RD Le Mans Series Season 2 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes i know, i'm just giving feedback on a direction that could be a possibility to take in making stuff more stable, whatever RD decides to do, will happen and that's that.

I don't know why people are jumping at my throat, least of all one of the mod makers, when what i'm saying has no bearing on his mod outside this league.

I see!:)

And now that you mention Suzuka being narrow I guess you're right Ryan, it would be a bit harder to pass slower cars. But I can't help the feeling that the challenge gets lost the wider the tracks are...

I agree with that, I would like to race where the ALMS and LMES race in real life, Mid Ohio and Portimao, on these tracks there are less places to overtake but in my opinion this makes it easier, you know exactly where you need to pass so you set yourself up to make the move, you know where it is going to happen, I think mistakes can creep in when there are a multitude of places to pass and wider tracks,instead of setting yourself up to pass in one or two places people think Oh I can get by here or there or here and indecision rears its ugly head.

My other suggestion is skins, they seem to cause problems quite a bit, lets run with the original skins, they are fantastic, dont bite my head off for that guys just my tuppence ha'penny :D

yes i know, i'm just giving feedback on a direction that could be a possibility to take in making stuff more stable, whatever RD decides to do, will happen and that's that.

I don't know why people are jumping at my throat, least of all one of the mod makers, when what i'm saying has no bearing on his mod outside this league.

Because in your first post you were judging mod team work, not RD staff work. "deal with the enduracers ridiculously update naming". Next time choose better your words please, your post was not very mutch respectlfull for the mod team.

Skins

Personally, myself and team-mates have not had an issue with swapping skins and issues with mismatches. I see no issues with changing schemes throughout the season.
I would however like to see the skin packs released a set time ahead of the test race and not just a couple of days before the actually race.
Regarding the format of these. I would like to see a set colour/number scheme akin to real endurance/sports car (alms, le man cup etc) racing. As in, the release of set plaques with correct background colours, a full 0-9 font pack and class labels to make it a bit more professional looking. This idea was put in place when the service pack was released but I think now would be a good time to get it right and have the most professional looking league around!
I also like the STC idea of a competition on RD to vote the favourite skins as this would also help with advertising and promotion of the league.

Tracks

The choice of tracks has been questionable in the past and with a lack of reasoning and transparency has left a bitter taste for quite a few drivers. The Monza disaster for example and the continual late release of final tracks.
I think the league would benefit from a discussion with a choice of tracks chosen by the organisers and then a voting system to allow the teams/drivers to have the final say on the tracks used.
I would also like to see a few more real racing locations for the above mentioned series used in the next season to mirror and hopefully increase interest with the league/real endurance series. Examples; Algarve, Silverstone, Road Atlanta etc. I do however appreciate there will always be legality/availability/suitability issues.
Most importantly though drivers must like the tracks they race at to increase willingness to set time aside to practice and let’s be frank actually turn up and race…

Start Procedure

I have no issues with the final revision of the start procedure, this worked very well at La Sarthe!

Promotion

Having had the pleasure of a few seasons in various championships with various sites and organisers I applaud the effort and time required to sort out the league, often leaving little time/motivation to promote the events to their fullest.
From racing in FPWS I saw that constant interviews, timely promotion and reminders ahead of events and reporting on milestones (skin pack releases, rendered team presentations, promotional videos (the intro video released was amazing and I have watched it a few times when booting the game up but there was sooo little announcement and mention of it that it just got buried), upcoming race insights and interviews with teams/drivers) had the most effect on raising the awareness of the events. Just another form of social marketing in essence.

Additions to informational posts
Maybe a note asking for a clean rfactor-lite install in bold (copy your .exe from the original install if your using a disk to avoid being asked for another key code) and just the track/skin pack only!

