.8%
  • €1501-3000