RD Le Mans Series Season 6 (rFactor 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for a seat in either LMP1 or GTE. I haven't been racing on rfactor2 online for very long but i feel like i have been doing fairly well. I have achieved podiums in my last few races in other types of cars and my consistency in longer races has improved quite a lot. So if anyone is looking for a driver for either their LMP1 or GTE team I am available. :thumbsup:

Edit: found a drive

Last edited:
Small rule addition that somehow got lost when we created the threads:
No more than 3 drivers per car are allowed.

So to sum it up:
  • 2 - 3 drivers per car
  • If your team enters multiple cars, you can drive in each of the cars as long as they are not in the same class (eg. GTE+LMP1 is OK, GTE+GTE is not)
  • Each driver cannot drive more than 75% of the race length per car.
This rule is in place so that big teams cannot gain an advantage by having 5-6 drivers per car while small teams only have 2.

Last edited:
Hello racedepartment and VSC2 series admins,

I posted first at the V-WEC subforum but this series here seems to use the rejoin plugin for the races as well. However I know Marcel Offermans rejoin plugin since many races on SRorg. Since you drive these races only in a practice session, you have no XML result file for a league system and the scoring page of the final result created by the rejoin plugin contains only the basic information. Therefor I created a tool which can generated a race XML file and also a html race report.

Here is an example of a race report (24h de la Sarthe 2014 - SRorg): >>>click here<<<

Maybe you are interested in this tool. So please visit me on www.simsync.de...the support homepage for my tool.

Download and support
raceXMLcreator: >>>click here<<<
Support forum: >>>click here<<<

Best regards, Sebastian

Last edited:
Just some questions untill this moment:
- the weather will be like "real time"? So, for Silverstone the weather ingame at let's say 2:00pm will be the hourly prediction for 2:00pm? Will the practise sessions setup the same? Will the ingame race start time be given, so we can check the weather forcast for that time?
- the TC settings... will be set to maximum setting low, med or high?

We actually get live data from weather stations and radar:

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/?lat=52.080000&lon=-0.890000&zoom=10&wxsn=1

The current in-game temperature is calculated from nearby stations and the in-game rain level is determined by radar data (the green-to-red cloud).

Of course there are delays (~2-10 min) and small inaccuracies in the rain level, but in general it's pretty awesome :D

This has the advantage that you can use every forecast service that you like as in the end we will have the actual weather in (almost) real time.

Yes, all TC settings are allowed for LMP1.

We actually get live data from weather stations and radar:

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/?lat=52.080000&lon=-0.890000&zoom=10&wxsn=1

The current in-game temperature is calculated from nearby stations and the in-game rain level is determined by the radar data (the green-to-red cloud).

Of course there are delays (~2-10 min) and small inaccuracies in the rain level, but in general it's pretty awesome :D

This has the advantage that you can use every forecast service that you like as in the end we will have the actual weather in (almost) real time.

Yes, all TC settings are allowed for LMP1.
Are there any adjustmendts to the temperatures? I guess it will be really cold in November in Spa :D

If there is still spots available in a race and i haven't found a drive yet, could i potentially enter a team that only includes me and do the full 6 hours myself :p:p Only joking :geek: I don't think i could stand 6 hours (hard concentration) staring at a monitor. :laugh:

Would be pretty cool for fun events, but rF2 only supports rain yet :D Also if it snows in real life it will rain in-game, so there should be no problems

No idea, but would be fun to know. Maybe we can get an optional snow package with 4wd and spikes :D
Bit of trivia here.
I won a passenger ride on an ice circuit with Ivan Mueller a few years ago by winning an Ice Karting endurance race. He was the reigning Ice driving WDC at that time. It was in Subaru WRX with spiked tyres. It was awesome.

I am more vexed by the question of what kind of uniform we are to supply our grid girls.
I cant have them in skimpy shorts if its 5 deg.

Southern Cross Racing Press Release
We have started testing our new Lola LMP1 at Silverstone.
Our program has started well with a focus on a base dry setup that all drivers are comfortable with.
Our 2 main drivers have slightly differing preferences in terms of setup balance on corner exit. One prefers a little more oversteer on throttle and the other slight understeer. We are currently working through the chassis adjustments to achieve a compromise with a fast but stable car.
We will then move on to tyre testing and finally wet weather adjustments to find the optimum in car adjustments for wet stints eg Wing, Tyre Pressures, brake balance, and traction control as well as a pure wet setup if the rain looks persistent.
We also want to welcome on board our title sponsor ROSSIGNOL. and commercial partner and consumables supplier Carlsberg.

Last edited:
Magnus
I am driving cockpit in the LMP1 and have no issues in wet or dry.
I run automated HDR profiles not sure if thats the issue.
In some lighting situations you get that over exposure effect. As far as I know @Stefan Woudenberg is working on it. It is only on some hours per day as well as depending on the track. It is pretty bad in the evening at Bahrain, but Spa, Silverstone and Monza were fun when I tested them, but we have to make sure it doesn't happen in the race and the best solution would be a fix.

I also drive with automated HDR and don't have any problems with the windscreen being extreem bloomy (milky?).
There will be updates on the serveral camera position, but there will be only in a final release of the car, so no more in between updates.
The HDR in Bahrain when going from light to dark is realy bad, not only with my car but also with the stock ISI cars.... The VWEC race last season was horror when going from light to dark....

I think it would be good to know t he planned race times, so we can test the HDR. By running an accelerated session from race start time to race finish time :)
Just to be sure. The darkness in Bahrain cost us a lot (running HDR off it was black) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 335 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 227 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 171 7.9%