Release dates and closing dates

I really, really think a lot of issues can be nipped in the bud before they become problems by having a full track pack done before the start of the season and running a few sessions with the invited teams to make sure we don’t have unusable or bugged tracks. Maybe even asking other leagues and community members to help with assistance (like with the borrowing of Monza from FSR and the great work Ryan and others have done)

Disconnections

Now personally I have not had an issue here, but the hot-swapping feature was brought to my attention, basically for those unaware like myself it’s a loss free swap system that seems to be more consistent. The only drawback is that you should not use it in the pit stop so this is something worth looking at? Example scenario player 1 takes pit stop then switches to player 2 on the pit lane on the way out, instead of switching in the pit stop and risking a disconnect?
I found some good info on this here and discussing it with team-mates
http://www.race2play.com/homepage/show_posts/289

Simsync

Finally, a clean install and mod files only as mentioned above should cause 0 problems but if this feature is available why not implement it if it is not too much trouble as it takes a major cause of issues away

My views are my own for the most part and I welcome discussions via pm or steam/msn etc. If you have an issue or disagree vehemently please contact me via pm to discuss :)

PS @ Klo-che as said before amazing mod, amazing amount of detail and immersion, fantastic! Your group should be very proud.

hey guys,

I'm looking for a Team in the RDLMS. I don't prefer any type of car. I din't drive on rFactor for a long time but i try to come back and drive as much as i can. in the last few month i drove on GT5 and won many races with my multigamingclan. So i think in 2 weeks i'm ready for the RDLMS again and hope someone has a seat for me. if you do so just send me a mail.

Ricardo Edelmann

My suggestions basically reflect what has already been mentioned..........

1. A tested track pack to be released prior to the commencement of the season.

2. The use of symsinc should not even be an issue for debate...it has to be used.

3. A modified version of the mod including only those cars to be used in the event....they will give you permission.

4. A reliable broadcast provider.

5. Consultation with other Endurance leagues to avoid date clashes.

A thought that has occurred to me is if the broadcast does not work (or simultaneously aswell), how about a "radio-function"? For the first hour of the Le Mans race, Joakim and I were referring things on track by writing in the shoutbox. I think that this could make it easier to tell the interested guys what is happening, even though we are out of pictures. I have no idea how to make this possible, though :tongue:

My suggestions basically reflect what has already been mentioned..........

1. A tested track pack to be released prior to the commencement of the season.

2. The use of symsinc should not even be an issue for debate...it has to be used.

3. A modified version of the mod including only those cars to be used in the event....they will give you permission.

4. A reliable broadcast provider.

5. Consultation with other Endurance leagues to avoid date clashes.

6. Detailed Live timing(gap to the driver in front, gap to overall leader, fastest lap, last lap, Sector time for current lap with split time against driver's fastest sector in brackets, driver position overall, driver position in class).

You could just use rfactor monitor which would do all this and more but as an admin said before there's problems with security using rfmonitor with racedepartment.

I see!:)
And now that you mention Suzuka being narrow I guess you're right Ryan, it would be a bit harder to pass slower cars. But I can't help the feeling that the challenge gets lost the wider the tracks are...

I agree with that, I would like to race where the ALMS and LMES race in real life, Mid Ohio and Portimao, on these tracks there are less places to overtake but in my opinion this makes it easier, you know exactly where you need to pass so you set yourself up to make the move, you know where it is going to happen, I think mistakes can creep in when there are a multitude of places to pass and wider tracks,instead of setting yourself up to pass in one or two places people think Oh I can get by here or there or here and indecision rears its ugly head.

If with Portimao you mean algarve..then yes that is a track that was ever considered(in season 1 that is :)) and you might never know in the future...
But tracks like Mid Ohio might be 95% avoided for endurance. As it is not due to the challenge of being small, but more on the short patience or the big risk takers that some drivers are or have in a faster car while lapping a slower car. For example, even on wide tracks I have seen many faster cars taking a to big risk in passing me in corners that result in error making by them and me trying to avoid their errors, only to see me spin afterwards. Put that on a small track and many cars/traffic = high risk of accidents waiting to happen, ego's being busted and angry people asking why in the first place we put this track on the schedule.
I am not saying that it would never happen, but seeing the high risk that it has I think it is preferred to be avoided. It will only work if, and that is a big IF:), if everyone would learn to have patience and to respect other track users more ;). But that is something that needs a whole lot of work and will take a lot of time.

100% agree with Chris' view, why make the lapping harder than it already is?

If there are only 2 opportunities, LMP's will be even more agressive to GT's, because they are loosing 5 seconds in the 3 corners between those places.....

We could do a 2/3 hour clubrace on Mid Ohio if so many people want that track....

I thought the calendar was pretty good this year

That's a very nice race impression indeed.

Just to let you know. I'm working on the screenshotpacks again. I had totally forgotten to make one for Fuji as well, so I will release that with the pack of Le Mans. There will also be an official announcement with the winners on the frontpage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back