RD Le Mans Series Season 3 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if we level out all the cars like this, the GT2's get the same performances as the GT1's and mash it up to one big GT class. And the petrol P1's and P2's gets the same performance to form the P2 class and diesels be kept as they are in the P1, of course this means modifying the files and thus needs permission from Enduracers, and of course a hassle in changing all the files. I guess you could call what some other mods have 'league edition' but I dont mean the all cars gets same stats in each class just that they are leveled. The reason for this in my view is to have a larger choice of vehicles meaning more interesting fields when spectating the race. Oh and perhaps be distributed as such- 14 GT's and 13 in each P2 and P1 class.

Just thought!

That is the same thing I was thinking of in a way but going the other way ie having all the GT1 cars as GT2 with new files. so I love your thinking there. Its very easy to do it and we would not need permission as it would be and RD only file that can be put on the internet server and a link be given to the team owner to then give to his drivers.

Personally I would much rather drive another season with a well built and thoroughly tested mod under rules that are based on three year old real-life competitions than drive in an edited mod to adjust to newer competition rules. Editing a mod is NOT easy.

In the few leagues that I've competed in who went the editing way seasons were an ongoing mess of physics bugs, mismatches, performance and connection issues and not in the least: fights about the modifications. Cars would be too fast, too light, too economic in fuel consumption, and people would demand car changes because 'the other car is faster'. Eventually in some cases leading to single spec races. If anything, NOT more realistic than the original mods were.

I would like it to be the same as it was before but It might not be so its putting some thing on the table that would still keep the cars in the league.

Modding is easy when you know what your doing. By what you have put there the league admins was letting to many people say what they wanted that is not a good way to go. To get the GT1 cars to be the same as the GT2 cars I could do it in less then a week with no problems at all but then thats just me

Personally I would much rather drive another season with a well built and thoroughly tested mod under rules that are based on three year old real-life competitions than drive in an edited mod to adjust to newer competition rules. Editing a mod is NOT easy.

In the few leagues that I've competed in who went the editing way seasons were an ongoing mess of physics bugs, mismatches, performance and connection issues and not in the least: fights about the modifications. Cars would be too fast, too light, too economic in fuel consumption, and people would demand car changes because 'the other car is faster'. Eventually in some cases leading to single spec races. If anything, NOT more realistic than the original mods were.

That depends on what you change, if the Zytek and Epsilon receives the same physics as the Acura, and the Creation and Courage receives the same physics as the Porsche both in the P2-class, there will be no discussions over which one is the better option as far as Ive seen the selection between the Acura and the Porsche has always been very close. The same can be applied in the 'GT-class' with the Ferrari 430 and Spyker receiving Saleens physics since they both use the MR configuration and then Panoz gets the Corvette or Aston physics, the odd one is the Porsche 997 which will have to get some special treatment with its engine in the back.

And like Wayne says it can be done easily if you know how and what to do. However I do think that you need permission even if it is just for private use.

And on the rules I think its a good way to go, applying the rules from ELMS would make things so much easier. But I guess it would have to be a bit modified to suit the needs/advantages/disadvantages of simracers!

I agree with Robin here that messing with the physics would be a huge mistake. If all you're after is just copying the physics of one car to another (and even that is not as simple as you make it sound as you'd have to account for things like changes in wheel bases) then why not just throw out some cars instead? Anyway, the physics are not the problem as far as I'm concerned. The driver swap bugs and lack of reconnect options are. I would focus my attention on fixing those in stead.

Dont worry guys, no physics will be edited. Best to stick with the most stable base settings as possible. Season 3 Info will be released very soon.

For those of you who cant wait, you might want to start practising in North America......... Just a hint!

RDLMS SEASON 3 | INTRO & INFO

The RaceDepartment staff recommends reading this entire article for those that wish to enter the competition.

League: RaceDepartment Le Mans Series
Season: 3 (2011/12)
Game Required: rFactor
Divisions: 1 (40 teams with multiple drivers)
Mod: Endurance Series v1.2 SP1 + 1.1 by EnduRacers

INTRODUCTION

Welcome to the RaceDepartment Le Mans Series - Season 3 (RDLMS S3). RDLMS is an endurance series with races from six up to twelve hours in which teams with multiple drivers battle for the supremacy on a series of challenging circuits. The third season, to be held in the autumn and winter of 2010 and the spring of 2011, consists of four events at circuits in the USA, and the final round will be held at the most legendary endurance circuit: Circuit de la Sarthe in Le Mans.

CHANGES IN SEASON 3

Season 3 will be a season championship, contrary to season 1 that was pretty much event based. Teams will be required to participate the entire season and will score points for the championship of their specific class. All classes will still race together though.
To participate each team will require a license that is provided by RaceDepartment to the team owner of that team. What this license is all about can be read in the RDLMS S3 Team Owner License Agreement.
Each race will have a designated number of mandatory driver swaps. There will be additional rules for those that share a PC and thus cannot perform a regular driver swap.
Please note that GT1 has been removed from S3 to make the series more up to date. This will allow larger fields in the remaining classes.

AVAILABLE CARS

The cars available come for the Endurance Series by EnduRacers. RaceDepartment will try to stay up to date with the latest patches and releases of this mod, but much will depend on how the release dates relate to the calendar. This list will be updated according to the latest decisions of the staff concerning implemented patches and releases.

