RD Le Mans Series Season 3 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to request a license?
Any license in RDLMS must be requested. A person can do this by following the procedure below. Note that the person that requests the license automatically acknowledges to have read and understand the contents of the license as displayed in this entire text.

Send a Private Message to George Talbot through the RaceDepartment forum containing the following information:
- Name of the team
- Class of preference (also list 2nd and 3rd choice in order of preference!)

No requests can be made before 15th August 2011
No new requests will be accepted after 19th September 2011! (This only applies to Round 1 - new entries are accepted for later Rounds)

Striking GT1 seems fairly arbitrary, why not also strike an LMP class as well if you want more cars per class? Probably most people dropped out of races last season because of the lack of a reconnect feature, but that has not been addressed at all. I personally would not have removed any class at all. Sure you can argue that ALMS no longer has GT1 but the fact of the matter is that this mod simulates seasons that still had. Give us a more up to date GT2 field and I could see your point, but there is no newer mod so I would have left it as is.

I wanted to work on adding more GT2 cars but we did not have permission to do so. I also dont want to make the game more unstable and bring in more potential bugs/issues that may lead to more disconnects.

In reply to the reconnect feature, Im sorry but I do not have the skills/capability to create something like this. We will just have to wait for rFactor 2.

We all know that the team behind this endurence mod is working on a few more cars, so I was wondering in case there mod would be released in the middle of the RDLMS season would teams be able to change car just like last season?​

Other car manufacturers aside, will this season allow the 911 GT3 RSR 997 from 2008 only? What about the 2009 Porsche? :)

If there is enough time before the next race when an update is released we will try our best to use it for the next round. Luckily Simsync will make it easier for us to implement mid season changes.

Marcel, I will look into the specific cars that we will allow, a lot of the info that I have posted is from last year so it might need tweaking a little bit. I am also working on the templates so I would guess that within a week they will be released.

Mods aside we can stop all the disco in a real easy way but RD seems hell bent on not doing so there are many leagues out that use hot swap to do driver changing. Now I know this can lead to cheating but if you look at the other leagues that have been using that system you make it clear that any team that does not do in a pit stop then they will be out of the league and may also be banned from RD. I spent a lot of time doing research on this last season and have seen the pros and cons and there are so many pros its un real even ISI have said to leagues to use the hot swap as its more better then the system we now use.

I think that you all IE the admin of the league should really be looking into this more then what tracks and stuff we should use as there will be the same thing again this season to many team left the league or lost a race win because of the disco.

And also make the the 1 pc teams do a timed stop at the end of the pits every time they stop you need to make it fair on the rest of us.

Teams who share a pc, will have to stop at the designated spot in the pits to perform their driver swaps, there will be a minimum time that they must spend in the box, at the end of the race they will be required to inform the staff each of the manual swaps they did during the race.

In reply to hot swapping, we will not be using this feature for the new season, we are hoping that the introduction of simsync and a much smaller base mod should make the server more stable and reduce the chance of discos during swaps.

"Teams who share a pc, will have to stop at the designated spot in the pits to perform their driver swaps, there will be a minimum time that they must spend in the box, at the end of the race they will be required to inform the staff each of the manual swaps they did during the race"

That there is not an answer you have just p[ut what we have done for the last to seasons. what I asked is it should not matter if the race says to stops have to be done as most teams have for drivers that want to race. What I am saying is the 1 pc teams should have to stop at the end of the pits every time they change there driver. We had a big talk about this last season it will be in the season 2 bit some where but Yoei wanted it left as it was not many happy faces with that.

Simsync wont help but if thats the way it is we will have to hope it dose every crossed :)

It is an answer, maybe not the answer you were looking for.

Just because you ask for something does not mean that you will get it.

This system will work, teams will get a D.Q if they do not perform the correct amount of swaps or if they fail to stay in their box for the correct amount of time.

A wast of time even talking you are really starting to rib me up the wrong way.

I asked you to look into things because it would better the league for us all not just me thank you very much you should mind your tone you seem to think because you are staff on here now you can speak to people like crap think again pal.

I wont wast my time typing in this thread any longer as it seems every can ask stuff but me.

you just skip round things that get asked like it is really that hard to make a good and proper post see it goes like this

Yes will will change the rules this season as we fill that because of what has been said at the end of least season for was to make it better. So for this season all pc teams will have to wait at the end of the pits every time they do a driver swap not just the one that need to be done.

Or no we are leaving the rules as they are as we fill it is ok the way it is.

see its not that hard really is it.

Please see post #40 for your answer, was posted earlier, maybe you missed it.

In reply to telling me to watch my tone, I will put that back at you, posting in this manor will only decrease your chances of being accepted into this league.

Everyone else who has asked questions so far has managed to post in a sensible/polite way. I have replied to them as best as I can, I replied to your post but you did not like the answer, as I have said before, if you do not like the plans for this series, please do not waste the staff members time dealing with squables in the forum.

Is was not an answer at all and now you start with a threat that I will be not in the league because I am not going to take your crap. you have been staff on here for about 2 weeks and you start with that crap do what you like who says I was even going to sign up don't run before you can walk.

And a squable ha ha ha if you put the time into post some thing that was done right I would have to keep asking I dont care what way the rule goes but is it really that much to put some work into a post and put soming like I posted in the last post. saying thay will get a dq if they do not stop is not an answer in the least that is not what
"I asked if they was going to asked to stop ever time they do a driver swap".

A yes or a no or a we are not looking at that side of things just yet we will post something up when we know what the rule will be.

I am more then happy with any of them. It just seems funnny that when I ask any other league staff that can put it like that but you cant so what is the problem?

"Teams who share a pc, will have to stop at the designated spot in the pits to perform their driver swaps, there will be a minimum time that they must spend in the box"

I dont understand how you are struggling with this, I will try to simplify......

Team comes into pits, stops at designated spot for driver swap, waits for the required time stated by staff and then drives out of the pits.

Race finishes, team owner sends me pm stating which laps they made there driver swaps on.

with 12hrs, I look through the replay to see if the swaps were as described and within the rules.

5 mins later, I contact team owner to inform him everything was fine, or I tell him they broke the rules and they got a D.Q

*Simples*

Wayne, perhaps the wording isn't clear to you but it says they have to sit in this box to perform their swaps.

Perhaps we could look at including a MINIMUM number of swaps like last season - that way these sharing teams cannot claim they did not change drivers.

In terms of the disconnects, perhaps test races will allow us to see whether SimSync has solved the issue or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back