RD Le Mans Series Season 2 (rFactor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus Dahlgren

ShoeLazers
couldn't we just use LMp2 and GT1 cars? (20 LMP2 and 20 GT1) would make the field closer and there wouldn't be as much lapping.

I personally feel the LMP2 cars and the GT1 cars, are the best cars in the mod.

Nice idea, or perhaps we just get rid of the P1 class. Or use the petrol-P1's, since the diesels are really hard a to hear when they come up to lap you and then just swooshes by. 13 cars of P2/GT1/GT2 ?

On the whole, it was a good season and we have Yoeri, Ryan, Damian, Matt, and Mathias to thank for that.

I'm praying rF2 fixes these strange disconnects although some of ours were caused by other people, which meant that I only got a chance to drive the car once this season and that was because I took the first stint at Le Mans.

As some people have already said, the league needs more media attention than what it got this season and at times the forum was quiet for several weeks between events.

The track list was OK, although I think we could just have the one event in the US as Sebring is a lot better track than Daytona in my opinion. Fuji is a good circuit, but it's only downfall is the final sector as cars got queued up here all too much. Monza just didn't feel right with these cars either but Sebring and Le Mans were two quality tracks. Rattlesnake Point is a great track for this sort of racing as it has several places to overtake and is a challenge. The track is also long enough that you are not always tripping over each other. Other good editions would be Paul Ricard, Silverstone, and Imola, as all 3 have the qualities needed for multi-class endurance racing.

couldn't we just use LMp2 and GT1 cars? (20 LMP2 and 20 GT1) would make the field closer and there wouldn't be as much lapping.

I personally feel the LMP2 cars and the GT1 cars, are the best cars in the mod.

Really don't like this idea. RDLMS its a Le Mans series. Its not Le Mans without the P1's. I thought numbers were fine tbh.

Dont think the practice mode is that good of a idea. It will not improve the driver attitude. In some cause people will crah out cause accidents and they will be able to join again. So whats real about that.
Altough i do think files should be recheckt beforre starting new season. There is definitely somthing wrong as there were so less finishers
About 1 pack for hole season sounds nice, so we can test it to the max before starting a season.
Like the mod, think its a real challenge to drive those vetts and the class difference, but would be nice to finish once in a while though

Marcel Offermans

The Last Garage
Premium
True, but can you disable the temp cars then, so that you reload the real car immediately when you are on the track?

First of all, you only get temp cars for people that join while you are in car, which means that they will disappear at the next driver change.

If you don't like that, you can disable the use of temp cars altogether at the cost of a slight "glitch" that will occur when someone loads their car. Up to the individual client to decide what they like best.

Also, you can design a better looking temp car that fits in more naturally with the rest of the field.

Marcel Offermans

The Last Garage
Premium
This is also something I wish not to happen. It will only confuse people more and make the total process even harder. If you disco'd because your internet crashed thats though but also life, and if you disco'd during driverswap you probably didnt do it the right way.

On driverswap-issue I feel that PC-sharing teams should not be allowed since they have a edge on the competition. Also if people complain that they lost connection during driverswap they should make sure that they did all the correct procedures, during the season ME Racing was able to do stops without any problems, except two times when we made some crucial errors in preparation for pitstops.

I don't see how running in practice makes anything more complicated. Sure we'd need tooling to make practice sessions look like race sessions, which probably involves replacing the standard rFactor overlays with custom ones, but all of that can be done (I know because I did it).

Stating that a disco during a driver swap is your own fault is plain wrong. There are known bugs in rFactor that cause seemingly random disconnects and mismatches that appear when doing a driver swap. ISI is aware they exist. This is not a problem you can blame on people doing a swap the wrong way.

Simply disallowing PC sharing teams is one way to even out the field. My view is more neutral on it but as long as there are issues with driver swaps I tend to say let's allow them. Our team this season has always done the absolute minimum number of driver swaps per event to minimize problems (up to the point of doing some of them after passing the 75% mark in an event) but maybe next season we will share PCs to better defend our titles.

Marcel Offermans

The Last Garage
Premium
Dont think the practice mode is that good of a idea. It will not improve the driver attitude. In some cause people will crah out cause accidents and they will be able to join again. So whats real about that.

Driving in practice will not mean that regardless of how you crash out of the race you will be able to hit ESC and/or rejoin and continue. It's not too hard to implement a system that can detect why you disconnected and only allow a reconnection if it was because of network issues and/or a CTD. Also, if your car had damage, there are several possible strategies for compensating for the fact that after a rejoin you get a "fresh" car, such as:
1) enforcing the car to stay on pit road for X amount of time, to simulate the time it would take the team to repair the car (where X might be like 15 minutes or so if the car had considerable damage)
2) to re-apply the effects of the damage by adding extra weight to the car (assuming we can correlate damage to extra weight but that's worth a shot)

Yes, i've always like the idea of running in practice mod aswell, provided some of the tooling Marcel mentioned are in place.
To get the amount of finishers up, you could even allow crashed cars to rejoin upto a certain time in the race, to get the cars "fixed" provided they get something like a 10 lap penalty or even more where they have to stay in their box before beeing able to come out.

But all of that would need to be monitored by a race control, wich could be quite the undertaking...

klo-che

EnduRacers Modding Team
As it is, the Endurace mod is simply not optimised for online play the way it is imho.

I would be more then happy to see another mod with such big content, such big quality, that is better optimised.

the enduracers ridiculously update naming they have in place that can cause all sorts of confusion.

You may not agree with some choices we do (like for names), but it would be appreciated to do it with respect toward our team, thanks. We're always opened to improvement propositions, not basic critics.

Everyone does things their way obviously... that's besides the point here, my critiques come from a standpoint that at any given time we have 30-40 cars on the server, with who knows how many extra people as spectators for impending driverswaps, all wanting to finish the races they start in.

Even with vanilla rfactor thats a tall order on the gmotor engine, now you can go and take everything i say out of context and get upset over it, but that just is a simply fact you can't deny. So the simpler things are, the better, can't argue that.

klo-che

EnduRacers Modding Team
I dont understand your answer, and don't see the link with your critics, so i ask you again.

- You say our mod is not corectly optimised : please point me mods that are as big, as detailled as our one, and that is better optimised.

- You critic the name of our update : please send us exemples of better names you would have used.

You are free to give critics, but it remains useless because not helping to have improvement, to critic somewhere else job is not the more efficient way to act.

I can think of quite a few mods actually, but thats neither here or there, so i don't see why we need to go there.

My point is and was, for our purposses here, half of the cars were not used in season 2, so why have them in the mod required to race in this league, where the game/server can freak out randomly on one of them 4 hours into the race?
Why not have a " download" for the league only, with just the cars and files used by the teams? less files = simpler for everyone all around = hopefully less chance of random freakiness by rfactor.

I think this is pritty logical stuff i'm saying here, no?
In any case, i've given my feedback, the staff here at RD will do what they deem is the direction to proceed in, so i'm going to leave it at that as this is getting very tiresome now... and theres still 13 and half hours to go in the real Le Mans race :)

But its the League owner his decision to make a mod smaller. Not a mod makers one. Who wants to make the mod so authentic as possible, with all the cars and skins that are used in real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 88 18.9%
  • €151-500

Votes: 123 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 80 17.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 9.0%
  • €1501-3000