Protoypes 1 (P1)
Audi R10
Peugeot 908 HDI

Prototypes 2 (P2)
Acura ARX 01B
Porsche RS Spyder Evo

Grand Touring (GT)
Ferrari F430
Panoz Esperente GTLM
Porsche 997 RSR
Spyker C8

> All required files will be downloaded through SimSync.

SESSION INFO

Free Practice, all cars (120 minutes)
Qualification GT2 (20 minutes)
Qualification P1 & P2 (20 minutes)
Warm-up (15 minutes)
Race: 6, 8, 10, or 12 hours

In the case a team enters the circuit during the wrong qualification session they will lose the right to set a time and have to start at the back of the line (either Prototype or GT). The same goes for teams that cross the finish line more than once after the "RETURN TO PIT" mark has been given.

The race has a Manual Formation Lap and a Rolling Start. Read article 5.6 of the RaceDepartment League Regulations for more information on this procedure.

SEASON SCHEDULE

It is with great pleasure to announce Season 3 of the RDLMS. S3 will build on the success of S1 and S2 and will have an American theme to the series. For all the fans of Le Mans, dont worry, we will once again visit the iconic Circuit de la Sarthe for the final round of the series.

ROUND 1 - 10 HOURS OF SEBRING x1 TS - 15/10/11

Official Practice: 09:00 GMT
Qualifying: 11:00 GMT
Warm-Up: 11:45 GMT
Race: 12:00 GMT

2 Required Swaps

ROUND 2 - 6 HOURS OF ROAD AMERICA x1 TS - 19/11/11

Official Practice: 11:00 GMT
Qualifying: 13:00 GMT
Warm-Up: 13:45 GMT
Race: 14:00 GMT

1 Required Swaps

ROUND 3 - 8 HOURS OF DAYTONA x1 TS - 17/12/11

2 Required Swaps

ROUND 4 - 8 HOURS OF ROAD ATLANTA x1 TS - 14/1/12

2 Required Swaps

ROUND 5 - 12 HOURS OF LE MANS x2 TS - 11/2/12

3 Required Swaps

*Please note that S3 has a tighter schedule due to the forthcoming release of rFactor 2. We have tried to arrange the races to fall on dates that do not clash with other external events.

TEAMS

In RDLMS S3 a total of 40 teams will participate in each event. Each team has a team owner who holds the license provided by RaceDepartment and takes responsibility for the organisation of the team. The team owner will be the person who communicates with the RDLMS staff and provides the necessary information to the other members of his team.

To start a team in RDLMS the team owner must read and agree with the Team Owner License Agreement (TOLA). Additionally he must create and manage his team in RD GPCOS, the results and standings system of RaceDepartment.

> Read the RDLMS S3 TOLA
> Go to the RD GPCOS Control Center

DRIVERS

Each team consists of two to six drivers who cover part of the races and swap places during the pitstops. It is up to the team owners to decide who these drivers are. Each driver must be a Licensed Member of RaceDepartment and must create a driver account at RD GPCOS to be allowed to participate in the races of RDLMS S3.

> Become a Licensed Member of RaceDepartment
> Go to the RD GPCOS Control Center

LIVERIES, PAINTS & SKINS

Each team is free to provide a car livery (paint job) to be put on its car by the RDLMS staff. The livery may change per event as long as it is provided before the designated deadline for that event. The livery must meet certain requirements and must be provided in a specific way. Read the Skin Sending Instructions thread to find out what these requirements are. Note that we do not want to get burried in workload, so please do not change your skins unless it is a necessity (change of car for example). Also, once you have delivered your skin, you do not have to send it a second time for the next round. All skins will automatically move to the next round.

> Skin Sending Instructions

ADDITIONAL RULES

Mandatory Driver Swap
In each race every team has to perform a certain minimum number of driver swaps. During a driver swap one driver takes over the wheel from the other. In rFactor this means a spectator takes over control of the car from a driver during a pitstop, after which the roles switch. This procedure must take place at least one to three times depending on the event. The longer the race, the more driver swaps must be performed. Teams that do not perform enough driver swaps will be disqualified.

In case a team shares the same PC during the event they cannot perform the driver swap through rFactor, but will simply manually swap drivers. The staff cannot register such driver swaps. To counter this a special procedure is designed. It goes as follows:

Before the event the drivers sharing the PC create an rFactor driver profile that contain their names, e.g. Smith-Johnson-Bush or Smi-Joh-Bus or something similar.
Whenever the team performs a manual driver swap they move the car into the pit and stop at a designated spot at the end of the pitlane. There the car must stand still for at least 10 seconds before continuing the race. The team is allowed to combine this manual driver swap with a regular pitstop, first stopping for tyres and fuel and then moving to the designated spot for the swap.
After the race the team must notify the RDLMS staff about in which laps the driver swaps were performed. They have until 24 hours after the finish of the race to do this.

In case not enough manual driver swaps are performed by PC-sharing teams, or in case they do not report the laps of the driver swaps the team gets disqualified. Additional manual swaps do not need to be performed, even if actual swapping takes place, but it is of course allowed to go through the procedure more often than the amount of mandatory swaps indicate (like we would stop you...).

CONTACT THE STAFF

> George Talbot (Q&A, servers, daily maintenance, skinpack & liveries)
> Yoeri Gijsen (Q&A, entries & regulations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back